E3 2006

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
Never really got into the fallout series, but I like that poster...

Then you're in good shape because posters is all they seem to be producing. On that note, I added the Fallout 3 poster from last year's E3.

fallout30.jpg

E3 2005​

I must say though, they've made some progress with the new poster over this more basic one. =)

And here's an exciting recent interview (from 2 years ago) detailing everything you'd want to know about the development of Fallout 3:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/529744p2.html

To summarize: "Too early. Too early... Too early!"

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
dwarfkicker said:
Damn Capcom :puck:  No Devil May Cry 4.  I'm so disappointed  :judo:

That sucks, although I did hear that Capcom was planning to release Devil May Cry 4 for the PS3.  So maybe they just didn't have anything available to show at this year's E3, but that'd be a shame if they decided not to make the game after all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Raziel said:
that'd be a shame if they decided not to make the game after all.

Don't worry, DMC3 was a success so there's no way in hell they won't make it. It's Capcom man, king of sequels and spin-offs.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Aazealh said:
Don't worry, DMC3 was a success so there's no way in hell they won't make it. It's Capcom man, king of sequels and spin-offs.
Yea!!! Wheres my Megaman 9/10, Megaman X 9, Megaman Zero 5, and Megaman Legends 3?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
Yea!!! Wheres my Megaman 9/10, Megaman X 9, Megaman Zero 5, and Megaman Legends 3?
Capcom announced MegaMan ZX for the DS XD

It'll never end...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Walter said:
Capcom announced MegaMan ZX for the DS XD

It'll never end...
In the year is 23XX... or something probably. 
Saw that, not sure what to think of it yet.  I'm not sure where this game will go. I've been makeing a point of playing my way through all of the "main arc" games in my free time this last semester... got from MM1-MMX8. Can't seem to get anywhere in Megaman&Bass.

The various suits that your human character equips look like they're based on MMZ characters.  Not just the same style, specific characters. 

It'd be nice if they just threw out some games to tie up their semi-coherent plots in their various eras. 

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:

Coming this fall! Devil May Cry Soccer, Devil May Cry Xtreme Devil Racing, and Devil May Cry Dante Sudoku Challenge!

Griffith

Good for Capcom, maybe they're finally going to stop making these junko games over and over again. You want Devil May Cry 4? Play the first one four times.

Actually, I don't have anything against DMC, I just wanted to use the word "junko."

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Also, check this nice console prices chart out. It features relative prices, taking inflation into consideration.

Thanks for that link Aaz! So, the PS3 is the most expensive console in the last 10 years? Its only half the price of Neo Geo! Why dosen't Grif make a pic of a little Samurai Showdown or Metal Slug character with a gun in their mouth and leave old man Snake and the good ol' PS3 alone? :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Thanks for that link Aaz! So, the PS3 is the most expensive console in the last 10 years? Its only half the price of Neo Geo! Why dosen't Grif make a pic of a little Samurai Showdown or Metal Slug character with a gun in their mouth and leave old man Snake and the good ol' PS3 alone? :guts:
Yeah, but how many people do you know that owned the cartridge version of the Neo-Geo? Like Sony will encounter, SNK's high prices made their market very, VERY slim.

I bought a Neo-Geo CD years after it came out, for about $200. It had shit load times (1x CD-ROM XD), but at least had the Geo's arcade-quality graphics. The Wii will purportedly have several SNK franchises available on their Virtual Console. Using its multiplayer feature, perhaps I'll finally be able to play Griff in Baseball Stars 2. Who will be left standing?
:void: :griff:

Griffith

Walter said:
Yeah, but how many people do you know that owned the cartridge version of the Neo-Geo?  Like Sony will encounter, SNK's high prices made their market very, VERY slim.

To be fair, SNK also wasn't dominating the market with a built in following when they released their golden goose egg. =)

Walter said:
The Wii will purportedly have several SNK franchises available on their Virtual Console.  Using its multiplayer feature, perhaps I'll finally be able to play Griff in Baseball Stars 2.  Who will be left standing?
:void: :griff:

ballstars2hitparade.jpg

BRING IT!​

And don't let the 20 runs by the Monsters fool you, those were garbage time giveaways to make it interesting. :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Gamespot.com interviewed a Blizzard exec about the upcoming Warcraft movie, here's the link to their article.

Well, kudos to Gamespot for askin' some good questions (or at least the ones that needed to be asked). But it looks like theres really nothing to report about the Warcraft movie except "That its going to be great". Fans will love it, non fans will love it. All the right people are working on it. Its everything anyone could ever want in a mo..... *BLUAAAARGH*

...sorry couldn't finish without regurgitating...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
Yeah, but how many people do you know that owned the cartridge version of the Neo-Geo?  Like Sony will encounter, SNK's high prices made their market very, VERY slim.

I understand that, but the point of saying what I said was the hope that Grif would make me a picture. A cute little picture of Samurai Showdown, Metal Slug, Baseball Stars, and Magician Lord characters all with guns in their mouths. Am I the only one who would find that sickingly cute? :schierke:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
CnC said:
Well, kudos to Gamespot for askin' some good questions (or at least the ones that needed to be asked). But it looks like theres really nothing to report about the Warcraft movie except "That its going to be great". Fans will love it, non fans will love it. All the right people are working on it. Its everything anyone could ever want in a mo..... *BLUAAAARGH*

...sorry couldn't finish without regurgitating...
I got a few words for you.. MOTHER FUCKING SPACE PALADINS :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
So, the PS3 is the most expensive console in the last 10 years? Its only half the price of Neo Geo!

More than half actually, since we're not counting the nerfed version (at least I'm not).

CnC said:
But it looks like theres really nothing to report about the Warcraft movie except "That its going to be great".

Hahaha yeah, it's going to be grrrrrrreat. :schierke: Ah well, I guess it's a trend nowadays, hopefully we won't ever see a Castlevania, Zelda or Metroid movie (now that would be ugly). To think all of these are serious projects sends chills down my spine.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Hahaha yeah, it's going to be grrrrrrreat. :schierke: Ah well, I guess it's a trend nowadays, hopefully we won't ever see a Castlevania, Zelda or Metroid movie (now that would be ugly). To think all of these are serious projects sends chills down my spine.

I know this may be a little out of place, but any word on that Predator "Remake"? :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I know this may be a little out of place, but any word on that Predator "Remake"? :troll:

I had actually forgotten about that horror. Damn you man. Anyway I hope it's dead, no news is good news.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Aazealh said:

Honestly that's what scares me sometimes. XD

handsome rakshas said:
Coming this fall! Devil May Cry Soccer, Devil May Cry Xtreme Devil Racing, and Devil May Cry Dante Sudoku Challenge!

That being a good example of why. 

But other than that, I'm getting pretty tired of waiting for the next Zelda game which I preordered over a year ago back when they first said the game was coming out last March.  Honestly, the delays on this game are going beyond ridiculous.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Raziel said:
But other than that, I'm getting pretty tired of waiting for the next Zelda game which I preordered over a year ago back when they first said the game was coming out last March. Honestly, the delays on this game are going beyond ridiculous.

Well, your wait is almost over now, it's coming out in November and for good this time. But yeah, while I didn't care about it until recently, it's really been long since they first announced it.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
While I agree the constant delays are rather frustrating, I would much rather have to wait a little longer then be given a half-assed game. Honestly, I am happy that Nintendo is taking the extra time to get the game just how they want to release it and aren't releasing it prematurely when it's not quite ready. I can definitely wait a little longer. :guts:

Doesn't mean I haven't been looking forward to it, though. I preordered it awhile ago as well.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
While I agree the constant delays are rather frustrating, I would much rather have to wait a little longer then be given a half-assed game. Honestly, I am happy that Nintendo is taking the extra time to get the game just how they want to release it and aren't releasing it prematurely when it's not quite ready. I can definitely wait a little longer. :guts:
Twilight Princess was probably ready months ago, but having it launch alongside the Wii was likely just too tempting for Nintendo. :guts:

Top Bottom