Deep Questions...Deeper Answers

666 = the mark of the beast.
and so, 6 x 6 x 6 = 216. A strange parallel. But not necessarily one that has anything to do with the plot, just an interesting play on numbers. Miuras a damned smart guy.

There's something else... ^^

216 years = 12 Saros cycles

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hehe I didnt get it at first either. I had to do some reasearch. It can be best explained here : http://home.t-online.de/home/Dr.Strickling/saros.htm

But if youre too lazy, a Saros cycle is the mathematical pattern of eclipses (in our world, not Berserks  ;) )

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
hehe I didnt get it at first either. I had to do some reasearch. It can be best explained here : http://home.t-online.de/home/Dr.Strickling/saros.htm

But if youre too lazy, a Saros cycle is the mathematical pattern of eclipses (in our world, not Berserks ?) )

i knew that but.....OH SH*T... ;D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
On the subject of solar eclipses, the end times in revelation begin with a number of strange occurances, including, you guessed it, a solar eclipse.

"I looked when he opened the sixth seal, and behold, there wasa great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood."

In case you wanted to know, the first, second, third, and forth seals each hold one of the four horsemen (some call them the four horsemen of hte apocalypse, but that's a semi-inacurate title). The 5th seal held "the souls of those who had been slain for the world of God..."

I don't really see any signifigance to Berserk in that, so I didn't quote it.

P

paradiselost

...and since Miura use the number 3 so many times with characters...

(Farneze + Serpico + Azan)
(Gattsu + Caska + the demon bby)
(Gattsu + Caska + Pakk)

...think about the speculations about "The Legend"...

...look at the images...triangles...

(Tower + Sword/Gatts + God Hands)
(Idea + SK + Griffis, made by the triangle of before, Tower, Sword and God Hands)
(Boid + Demon Baby + Hawks Soldiers)

I'm sure that in these relations of triangles and of the number 3 we can find the solution...

...let's go working on it, guys!

;)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
something about triangles

the number 3, is an integral part of story telling, and mythology. At least in American culture.

It's also a number that has major biblical signifigance.

I seriously doubt you said anything that wasn't painfully obvious to everyone here, and even then. It's a pretty shoddy arguement.

edit: I was right when I said it was probably obvious, entrigga himself commented on it (even called it the "rule of three", that should let you know something rifght there).

P

paradiselost

...guy, look at the relation about those characters, don't stop you on the number 3...

...get out your fantasy...ok?

;)

others are:

(Mozgus + 2 gemini)
(3 servants of Mozgus against Gattsu)
(3 monsters - thieves against Gattsu before to go against Roshinu)
(Jerome + Luca + Nina)

...but it's so full, that you cannot have idea, boys...

;)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
...guy, look at the relation about those characters, don't stop you on the number 3...

...get out your fantasy...ok?

;)

others are:

(Mozgus + 2 gemini)
(3 servants of Mozgus against Gattsu)
(3 monsters - thieves against Gattsu before to go against Roshinu)
(Jerome + Luca + Nina)

...but it's so full, that you cannot have idea, boys...

;)

That....... made..........no..........sense............

P

paradiselost

...it's full of sense, instead...

...try to analize relations between pople into the "3" groups...

...there is the secret...is into the number 3, of course, but is into relations between elements of the number 3 too...

...use your fantasy...

;)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
...it's full of sense, instead...

...It's full gramatical errors, indeed....

...try to analize relations between pople into the "3" groups...

...there is the secret...is into the number 3, of course, but is into relations between elements of the number 3 too...

I am more then aware of this. As I stated, that was OBVIOUS, and certainly not any new information. Apparently your "perfect english", didn't pick up on that.

...use your fantasy...

What does a lesbian barbaque party have to do with Berserk?

>:|

Okay, I'll be serious for a moment, and state what's actualy wrong with your post.

"...It's full of sense, instead..."

The statement is gramaticly incorrect, and it's also very poorly worded. In this state, it is not able to be understood, at all.

Something like:

"Actualy, it makes perfect sense"

Might be close to what you're TRYING (and failing, I might add) to say.

"...try to analize relations between pople into the "3" groups..."

This isn't TERRIBLY impossible to understand, but it's certainly worded poorly. Something like:

"Try to analize the occurances of the number 3, when regarding groups of (significant) characters"

"...there is the secret...is into the number 3, of course, but is into relations between elements of the number 3 too..."

I wont bother trying to fix this one, because the fact is, I've stated now, twice, that it is OBVIOUS, not a secret. If you do not understand the definition of the word OBVIOUS I will state it, word for word, out of an English dictionary.

"...use your fantasy..."

"Use your imagination".

Fantasy, and imagination, are drasticly different in context, though their definitions may be somewhat similar.

Get it right.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well, I'm off studyin grammar.
The Book of Revelations by John, as I said, can be the inspiration for many,many mangas. I truly appreciate your effort, wereallmad(and I hope you don't correct me as you have done with plost, as my english is faaar from perfect) in revealing these facts, yet consider the possibility of an inconsistency with the apocalypse in Miura's work. Many things might concide with the holy texts, but I believe Miura used only some of the stories as a possible source of inspiration. He probably mixed the best parts of many mythologies. By the way, I just finished reading the first half of voulme 21. I think it sucks when you wait for something big to happen and bungholes like mutamozgus interfere. Thank god Gatsu mashed his cohones. He he. The artwork just keeps on getting better.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Was that sarcasm? In case it's not:

I wouldn't criticize your English. First off, I can understand everything you say.

Second of all, I haven't seen you insisting that your english is perfect. Even if were to brag about your language skills, I wouldn't hold it against you, but paradise is PRACTICALY insinuating that his english is better then everyone else's here. Since English is my first language, and I can barely understand a word the guy says, then I must take his statements to be an attack on my intelegence over all.

That and he's kind of a dick.

Back onto hte subject of revalations. There most certainly will be discrepancies between miura's work, and revalations.

But I have found quite a few similarities, which is what I'm focusing on primarily, the similarities, rather than the discrepancies.

So far, i'm not sure if I've found any flat-out contradictions. But there are some events that seem rather reversed (occultation).

I still have A LOT to read though, before I post any more. And I'm feeling somewhat lazy. But I'll get around to it.

And yes, I would say that hte biblical armegeddon is a very popular source of inspiration for, not just manga, but for stories, books, songs, movies, tv shows. Frankly it's a pretty popular story. Perhaps because it's simply so horrendous.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Hey man, I wouldn't use sarcasm..I'd use a baseball bat! ;)

Anyway, I think paradise has some problems with english, but then again all italians do. And that's a fact, really. I live near Italy, and every single italian seems to have a genetic incapability to pronounce and speak english. But they don't mean anything bad, as neither paradise does. I can understand him better because I speak italian "perfectly" ;D than my own language. all the emnity that he attracted is only due to really BAD communication. Even when he said he has perfect english, translated from italian it doesn't sound so arrogant.
I'm not on his side or anything, I'm just trying to explain why does everyone dislike his posts. Sure, at moments he does sound "dicky", but that's more a reaction...

P

paradiselost

...well, thank you very much 'cause you are gentle, dear Wthite_Hawk...

...but, the point is not that...

...Wereallmad, you are only a piece of shXXX (I'm educated, not a kind of beast like you are), but not an intelligent one, but a stupid one, 'cause for your answers...

...instead to try to understand relations between the "3 groups" I wrote you, you are only trying to be offensive...and here it's clear there is any kind of democracy, 'cause you can offend me, but I can't offend you...ahahha...

...however, for your information, and for information of all the others...

...I really have a very good English...I'm not joking...

...I was been many one translator for meeting here in Italy of Minister of Treasur, and for 2 G8 meeting too...all the people here say that I have a very good english, then the point is:

1) or about you all are not able to write in a good english

2) or about 3/4 milions of italians, canadians, English people, french people, Japaneses and PEOPLE FROM USA who heard me at all these conventions are much more idiots than you 4 (I mean, Wereallmad, Cronus, Griffith and Oliver) are...

...I believe that the answer it's clear like the morning sun...

;)

...Wereallmad, if you want to go well in your life, ty to be more polite, and try to learn to say "I'm in wrong", could be positive for your future, dear friend...

...however, I don't want to go out of the topic, so...

...anyone is able to undersstand relations about those elements I wrote you before?

;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
...Wereallmad, you are only a piece of shXXX (I'm educated, not a kind of beast like you are), but not an intelligent one, but a stupid one, 'cause for your answers...
backoff paradise...
...instead to try to understand relations between the "3 groups" I wrote you, you are only trying to be offensive...
Actually, in the beginning of his response, he smacked it down, and then trounced you. So  he DID talk about the subject. Just rather briefly and to the point.
and here it's clear there is any kind of democracy, 'cause you can offend me, but I can't offend you...ahahha...
Actually, democracy is a "rule by the people, for the people." Im affraid you are outnumbered here. Try not to be so offensive.
1) or about you all are not able to write in a good english
You are blatantly wrong, 'instead'.

...I believe that the answer it's clear like the morning sun...
Me too.

...Wereallmad, if you want to go well in your life, ty to be more polite, and try to learn to say "I'm in wrong", could be positive for your future, dear friend...
Wait, hold on a moment. HE should be more polite? Correct me if Im wrong but didnt you JUST say: "...Wereallmad, you are only a piece of shXXX (I'm educated, not a kind of beast like you are), but not an intelligent one, but a stupid one"

I mean I could be WAY off here...But is there an Italian word for BLATANT HYPOCRITE?

...anyone is able to undersstand relations about those elements I wrote you before?
I understand them, I just dont see their relevance.

Stop this. All of you.

P

paradiselost

...ok, I'll stop as you ask me Walter, hope Wereallmad 'll do the same...but, please, try to be gentle you too with me, and not ofensive like before...ok?

;)

...so, you don't see the relevance of the elements?

...well, if you look well, each element is linked to others in a special way, with a strong relation...

...they all are linked, in a kind of circle of communication between the elements...

...if you studied a little bit about communications matter, you should know for sure the theory of "2 step flows communication" ...

...do you know this theory?

;)

think about it, guys...

...so, you don't see the relevance of the elements?
...well, if you look well, each element is linked to others in a special way, with a strong relation...

And if you look well, there isn't any kind of "strong relation" between Casca and Puck, between Nina and Jerome, between some of Mozgus' disciples specifically (there are 6 of them, and they don't form specific "triangles")...
So your posts about "trinities"/"triangles" are for the most part pointless.

Sure there are some "triangles" in Berserk. But:
1) there are other kinds of links between the characters as well, and lots of them
2) you could find "triangles" like that in about every work of fiction

P

paradiselost

...you seem to be not very much in attention about triangles of the manga, Oliver...

...for instance, look better at the relation between the disciples of Mozgus...there is a strong relation, let me see if you reach to find it...

...and, for Luca, Nina and Jerome...there is a relation, as there is one between Caska and Puck (and Gutts)...

...why, instead to say that there is no relation in these triangles, don't you give a reason about what you say?

...look better into the composition of the triangles...

;)

P

paradiselost

....sorry, but you are wrong, 'cause you don't give me elements to deny what I say about my triangles...

;)

...or, give me the elements, Oliver...

8)

Top Bottom