Did Guts' armour suddenly change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that Guts' armour changed a little somewhere between vol.17 and 20 (i think, but 15-22 is right in any case). Namely, in older volumes, (for example, when he was fighting those fake elves) he had only leather between his knees and groin, and in vol.22 (example: when he comes back to Godo's place with Casca), he has IRON greaves (or whatever they're called) up to his groin? Did his armour change at some point, without me noticing, or is it only my imagination?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Guts' armor and arsenal get a upgraded in vol.17 when he visits Godo's again. Specific changes are:

- new repeating crossbow
- slimmer cannon arm
- new shoulder thingees
- sticky bombs
- new... shinguard... and leg... thingees
- DS got tempered and sharpened

PS: Feel free to correct me on my "terminology"

phantasmo said:
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that Guts' armour changed a little somewhere between vol.17 and 20 (i think, but 15-22 is right in any case). Namely, in older volumes, (for example, when he was fighting those fake elves) he had only leather between his knees and groin, and in vol.22 (example: when he comes back to Godo's place with Casca), he has IRON greaves (or whatever they're called) up to his groin? Did his armour change at some point, without me noticing, or is it only my imagination?

Did you just decide to completely skip that volume?

Walter said:
- new repeating crossbow
- slimmer cannon arm
- new shoulder thingees
- sticky bombs
- new... shinguard... and leg... thingees
- DS got tempered and sharpened

PS: Feel free to correct me on my "terminology"

I'm sure thats exaclty what Godo would of called them "thingees" lol

There must be something wrong with my memory/perception/attension  when I didn't notice (or remember) any of it.... Well, I'll try not to make the same mistake again... Sorry for bothering you and...well...thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom