David Carradine dies at 72

I will admit that it's sort of depressing that some of the last stuff he did was as Mr. Yellowbook, even if those ads were slightly amusing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
According to his ex-wife, he was a sexual deviant who engaged in dangerous sex-acts

What a shocking revelation.

NightCrawler said:
And now he's been killed while trying to get himself off. In a land where every sexual kink can be catered for, for less than 50 bucks. The cheapskate decided to rub one out for free, and died.

Why pay a whore to strangle you when you can do it yourself? He'd probably been doing that for many many years. Even when having sex with his wives/girlfriends. There's just no real logic to what you're saying. "Ohhh what a cheapskate!!" Yeah right. :schierke:

NightCrawler said:
And you wonder why i think it's appropriate to laugh?

I never did, personally. It just goes along with the rest of your personality. But I also don't think this half-assed try to justify your reaction is very convincing.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
NightCrawler said:
According to his ex-wife, he was a sexual deviant who engaged in dangerous sex-acts, and was involved in a consensual incestuous relationship (evidence points to his daughter, Calista).

Is there actual evidence? Because, that's some atrocious slander right there. :azan:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Is there actual evidence? Because, that's some atrocious slander right there. :azan:

If you believe his ex-wife... And there was (allegedly) an old mag that had naked pictures of Calista, taken by Carradine :schnoz:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This is a good time to remind everyone not to invite NightCrawler to speak at any wedding or funeral you might be organizing.

With all the love displays for NightCrawler I'm wondering if we'll ever see more of CrawlNighter. Funny guy that one.

NightCrawler

Don't unleash the beast. :schnoz:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die"

Griffith

David Carradine killed by ninjas?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06072009/news/regionalnews/whacky_kung_fu_172948.htm

As the headline above indicates, this is of course being understandably received like a bad joke:

http://deadspin.com/5283564/ninjas-responsible-for-the-death-of-david-carradine

http://www.dlisted.com/node/32414

If it turned out to be true though, I think we can all agree that would be a much cooler and more fitting way to have gone out.

NightCrawler

宮本 グリフィス said:
David Carradine killed by ninjas?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06072009/news/regionalnews/whacky_kung_fu_172948.htm

As the headline above indicates, this is of course being understandably received like a bad joke:

http://deadspin.com/5283564/ninjas-responsible-for-the-death-of-david-carradine

http://www.dlisted.com/node/32414

If it turned out to be true though, I think we can all agree that would be a much cooler and more fitting way to have gone out.

I just read that too. Awesome! :ganishka:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Things have taken an interesting turn, that's for sure. I thought the surprises would stop with the autoerotic asphyxiation accusations, but this has gone to a whole new level...

宮本 グリフィス said:

Well yeah, killed by ninjas > death via kinky sex act. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
It never ends! Carradine's death not a suicide!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=414026&gt1=28103

Well it was already pretty much considered an unfortunate accident and not a suicide.

Hey, it puts to rest all the "He hung himself" arguments. There was actually a lot of belief out there still that that's all it was. Plus it's proof positive that someone out there is responsible. I just wonder if people will bother trying to pursue the issue or drop it.

The reason why I say it's proof positive is that I take it to mean when they claim that his death couldn't have been suicide, that it was impossible for him to have died by his own actions alone. That means that someone else was involved, and even if he gave permission for choking or whatever, SOMEONE still did it. Accident or no accident, that still makes someone responsible. Sure, Carradine probably shares some of the responsibility for putting himself in that situation in the first place, but at least one other person probably is as well.

If a wife chokes her husband to death during foreplay, I'm pretty sure she's still going to go up for manslaughter.

Griffith

I wouldn't call testimony by a person hired by his family specifically to coroberate their version of events "proof positive" of anything. We'll see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
The reason why I say it's proof positive is that I take it to mean when they claim that his death couldn't have been suicide, that it was impossible for him to have died by his own actions alone. That means that someone else was involved, and even if he gave permission for choking or whatever, SOMEONE still did it.

I don't know about that. Suicide means suicide. I wouldn't read more than that into it at this point. And the family's statement remains very prudent anyway. Now, of course they're trying to say there was an elaborate conspiracy to kill him and all that, but does that sound very likely to you? Good luck to them on proving that one.

Yeah... I highly doubt it was the work of ninjas such as posted earlier, more likely an accident as stated. I just wonder how far they're going to take this whole thing is all.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
If you look back at past deaths related to AEA (Autoerotic Asphyxiation) society seems to find the locker-room humor acceptable and the family will have to deal with perpetual mockery. So I'd hazard to guess that they would spend a significant amount of time and money in order to put enough doubt in people's minds that this is how he went out. Also, if you can drum up some kind of weird faux ninja based conspiracy mystery then they might get movie and book deals and sell T-shirts and stuff, Whereas if he just let his game get out of hand, his legacy is shot for many.

Personally, I can think of a ton of worse ways to go out. Slipping into unconsciousness in a moment of Bliss is pretty high on the ways I'd chose to go before: dying in a retirement home at 94 after having to have an orderly wipe your butt for 6 years, or terminal cancer, or getting beat to death in a parking lot for your social security check, etc.

Cest La Vie, he lived a long productive, interesting life, and I'll still get a chuckle out of the Superman monologue at the end of Kill Bill every time I watch it.

Top Bottom