Duke Nukem Forever...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Stadium and the Subway level were the best for Dukematch, in my memory. Stadium was just nonstop chaotic action with 8 players.

Hotel Hell, Red Light District, Spin Cycle, Movie Set, Subway, Duke Burger and Shop N Bag were my favorite Dukematch maps.
Spin Cycle was my favorite.. Spamming RPG's while on steroids running on the conveyor belt. :guts:

Walter said:
Stadium was just nonstop chaotic action with 8 players.

Stadium was too cheap.. everyone would just use the pistol, because of its extreme auto-aim and there was literally no place to hide.
But I definetely agree with Subway, that stage had the most Squish msg's at one time. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
also, from shacknews: wtf?!?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50527

*slaps forehead and lowers head*
Not ... really.... Duke related at all. But jesus christ, UGH!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm glad you posted it so I didn't have to. Yeah, the validity of the commentary aside (not much I can say I disagreed with upon viewing the trailer myself =), just the still of Duke alone was scary, I didn't notice how awful he really looked until I saw that. Bring back the old Duke trailer, please.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
just the still of Duke alone was scary, I didn't notice how awful he really looked until I saw that. Bring back the old Duke trailer, please.

Well actually, I did notice myself, and the same Bart Simpson comment came to my mind. His head is like a cylinder with some hair texture on the upper part. And yeah, man, how I miss the 2001 trailer... I think I'm going to go watch it on YouTube now. :judo:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I wouldn't want the more hardcore Duke fans we have around here to get angry over it, but I found this "analysis" pretty funny. :guts:

haha. I liked, "Guess they already used up all the good lines from They Live and the Evil Dead series, huh? Coming up with original material can be hard"

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
And yeah, man, how I miss the 2001 trailer... I think I'm going to go watch it on YouTube now. :judo:

It looks pretty far along too, so its such a shame. Maybe that version will make an appearance with the final game if/when its finally released?

he's got BALLS OF STEEL.

And...nah sorry I'm running dry. That close up of Duke's model and Aazealh's "bart" reference have scarred me deeply. Fuck.

This has been out for quite a while now, but since I don't check the 3d realms website very often, I completely missed it.
Yet another extra small picture to tease us with.

Your thoughts on the Cycloid Emperor? (might become a normal alien in DNF like the battlelord did.)

Imo it looks pretty good, something you can crap your pants to if you play the game with headphones. (I know I wouldn't be comfortable being that close to it) also I like the way his left clamp is out of focus.. I hope it's a sign of how they're gonna handle things moving torwards the player in game. However I'm not too thrilled about the ceiling or the texture of his skin on his legs and shoulder.

Well I never like to double post but apparently there might be something interesting on the horizon.
Joe Siegler of 3DR posted this today:

"Word on the street has it that long-time game industry vet, Jason Hall, has a new episodic show debuting on Xbox Live and Crackle.com on June 4th, and the first episode reveals his recent undercover visit to 3D Realms. There's a surprise in this story, but you'll have to watch the show to see it.

The Jace Hall Show episodes will be weekly recurring, each about five minutes long. Most people remember that Jace Hall was a founder and CEO of Monolith Studios (Blood, Tron, No One Lives Forever, Condemed, F.E.A.R.), and then became head of Warner Bros. Interactive Studios division for several years. Hall is still on the Warner lot with his own company HDFILMS, and is now producing feature films, full scale television shows and online internet programming.

We expect an announcement very soon to confirm the June 4th launch date rumors.

The first episode also has been rumored to contain one of the stars of NBC’s hit series “Heroes.”

This show may have landed the greatest scoop of all time in the history of gaming… We shall see!"

This little clip is taken directly from Jace Halls website. It's obviously not Jon's voice.
http://www.jacehallshow.com/images/media/news_videos/DNF.WAV

Might be big or it might be a let down. I think watching the show will be worth a few minutes of my time. :guts:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52955

According to Shacknews it may be a trailer.

Nevermind George says that there isn't even a trailer that they could show.

It's not a release date or a trailer.
Hopefully it's gameplay footage. However the most likely case is that it's just some semi-boring info. If it's as bad as shacks' "forklift's are in" I won't be too thrilled.

HOLY MOTHER F#CKER
http://crackle.com/c/Jace_Hall/Jace_Hall_Ep_1_DUKE_NUKEM_FOREVER_SNEAK_PEEK_/2298717#ml=fu%3d2403009%26fx%3d

Theres gameplay footage in there and it looks awesome.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I fucking hate that guy from Heroes. Oh yeah, and the footage was predictably underwhelming.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I fucking hate that guy from Heroes.

It goes beyond the show for me; I've actually come to despise the actor as an individual.

Walter said:
Oh yeah, and the footage was predictably underwhelming.

Looks alright I guess. No different from any other current big productions. Not that much was shown...

Aazealh said:
Looks alright I guess. No different from any other current big productions. Not that much was shown...

Everyone was surprised that there was footage at all.
I liked the footage because now I know what to expect. However this footage was 6 months old and George B has confirmed that many things have changed. It's just too bad Jace only got footage of the Hoover Dam stage. Nothing but concrete and dimly lit hallways. Apparently there are supposed to be some vast outdoor levels, Vegas style.

Jace as a gamer did state that as a Duke game, it will deliver. Best to take anything he says with a grain of salt but if he says it's worth the wait, I won't pass judgement till I play it myself or see gameplay of the final version.
One thing I'm really looking forward to is the Battle Lords. That pig cop was pretty tough. One smack sent bricks flying. So I can only imagine what the battle lords, cycloid emperor and whatever other big aliens will be like.

Also I'm not too thrilled about the glowing rings on the devastator. I preferred the duke 3d version that cooled off when it stopped firing. It looks a bit too round for my tastes. The shrinker looked strange in the footage but when I made a screenshot of it. It actually looked pretty cool. The ripper on the other hand was kinda flat, I hope that handle on the left will be a bit further on the screen, so the gun doesn't look like just 3 barrels on the screen.

One thing people were really annoyed with was the ego points that popped up on screen. however George has also confirmed that was only there for the developers.

So far I think it looks good, somethings will have to be tweaked but George has confirmed that as well. They're about to do another polish phase.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Not sure how I feel about that. Some people have mentioned it before, but since the game is actually starting to look tangible... It's almost like... this game SHOULDN'T come out. Gaming lore has it that the only constant one can rely on in the gaming industry is that Duke Nukem Forever will forever be in development. They have been making this game for around half my life, things would just never be the same.

That, and judging by those clips it looks incredibly average. They should quit while they still have some sort of mythical/legendary status instead of being a disappointment that no one even cares about anymore. Here's hoping I'm wrong though :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
Not sure how I feel about that. Some people have mentioned it before, but since the game is actually starting to look tangible... It's almost like... this game SHOULDN'T come out. Gaming lore has it that the only constant one can rely on in the gaming industry is that Duke Nukem Forever will forever be in development. They have been making this game for around half my life, things would just never be the same.

That, and judging by those clips it looks incredibly average. They should quit while they still have some sort of mythical/legendary status instead of being a disappointment that no one even cares about anymore. Here's hoping I'm wrong though :troll:
I think if days before the game were published, 3DRealms entire studio suddenly vanished, Duke Nukem Forever's legacy would remain intact. Barring that... poor Duke is screwed.

Scorpio said:
They should quit while they still have some sort of mythical/legendary status instead of being a disappointment that no one even cares about anymore. Here's hoping I'm wrong though :troll:

Well I wouldn't call DNF a game that no one cares about. The moment they mentioned that jace may have landed a scoop on DNF, his site exploded. The article got 2 million views in under 24 hours. Thats just not normal. Even if Duke only turns out to be an average game, which I doubt, it would still remain legendary. The game development length won't just suddenly disappear.

Well he's just muscular as compared to the stereotypical gamer of his era. Plus he beat scott miller in an arm wrestling match. That may be the only reason we even got a glimpse at DNF. :ganishka:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36746.html

Best thing to come out of E3 this year. I'm..... speechless.

Top Bottom