CnColors

I thought I already thanked you for this one but I missed out :isidro: The missus and myself loved it and it's been gracing our desktop for a while now, thanks!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I have been remiss not commenting in here, OMG, no shortage of fuckin' skillful and inspiring work. Makes me want to re-read your color essay... again... :ganishka:

WoW guy, what a WONDERFUL job !

I just read this thread from the first to the last page, you are a real artist :troll:

Paintings are fabulous ! Colors are so real, "Kiss" and the "Flora s tree" will be my desktop wallpaper for sure ! :guts:

I gonna read the recolor tutorial :)

Thank you for your Masterpieces

Nellie

I'm a fangirl =P
I must say that the editing and colouring of Guts in page 19 is my favourite.

Like your shadow/lighting skills!

Hope to see more of your works soon~ :)

I just read the entire thread, start to finish.

Your work has progressed at an unbelievable rate - I saved just about every one of your colorings, absolutely fan-fucking-tastic.

No one should miss this thread. I hope you make more as you have time!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I often wonder what ever happened to good old CNC. Does anyone know?

He's busy with other matters and/or taking a break from SK.net. Last time I talked to him he seemed to be doing well.

Bought a local sci-fi/fantasy magazine a couple days ago, guess what I found:

IMG_2314.jpg

By the way, I love CnC's works, they are so marvelous, too bad he's gone missing.

Wow, that is really something. Does the magazine go out of its way to credit him at all?

Konketsuji said:
Bought a local sci-fi/fantasy magazine a couple days ago, guess what I found:

By the way, I love CnC's works, they are so marvelous, too bad he's gone missing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Just shameful. What's the name of that magazine? Not that there's much we can do about it, but could you at least send them an email or a letter to let them know their theft did not go unnoticed? It would be nice of you.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What a bunch of fuckers. Of all official art assets they could have used, they chose to use fan-colored scans. Shameful and sad shit... :femto:

Is this some sort of Russian publication? Dirty commies.
What the hell does it say on the bottom of the stolen pic? "Dance demons..."
That's balls.
Makes me wonder what else we haven't seen. :???:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Sheesh! That's just nuts. I think I'd be shocked out of my pants if I ever found something I'd done published without my consent. Take it as a compliment I guess, Ha-ha. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people would pull something like this.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
What a bunch of assholes. Like Aazealh said, they have a wealth of other art they could have used instead of stealing from the fan community. Makes you wonder if they asked Miura and Hakusensha, or the anime production company, for permission.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Makes you wonder if they asked Miura and Hakusensha, or the anime production company, for permission.

Good one. :ganishka:

But the difference is that using official artwork to illustrate an article about the manga is understandable and permitted to some extent in most countries as long as you give due credit. Using a third party's work without crediting them however is not cool.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
But the difference is that using official artwork to illustrate an article about the manga is understandable and permitted to some extent in most countries as long as you give due credit. Using a third party's work without crediting them however is not cool.

True. I can't read Russian, so I suppose there might be copyright information at the bottom of the page. That's more along the lines of what I meant, not that they'd email Miura directly. :iva:

Aazealh said:
Just shameful. What's the name of that magazine? Not that there's much we can do about it, but could you at least send them an email or a letter to let them know their theft did not go unnoticed? It would be nice of you.
It's called World of Fiction (Мир Фантастики), I can send them an e-mail, but I doubt they give a fuck about it. :sad: First thing I'll try is to ask about copyrights on their forum.

Proj2501 said:
Is this some sort of Russian publication? Dirty commies.
Nice, really mature. :azan:

Proj2501 said:
What the hell does it say on the bottom of the stolen pic? "Dance demons..."
"Even demons kneel before Griffith"

Aphasia said:
Sheesh! That's just nuts. I think I'd be shocked out of my pants if I ever found something I'd done published without my consent. Take it as a compliment I guess, Ha-ha. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people would pull something like this.
Me to, I guess, but I would definitely made them pay by sending a bunch of angry e-mails for not putting my name on it. :guts:

They replied to my comment, they said they're sorry and wanted to know the name of the author, what should I tell them? CnC? :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
They replied to my comment, they said they're sorry and wanted to know the name of the author, what should I tell them? CnC? :serpico:

Matt Browning.

I've been noticing a lot of this guy's color edits going around various social media sites. Most of the links in this thread don't seem to work anymore. Is there any current website that Matt Browning/CnC uses that people could credit/link towards him?

Top Bottom