Chrono Trigger Resurrection

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
"Griffith No More!" said:
Indeed, I have to disagree with Mr. Karcas. I enjoyed Chrono Cross very much, it was a worthy sequel and the last Square RPG (well, maybe FF9) that I honestly enjoyed. As for them "meant to be a whole." That's a load of shit.

It's not the games that are to be played as a whole, it's the plot that HAS to be regarded as a whole to make sense, if you tried to understand all there is to the plot, you'd agree.

[quote author="dwarfkicker"]
Shut the Fuck up dude.  People are entitled to their opinons.  I thought Chrono Cross was entertaining but was inferior to Chrono Trigger.  I would list my reasons why I feel it's inferior but I don't feel like it at this point in time.  Maybe later. [/quote]

You defend him by telling me to shut the fuck up because people are entitled to their opinion when I state mine? That's a little bit iffy right there, buddy.

[quote author="Mr. Badguy"]
I never said either Chrono or Lucca were killed in Chrono Cross.
And tell me what are all these plot points and facts that make the game superior to CT?
And they are meant to be played as one game, what the fuck?
Where the hell did you get that?
You would think they would have at least some of the same characters and no, Guile isn't Magus and Glenn isn't Frog, so don't even pull that shit on me.[/quote]

And I never said that you said they died, but exactly THAT is the reason for many, many fanboys to dislike Chrono Cross, because they think they killed their oh so beloved CT characters, that's the main argument against CC that always pops up.
Show me exactly where I said that CC is superior to CT? Right, I didn't.
In my book, both, CC and CT are just as good, and I agree with Griffith, it's the last Square game I REALLY enjoyed, besides FF9, that's why I'm standing up for it. :p

I explained the "one game" fiasco earlier, the plot of CT and CC is supposed to be taken as a whole, like it's with every sequel, since it's a part of a series, is that hard to get?

Why would I pull the "Glenn is Frog and Guile is Magus" shit on you? It's a dumbassed rumor, made by fans who didn't exactly care enough to look at the facts and just held on to their hopes of seeing their favorite characters again.

While Guil, definetly was supposed to be Magus in the very early version, being derived from Radical Dreamer's Magil (who was Magus, without a doubt), Square dropped these plans rather soon, and just turned him into the generic black magic user cool dude character, he's nothing more than that. And Glenn being Frog is even more ridiculous.

The entire plot of CC depends on CT's happenings and continues these, just like a sequel does, thus the "They're one" comment, I hope that kills the misunderstanding here, and I hope we can continue this discussion without petty insults, that would be refreshing.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Korcas said:
It's not the games that are to be played as a whole, it's the plot that HAS to be regarded as a whole to make sense, if you tried to understand all there is to the plot, you'd agree.

Don't take that tone with me, young man. Don't tell me I don't get it or that I'd agree with you or not on any subject, like you know me. Just because I don't sit there and masturbate to Chrono Cross doesn't mean I don't get the plot, understand where it follows Chrono Trigger, as sequels usually do, or that I don't enjoy the game. You made a vague declaration that could be taken different ways. Under the context of comparing and contrasting the two games, it could be especially misunderstood. If you tried to express yourself clearly in the first place, these misunderstandings wouldn't happen.

Ugh, this dork shit makes me sick sometimes.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Korcas said:
My god, I hate Chrono Cross bashers. It's like you kiddos didn't realize any part of the story that actually took place and just chose to damn the game because "omg it killd crno and lukka!!!", psst, newsflash, it didn't kill any of them, and never mentioned to have done so.
Since you were quoting me when you said this, it lead me to believe you were directing that statement at me.

And fine, Chrono Cross did have bland characters fifty some-odd characters does not a good game make. It made for a great deal less focus on each individual characters. There were a select few characters I feel like I learned anything about.

And I didn't insult you anywhere, so if we could continue this conversation without lies, that would be refreshing...

P.S.(forgot you could be talking to other people) Unless you were talking to someone else, but I don't really see where anyone else insulted you...

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Mr. Badguy said:
Since you were quoting me when you said this, it lead me to believe you were directing that statement at me.

And fine, Chrono Cross did have bland characters fifty some-odd characters does not a good game make. It made for a great deal less focus on each individual characters. There were a select few characters I feel like I learned anything about.

And I didn't insult you anywhere, so if we could continue this conversation without lies, that would be refreshing...

P.S.(forgot you could be talking to other people) Unless you were talking to someone else, but I don't really see where anyone else insulted you...

I never said you did, dwarfkcker did. I thought that was pretty clear from what I quoted, sorry if it wasn't.

Personally, I think it's rather good, that even without any deep playable characters, CC can pursue a deep plot without depending on said characters, it was a refreshing change.

[quote author="Griffith No More!"]
Don't take that tone with me, young man. Don't tell me I don't get it or that I'd agree with you or not on any subject, like you know me. Just because I don't sit there and masturbate to Chrono Cross doesn't mean I don't get the plot, understand where it follows Chrono Trigger, as sequels usually do, or that I don't enjoy the game. You made a vague declaration that could be taken different ways. Under the context of comparing and contrasting the two games, it could be especially misunderstood. If you tried to express yourself clearly in the first place, these misunderstandings wouldn't happen.
Ugh, this dork shit makes me sick sometimes. [/quote]

I honestly don't see what your problem is, here, but damn, I won't even bother, I'm too old to deal with pointless flamewars because of a game.
I admit I expressed myself unclear about it, but, maybe, next time before jumping someone for it, how about asking what they meant, and if they explain it, not accusing them of looking down to you? That would be a nice change.

I really wish you wouldn't feel so offended about things I didn't even imply, or try to say.

Azn He-Man666

Korcas said:
Personally, I think it's rather good, that even without any deep playable characters, CC can pursue a deep plot without depending on said characters, it was a refreshing change.
Honestly, I like my RPG's character based with a good set of dynamic interesting characters. I guess thats what pushed me away from Chrono Cross.

Griffith

Korcas said:
I honestly don't see what your problem is, here, but damn, I won't even bother, I'm too old to deal with pointless flamewars because of a game.

Not too old to start the argument though I see, or to gush all over and defend said game like those who disagree with your opinion are morons. And now you're trying to ride away on your high horse? Not so fast...

Korcas said:
I admit I expressed myself unclear about it, but, maybe, next time before jumping someone for it, how about asking what they meant, and if they explain it, not accusing them of looking down to you? That would be a nice change.

Maybe you should have realized the problem was on your end in the first place? If you had expressed yourself clearly I would have said nothing. Then, you respond to me with your patronizing attitude. You're obviously at fault and still being condescendingly defensive; and then denying that. I find you most annoying for this and I don't mind saying so (ah, clarity).

Korcas said:
I really wish you wouldn't feel so offended about things I didn't even imply, or try to say.

You did imply it, it doesn't matter to me that you're oblivious. Hell, that's even worse; it's natural then.

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Not too old to start the argument though I see, or to gush all over and defend said game like those who disagree with your opinion are morons. And now you're trying to ride away on your high horse? Not so fast...

Maybe you should have realized the problem was on your end in the first place? If you had expressed yourself clearly I would have said nothing. Then, you respond to me with your patronizing attitude. You're obviously at fault and still being condescendingly defensive; and then denying that. I find you most annoying for this and I don't mind saying so (ah, clarity).

You did imply it, it doesn't matter to me that you're oblivious. Hell, that's even worse; it's natural then.

I never called the people who disagree with me morons, I called the reasons for hating the game, which I gave an example of, moronic. I never said anyone here had a mornic reason to hate it, because no one really GAVE a reason to dislike it to begin with, thus I was speaking GENERALLY.
Slowly I'm starting to think that you don't even WANT to see that.

I'm not on any high horse, sorry to disappoint you.

Besides, I did admit that I phrased it unclearly, if you think you're so much cooler than me for jumping me because I phrased something badly, go ahead, I'm not gonna stop you as long as it makes you happy. :D

Griffith

Korcas said:
I never called the people who disagree with me morons, I called the reasons for hating the game, which I gave an example of, moronic. I never said anyone here had a mornic reason to hate it, because no one really GAVE a reason to dislike it to begin with, thus I was speaking GENERALLY.
Slowly I'm starting to think that you don't even WANT to see that.

I'm not on any high horse, sorry to disappoint you.

Besides, I did admit that I phrased it unclearly, if you think you're so much cooler than me for jumping me because I phrased something badly, go ahead, I'm not gonna stop you as long as it makes you happy. :D

Thanks for proving my point about what an ass you are, and yes, I am cooler than you. 8)

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
And thanks to you for completely ignoring what I said, only so you're able to keep your accusations up, that's admirable.

Seriously, though, you act as if I'm at fault here, just because I didn't smack you bluntly in the face with my point, I seriously hoped this could have been settled in a friendly manner, but since you don't exactly care, that's fine too.

Whatever floats your boat.

Griffith

Korcas said:
And thanks to you for completely ignoring what I said, only so you're able to keep your accusations up, that's admirable.

I was returning the favor. You ignored or missconstrued what I said and then threw in some snappy remarks to close for lack of anything relevent to say. Okay, I guess I am the one at fault here: if you've been like this all your life, I guess my pointing it out isn't going to change you. If you respond, drop the fucking attitude, if possible.

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
*shrugs* I'm not the one going around calling people names here. I explained my points, all of them, you chose to ignore them, hell even ignoring that I apologized for having phrased things iffy, and yet you think continuing to rag on me would do anything good. It doesn't bug me, call me an ass all you want, you don't know me and you're judging me over one tiny post about Chrono Cross, if you want to continue doing that, I'm not going to stop you, I'm just feeling sorry for the others that this topic is being ruined by it.
How come you're trying to tell me to work on my attitude towards you when your's is getting steadily worse towards me anyway?

Griffith

Korcas said:
*shrugs* I'm not the one going around calling people names here. I explained my points, all of them, you chose to ignore them, hell even ignoring that I apologized for having phrased things iffy, and yet you think continuing to rag on me would do anything good. It doesn't bug me, call me an ass all you want, you don't know me and you're judging me over one tiny post about Chrono Cross, if you want to continue doing that, I'm not going to stop you, I'm just feeling sorry for the others that this topic is being ruined by it.
How come you're trying to tell me to work on my attitude towards you when your's is getting steadily worse towards me anyway?

Muu.

Anyway, I find you culpible of those same accusations. And I feel just as unsatisfied with your responses. My comments on your attitude aren't related to how you feel about me personally, but to the way you've been conducting yourself generally. It feels like you continue to argue while maintaining you are above the argument.

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
I'm not above the argument, I'm just tired of it, and I don't think it's neccessary, to be honest, I was quite surprised that you were offended about the things I said in the first place, when most of it was rather generally speaking, so yeah, I'm weary of it, and I don't think it really had to happen.

Griffith

Korcas said:
I'm not above the argument, I'm just tired of it, and I don't think it's neccessary, to be honest, I was quite surprised that you were offended about the things I said in the first place, when most of it was rather generally speaking, so yeah, I'm weary of it, and I don't think it really had to happen.

I'm weary as well, I apoligize for my attitude and my part in this.

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
As do I, I know I've been pretty abrassive in my first statement, while I really didn't mean any of it personally towards anyone, and I'm sorry for ticking you off with unclearly phrased lines, I'll try to be more straight to the point the next time around. ;)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Korcas said:
My god, I hate Chrono Cross bashers. It's like you kiddos didn't realize any part of the story that actually took place and just chose to damn the game because "omg it killd crno and lukka!!!", psst, newsflash, it didn't kill any of them, and never mentioned to have done so.

Besides that, the story is about the GAME itself, the ending just gives it a closing, the ending isn't the climax this time around, but it doesn't HAVE to be either.

All in all, if you look at the lot of plot points and facts, the only thing that could make Chrono Cross inferior to CT are the bland characters, but hell, FF7 was full of them and people still loved it. :p

Stop seeing the games as two single games, they're supposed to be a whole.

Actually I just think Chrono Cross could have been much more better and in my opinion it wasn't worth the time playing. I found Beyond The Beyond more enjoyable than CC

Azn He-Man666

Beyond the beyond was an awesome game, albeit alot older then CC.

Never hear people talking about it though.

I thought Chrono Cross pwned (not better than Chrono Trigger) in fact it's one of my favorite games and i'm not so easily impressed by games or anything

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Mejumi Nomiko said:
Beyond the beyond was an awesome game, albeit alot older then CC.

Never hear people talking about it though.

HAHAH I think me and you are the only 2 people on the planet who liked that game. But yea, the only time there was a game that hoad more then 50 people you play as and it was still a bad ass game was...

SUIKODEN!!!

The most underated game ever, that game was the fucking shit! And i cant wait to number 3! Even though i never played number 2! ;D

Looks like something really cool that won't ever happen. I'm not being a naysayer here, I'm just identifying its "too good to be true" status. ;)

First off, is this a joke, or is it for real? I'm leaning towards joke, even if unintentional. I mean, if it's real, will these clowns ever finish/release it? Oh, and what's SQUARE-SONY-EA-ENIX-NORTH CENTRAL POSITRONICS, LTD have to say about it?

"Cool, you dudes have our blessing! Go ahead and totally embarass our company by, literally, outdoing us at our own game! Hope you sell a lot of our copyrighted material, we don't want to make money off it anymore and are just happy to see our fans rewarding themselves. Where can we make a paypal donation?"

I notice anything officially having to do with SQUARE to be blatantly absent (though I didn't look hard), telling me more about where this project is headed than anything. By the way, speaking of paypal donations, look forward to seeing the option to make one pop up as the months go by and the word spreads to suckersSquare fans everywhere.

"Working on what will surely be an awesome product once completed sure is hard work, and not cheap either. ^_^ Please make a donation if you're interested in what we're doing.

The entire staff is sick/busy and can't work on the project for a few months, bare with us in the meantime. BTW, we've pushed back the projected release date again from 2007 to 2009, sorry guys."

I give them about a year and a half before they totally quit. That'll of course be after several delays, hiatases, oh, and thousands in donations before they finally say, "The CTR project is on permanant standby in my life. Got a new GF and college to deal with, sorry guys." or another sad and often used sentiment.

That is, if SQUARE doesn't destroy them first, "It's over, they're suing if we don't cease and desist immediately, sorry guys." Heh heh heh heh. 8)

Another message of hope brought to you by,

-Mr. Sunshine ;D
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Top Bottom