E3 2006

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Twilight Princess was probably ready months ago, but having it launch alongside the Wii was likely just too tempting for Nintendo. :guts:

Well I heard they really did some serious tweaking when it was first delayed, however the latest delay (from April to November I believe?) was clearly so it'd launch alongside the Wii. Unrelated but IGN confirmed that a sequel to Trauma Center (popular NDS game) would be available at launch on Wii.

Anyway here's a link to the first trailer of C&C: Tiberium Wars for those interested, it's short but pretty cool: http://www.gamershell.com/download_13877.shtml

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Walter said:
Twilight Princess was probably ready months ago, but having it launch alongside the Wii was likely just too tempting for Nintendo.  :guts:

I imagine that you're right, since last I heard about development related delays was just that the environment details were being tweaked and some of the levels expanded.  I don't think those issues would cause the game to be delayed for so long.  But it makes sense that Nintendo would hold off on the release until the Wii came out that way they could release both systems' versions of Twilight Princess together.

Still, despite liking the fact that Nintendo is taking their time with the project and putting in the extra effort to make it great, it's still kind of frustrating that the game has been delayed for so long.  It probably would've been better for them not to have announced the games' release so soon until they had a better grasp of time of when it would hit store shelves. 

Ah well, suppose it won't kill me to wait until November since I've already waited this long.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Anyway here's a link to the first trailer of C&C: Tiberium Wars for those interested, it's short but pretty cool: http://www.gamershell.com/download_13877.shtml

Meh. I tire of most prerendered game trailers, however I did like Hellgate:London's trailer.

But even that falls short of the excitement I felt when watching the low-res demo of supreme commander..

Has anyone seen the gears of war footage? While the graphics look good, technically. Am I alone in the thinking that all the colors in it wash together to the point where its kinda tricky telling whats going on?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Has anyone seen the gears of war footage? While the graphics look good, technically. Am I alone in the thinking that all the colors in it wash together to the point where its kinda tricky telling whats going on?

I saw it and while I see what you mean I thought it was Ok. Have you seen the Metal Slug 3D trailer though? Because that is really unimpressive. Here's the link. Anyway, SNK recently announced that they'd concentrate themselves on the Wii from now on since their 2D projects have been repeatedly rejected by SCEA (not enough trendy graphics), and that the Wii was perfect for these same projects. I can understand that seeing the result of this Metal Slug for PS2...

On a different note, Kaz Hirai told Bloomberg that the PS3 would launch with 15 or so titles. That sort of reminds me of the PS2's launch line-up (the number)... No details on what these games will be yet though.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
On a different note, Kaz Hirai told Bloomberg that the PS3 would launch with 15 or so titles. That sort of reminds me of the PS2's launch line-up... No details on what these games will be yet though.

Everyone keeps buzzing about the assassins game thats coming out (possibly at launch). Its made by the same people who did Prince of Persia, sands of time so thats enough for me to think its going to be good. However its not gonna make me shell out 600+ bucks for the system

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Everyone keeps buzzing about the assassins game thats coming out (possibly at launch).

Assassin's Creed? Yeah it looks neat, but I've seen slated for 2007, so not at launch.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Assassin's Creed? Yeah it looks neat, but I've seen slated for 2007, so not at launch.

either way its still the only thing I can see coming out for the ps3 that I could like atm.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Walter said:
Twilight Princess was probably ready months ago, but having it launch alongside the Wii was likely just too tempting for Nintendo.  :guts:
I heard the source code got stolen :carcus:

Top Bottom