Episode 225

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re:Chapter 225

Guil Malalanus said:
What if the armour has Chameleon colour ? It would be good for evrybody ^^​
Does Guts seem like a stealthy person to you? Someone mentioned this before. Guts and camouflaging armour just wouldn't seem right. Nor would "mood armour". Things like change colour with moods is better suited for 14-year-old girl accesories :p

Wereallmad said:
Something like what Olivier speculated (prophesized?) that Perhaps Skully or Zoddo may die, seems like a little bit more valid a speculation, despite how consequential it may be.
Er... I don't _think_ one of them will die yet.
But I do believe we're getting used to the good old Skully/Zoddo fights... Let's keep in mind that eventually, one of these fights will also be the last one. ^^;

(by the way, are we really supposed to believe that Casca and Farnese won't have anything to do with the current events? ^^; )

Griffith said:
Officially, his body is green (behelit colored, interestingly enough =)
Since when is green "the" regular Beherit color? ^^;
and his cape is dark red. Those are the colorings of the Art Of War statue and there's a picture of him on the inside cover of volume 18 that matches the statue. Now, I don't know if AOR goes by the existing images, or if they are consulted directly by Miura. The only bone of contention is that on volume 10 Skully appears more yellow/bone color, and this is supported by his lack of color in the manga.
There's also the Dreamcast game, right?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Olivier Hague said:
(by the way, are we really supposed to believe that Casca and Farnese won't have anything to do with the current events? ^^; )

Smith already called that one, they've probably been kidnapped by monsters 5 times by now. ;)
I wonder how BERSERKER RAGE ARMOR Guts would react to Casca at the wrong moment?

Olivier Hague said:
Since when is green "the" regular Beherit color? ^^;

Doh! Hagued again! I can't believe I let the green/red behelit propaganga get to me. I used to be real good about keeping the idea in my head they could be many colors, back in the old Apostle Guide days (nobody else mention that).

Olivier Hague said:
There's also the Dreamcast game, right?

As far as Miura is concerned, no. =)

Notice Guts didn't have any idea the Apostles were following Griffith or why? He even asked Zoddo again (well, maybe Guts is just stupid).

-Griffith

P.S. Oh yeah, can you clear up this silly armor color issue? :)

Guil Malalanus said:
What if the armour has Chameleon colour ? It would be good for evrybody ^^
Guil

Why dun u say the armor can bend light and be invisible? Then everyone can keep their lips sealed! :-X

Wereallmad said:
And, for the guy complaining that Guts' sword is down before being bit by that one apostle, not everything on the same page happens at once, dude. Obviously Guts had changed position in the space of time between the panels in question, and considering how fast he's swinging his sword, that space of time doesn't have to be very long.

U hav a good point wereallmad, but it is really weird on page 19 by finding logical explanation on how he slashed the monster into half! Was he flipping over the monster with the view shown from above,cutting the monster in the process or was it was just vertically slashing it from behind? Or Gutz was so powerful that we cannot make out his move? :-\

Btw, I discovered that the armor and Gutz had seem to fuse into one whole new body, that may even seem to explain y he is using both hands even he had left 1! All those other stuff such as crossbow, cannon, throwing daggers,etc. shouldnt be necessary given his present strenght! The armor may even have changed his character, i felt that Gutz was now far more eriee, darker, but importantly cool 8)

P.S: Speculation, speculation... Cannot really think of something better to do, there is still a long time waiting for the next chapter... (especially 227, maybe it would be a month :()

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Smith said:
Speculation, speculation... Cannot really think of something better to do, there is still a long time waiting for the next chapter... (especially 227, maybe it would be a month :()​
I think by the time 226 arrives, we'll have enough to talk about until 227 comes out. You never know, he might include 227 as part of the volume. It is a major volume when you consider how much as happened.

Griffith said:
As far as Miura is concerned, no. =)
We're talking about colors, not plot. ^^;
Notice Guts didn't have any idea the Apostles were following Griffith or why?
Er... Yeah, so? ^^;
In the game, Zoddo wanted to recruit an Apostle for Griffith, and Guts asked him if Griffith intended to build an army of monsters... but that's all. Zoddo didn't answer.
So, yeah, they're Apostles, they're in armor, but that's doesn't necessarily mean that they're Griffith's soldiers. ^^;
can you clear up this silly armor color issue? :)
How am I supposed to do that? ^^;

The new color for Gutz armour is pink ;D

Anyways, on a serious note, I said it wasnt black bcuz i thought it was too shiny to be black. But now that I looked back at vol14 and 17, his old black armour is just as shiny...... So I guess it could be black.

"And, in the place wherethis armor is not black, end of "black guts" was felt."

The speculation regarding the color of Gut's new "skull armor" came directly from our friend at the babbling fish.

So take it for what you will.

Uriel said:
[/center]
I think by the time 226 arrives, we'll have enough to talk about until 227 comes out. You never know, he might include 227 as part of the volume. It is a major volume when you consider how much as happened.

Not really, ever since vol 22, all the following volume had only include 10 chapters. If it can still contain 11 chapters, vol 25 should also include 217 since the situation is more tense and it can create more anxiety when the volume end.

I believe that 227 should be one month after 226 since it has been 5 chapters since his last break!

P.S Did anyone know that y the chapters of volume 4 isnt include?

O

Ozmo

Not that I'm trying to be the ungratefull whiner who hasn't given anything to this place that I'm going to be accused for asking this, but... anybody intrested in translating the entire chapter for the rest of us? ;D

U hav a good point wereallmad, but it is really weird on page 19 by finding logical explanation on how he slashed the monster into half! Was he flipping over the monster with the view shown from above,cutting the monster in the process or was it was just vertically slashing it from behind? Or Gutz was so powerful that we cannot make out his move?

If you notice, before Guts was bitten, he had his arms down, and his sword forward. At the time of being bitten, his arms were not down anymore. They were straight up, and with them his sword in the monster's neck. He had already stabbed as it bit him. He simply finished the job on the panels that followed. :p

And I've said it before, I'll say it again. Compare the armor with ANYONE else's armor in any recent volumes, then compare it to Guts' previous armor in any recent volumes. You'll notice that both armors have shading/texturing that NO OTHER ARMORS HAVE. Aside from his previous armor, this current armor is unique in comparison to all other armor in its darkness, shading, and reflectiveness.

The only reason why it may appear lighter than the previous armor is either it's a very dark color, like red/green etc, or that it's still black, but a few lines a spared here and there since the armor is more intricate and the sense of the overall shape or separation (like the breastplate not being the usual smooth curve that normal breastplates have) of some of the armor pieces would be diminished or lost.

It's still overall darker than other armors. It still bottoms out at black. It still has less white highlight area compared to other armor. And it still shares the techniques used for shading/reflection used on Gut's previous armor. So if anything, it might not be black, but it's still pretty damn dark.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

This is black.

blackarmor.jpg

This is not black.

18.jpg

but it's all a matter of opinion anyway.

G

Genn21

:D , i dont get the big deal if the armor's black or not. I mean if gut's armor is glowing fuckin pink , will it change the plot or offend anything except extreme homosexual apostles ? This is kinda rediculous and i know im the jerk party here when i say this but... HOW CAN YOU TELL THE COLOR OF ARMOR FROM A BLACK & WHITE PICTURE ???.

Btw hague when you say... one of skullknight and zoddos fights may be there last. Are you inclining that there both going to destroy eachother or just.. one or the other ? I would like some clarrification on this.

well genn there is obviously going to be a last fight between them, whether we see it or not.

and in that fight one of them may die, or both perhaps, maybe just maybe neither one will die in there last fight (they die while not fighting each other)

i dont think anyone here can say how it will be

oh and just to add my fuel to the armor fire, i think its either a dark grey (pewter) like i imagine the DS to be, or its black.
but we wont know till we see a cover or a statue
and just for arguements sake, hatching and cross-hatching dont always signify color or tone

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Genn21 said:
:D , i dont get the big deal if the armor's black or not.

Because it would make very little sense at this point for Guts to change his olor scheme.

Olivier Hague said:
Er... I don't _think_ one of them will die yet.
But I do believe we're getting used to the good old Skully/Zoddo fights... Let's keep in mind that eventually, one of these fights will also be the last one. ^^;

Also notice that this one is a little more heated. Zoddo has shredded Sk's sheild, something which I don't think has happened before.

Since when is green "the" regular Beherit color?

technically there has only been one green beherit so far, and originally miura had painted it as yellow, with dark spots

^^;There's also the Dreamcast game, right?

Wasn't he pale green in the DC version?

typhonblue said:
This is black.

blackarmor.jpg

Yes, and it's also dull and pitted iron. This armor is like an old fasion iron stove in color, texture, and specularity.

typhonblue said:
This is not black.

18.jpg

But it still LOOKS just as black, it's just black AND shiny. Just check out Guts' new armor in vol 17 when it's brand new and shiny. It looks exactly the same

Just think about it. How would you draw a piece of iron and a piece of obsidian side by side in Miura's style. I really don't think this requires much thought, and I don't think anyone would have even suggested the armor wasn't black if it weren't for that guy's page. I think you're just suffering from the placebo effect as far as I'm concered.

krebs4life said:
and just for arguements sake, hatching and cross-hatching dont always signify color or tone

No, but it usually does signify specularity

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

it is not possible guess what a color is from a black and white page (red for example when fotocopied in bw appears to be black )
Until we will see a page in colors, we can think that the armor is the same color of most medieval armor, that is metallic grey

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Well, hopefully, it will be the centerpiece of the volume 26 cover. HAGUE! see to it that that happens.

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

sKuLlLoRd_fEmt0 said:
If you knew me, I'd wear a fuckin' mask so I couldn't be recognized too.

You have courage, I would use the armor, but not it helmet, it is very sinistry, but I believe that it must have its importance! I find that Grunbeld will not go to finish the fight and as zodd made certain time, them will meet later!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Thank God this is over. You did a bad thing, Saiki, you should have said you were only guessing. You know how obsessed this board is with simple things like colors. =)

roberto999 said:
it is not possible guess what a color is from a black and white page (red for example when fotocopied in bw appears to be black )Until we will see a page in colors, we can think that the armor is the same color of most medieval armor, that is metallic grey

A very wise and conservative approach, indeed. But, I, considering Guts has been the Black Swordsman since the prototype. That his new armor shares many of the same traits with the old; almost identical shoulder guards, similar cloak, everything looks really cool. Anyway, the overall design seems sort of like the ultimate Black Swordsman armor if you will; so why would Miura give it all that trademark Black Swordsman style and then decide to color it magenta or something? So, I will continue to think the armor is metallic black, as is most probable, until I know otherwise. ;)

-Griffith

P.S. Didn't want to mention this above because it's just a silly little thought, but if you look at the design of the plate on his thighs, it’s similar to the leather padding he wore during the Lost Children arc. ;D

God, I love that wacky Miura.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Or how about the shoulder armor being almost identical, a mere exageration, of the last armor? Yes, it is similar to the previoust Black Swordsman armors. We'll just have to see... Next chapter or so should have some color pages... right?

Top Bottom