Episode 232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Olivier Hague said:
"Kanishka". "Ganishka" is the name of the fictional character.
I was doing the parallel by purpose, but anyway... ^^ Moreover, I think it could be quite the same the both since G and K are eventually the same letter, if you think about it. Kanishka could very well be called Ganishka in others references...
Guil
ps : I'll use K-for history and G-for berserk if you prefer, tho :)

IgnusDei said:
xech,

volume 18, chapter 6, page 107.

"In this tower a wiseman was imprisoned by Gaideric the conqueror. They say that in the midst of all kinds of torture he continued to implore god to punish the crimes of the kind, until finally some angels appeared"

One can assume that that wiseman was none other than a pre-godhand Void. Of course, i don't really know that.

though it is still fun to speculate, no?
Shit,
I don't have my BERSERK mangas over here at my parents and forgot that.
So Godhands and their activities have been recycling with time.
Hmmm, what happens when one incarnates on earth, if this is the case?
I mean for how long would he wish to be on earth? To grow old or something, to death?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
xechnao said:
I mean for how long would an incarnated Godhand wish to be on earth? Till he dies of old age if this is the case or something else?

I thought they technically couldn't 'die' before Griffith was reborn and the different dimensions/worlds began to overlap.

And Kanishka sounds suspiciously like the Hindu elephant god Ganesha.

LG

Interesting. Their armor certainly appears to be samurai in origin.

LG

xechnao said:
Hmmm, I don't remember this Holy See reference in general and it's writtings. Was it sput out when the Holy Chain was giving the hunt at Black Swordsman?

The Holy See actually refers to the Pope in the Catholic Church according to Opus Dei. I think the Holy See in Berserk is some kind of prophecy writing, you know, like the Bible.

LG

QuEEn kimchan said:
I don't know for sure. It's possible that if she too had that dream, she didn't understand it pertained to Albion (Charlotte doesn't seem to be the smartest person according to most in the court). The Kushan are a possibility too, since (if the translation I have is accurate) they invaded Midland around Volume 17, which is also when the dream occured.

Also, after reading over the volume 17 summary in the FAQ, apparently Raban does know that Griffith had been imprisoned and that he was rescued. This was when he was traveling through the plague infested village:

"We should have been rebuilding the economy, and strengthening our nation after a war...But we spent all of our budget on finding a criminal. The king's eyes then, they were a Madmans."

"There is only one man who is the symbol of the Hawk. There is only one man in all of Midland."

I remember somewhere though I'll have to find it...that the Holy See was mentioned as the source that also spoke about this Savior of Midland.

So Raban then assumes it's the old Griffith who's come back, and naturally he's completely unaware, as just about everyone is other than Guts and co, that Griffith came back as Femto, then reborn through Caska's fetus as Griffith MH.

LG

Olivier Hague said:
We don't know that.
Ok, but what about Griffith? Do you think he grows old with age or not? Or maybe answer first, do you think he wants to remain on earth and for how long or return to the other world?

P.S. Where was the holy see mentioned again?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
Xech: Typical astral overlords and the like usually never age. However, the godhand aren't so powerful as to be able to manifest themselves in the physical world at will, and therefore posess Material Avatars. These, if i recall , have a tendency to decay and die despite (or because of) whatever incredible power lie within them.

SexyCharlotte

When we last saw them weren't they floating in the qlipoth section of the astral realm with no bodies/forms? Slann had to use the troll body parts to become visible and 'in the flesh' when she fought Guts. I don't think GH even age. But that's IMHO.

LG

IgnusDei said:
Xech: Typical astral overlords and the like usually never age. However, the godhand aren't so powerful as to be able to manifest themselves in the physical world at will, and therefore posess Material Avatars. These, if i recall , have a tendency to decay and die despite (or because of) whatever incredible power lie within them.

To take this line of thought a bit further... it is odd that Griffith v2 is constantly in the physical world, and his "avatar" is a lot more stable than lets say Slan's. ;) Femto seemed to be bound by the same brief appearances in the physical world (if i am remembering past issues correctly), unlike the new Griffith.

I recall there being some specialness to Griffith's behelit, or the fact that he completed the number of the godhand, or the timing of his ascension in the place in the spiral of causality (perhaps someone can clarify this, I'm due for a re-read) that marks him from the other godhand. However this isn't quite enough in my eyes to see his defying of the nature of Godhand appearing in the physical world. He seems almost like a cross between an Apostle and a Godhand.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Lady Griffith said:
I think the Holy See in Berserk is some kind of prophecy writing, you know, like the Bible.

The Holy See is just the Vatican. They have some kind of prophecy, but I don't think they've given it a specific title.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Olivier Hague said:
In our world, anyway. I doubt they have a "Vatican hill" in the world of "Berserk". ^_^;

I heard the Vatican mentioned before, but as usual, probably a bad translation. ^^;

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
It's safe to assume that there IS a headquarter in the miuraverse for the local monotheist faith, though it may not be called the vatican.

IgnusDei said:
It's safe to assume that there IS a headquarter in the miuraverse for the local monotheist faith
No need to make any assumption, we've already seen that place in volume 22 (and 17 or 18?).

Aquedesin said:
Wasn't it the holy city where 2nd occultation took place?
No, that was just a monastery.

SexyCharlotte

kimchan said:
The Holy See is just the Vatican. They have some kind of prophecy, but I don't think they've given it a specific title.

I thought Farnese was the one who said that the Holy See was a book of some sort. She said " It was mentioned in the Holy See..." some kind of prophecy concerning the White Hawk.

LG

SexyCharlotte

Guil-BANNED! said:
Wow. This is a great thing. Unbelievible, Nagarjuna was in the court of Ganishka ? I knew he was a great indian monk from 3rd century AC, but I really didnt know anything of the conflicts between chinese, sassanides, indians and all... The site may explain why/how the berserk kushans are here.

There's also a strange thing. What religion are they ? Zoroastrian, Hindou, Buddhist ? There're all very different so it is strange, but I understand Ganishka must have been influenced by Zoroastriaism as to developp concepts as God and Devil, manicheism stuff mainly findable in monotheistic religions.
Guil

I wrote before that the Kushans reminded me a lot of the Ottoman Turks and also somewhat of the Moghuls, the group of Muslims who swept into India at one point in history.
LG

SexyCharlotte

PsychoJavexx said:
No...!

Actually, I've never really understood the Godhand/Gaiseric connections, except that Skullknight doesn't like Void. I'm assuming that Gaiseric is Skullknight, and that the "angels" are Godhand. But if they were Godhand, then what happened to them?

I don't think the angels were Godhand, if you're talking about the four who destroyed Gaiseric's empire. The angels were the kings of wind, water, fire, and earth.

LG

SexyCharlotte

Olivier Hague said:
What? ^^;
The Holy See in the Catholic Church of today, as written about in OpusDei, is the Pope. In the Berserk World, the Holy See either is the Vatican ( a stand in for the Catholic Church obviously, as when Shierke explains that at one time, pagan religions practiced freely in the Berserk realm...until the 'Vatican' deemed them heresy, much like in real life history) or a book of prophecy, like the Bible.

LG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom