Episode 232

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Olivier Hague said:
In our world, anyway. I doubt they have a "Vatican hill" in the world of "Berserk". ^_^;

Have you forgotten that Shierke mentioned the actual word Vatican when she spoke of how the old pagan religions were deemed as heresy by the
'Vatican' and were no longer practiced except by a few originals such as Flora? ( in volume 23-24) In that one scene, there are old pagan reminders of the former temples and stone monuments, similiar to Stonehenge and our own worldly 'pre Christian' monuments. Shierke is talking about how the Vatican in its quest for 'one faith' over the land pretty much wiped out and or persecuted those who practiced the old pagan faiths, which worshipped nature.

LG

Lady Griffith said:
I thought Farnese was the one who said that the Holy See was a book of some sort. She said " It was mentioned in the Holy See..."
No, she didn't.
And why the hell woud something called "the Holy See" be a book? ^^;
Lady Griffith said:
Have you forgotten that Shierke mentioned the actual word Vatican
No, she didn't.

Locus

personal text....
The Hawks translated it to "Vatican" in their scanlations (both dealing with Farnese and Shierke) for whatever reason.

If that isn't a good translation for it, what is a decent one Olivier?

P

PsychoJavexx

Lady Griffith said:
I don't think the angels were Godhand, if you're talking about the four who destroyed Gaiseric's empire. The angels were the kings of wind, water, fire, and earth.

LG

Really!? lol I thought it was an older God Hand or something. Are you sure that it was the elemental guys, or whatever?

Locus said:
Like said, there's no "Vatican hill" in the universe of Berserk. It 's just "the Holy See".
As for the text, I'd have to check, but it's called "the Revelations" or something fairly similar. An apocalyptical text, anyway.

PsychoJavexx said:
I thought it was an older God Hand or something. Are you sure that it was the elemental guys, or whatever?
No, there's no way to tell for sure.

SexyCharlotte

Olivier Hague said:
No, she didn't.
And why the hell woud something called "the Holy See" be a book? ^^;No, she didn't.

Yes she did. Go and look in the volume ( I believe it's 23 or 24, I'll go and find the specific page) where she's explaining about how the Vatican persecuted those people who followed the old pagan ways. Why the hell do you think the witch had to live in the woods?

The Holy See, the Holy Bible...why isn't it possible for something called the Holy See to be a written document?

Damn Olivier...you know, it's not important for you to be right about everything all the time. Just because someone else might have more knowledge than you about certain specific areas about Berserk or even about history in general, you get really insecure about that. I'm actually glad in some ways Walter and Griffith aren't around...that way I don't have to kiss your ass.

SexyCharlotte

Olivier Hague said:
No, she didn't.
And why the hell woud something called "the Holy See" be a book? ^^;No, she didn't.

Farnese was definitely the one who, in addition to Shierke, mentioned the Vatican and the Holy See. She's the one who was the leader of those knights who were under the orders of the Vatican itself, remember?

SexyCharlotte

Olivier Hague said:
Like said, there's no "Vatican hill" in the universe of Berserk. It 's just "the Holy See".
As for the text, I'd have to check, but it's called "the Revelations" or something fairly similar. An apocalyptical text, anyway.No, there's no way to tell for sure.

The apocalpyse and the mention of the White Hawk were mentioned in this 'Holy See'.

The Vatican itself was mentioned by both Farnese and Shierke. Shierke especially. Unless the translations I have on hand are either inaccurate or bad, you're wrong, Hague-o buddy.

LG

SexyCharlotte

Olivier Hague said:
As for the text, I'd have to check, but it's called "the Revelations" or something fairly similar. An apocalyptical text, anyway.No, there's no way to tell for sure.

Who else would have the power to destroy the empire other than those elemental kings? Use your common sense. There was no Godhand at the time.

LG

SexyCharlotte

PsychoJavexx said:
Really!? lol I thought it was an older God Hand or something. Are you sure that it was the elemental guys, or whatever?

What older Godhand could there be? Didn't it all start with Void, who was the 'minister' in the torture chamber that, at the time his torture was being administered, called down the 'four kings' ? What Godhand even existed at that time? Void was still human, we can speculate Slann was as well, before she too made her sacrifice. Conrad and Ubik hardly seem like the 'kings' Void would call down. Besides it was said there were FOUR angels/kings he called down. I can't imagine who else would have the destructive powers to level Gaiseric's empire other than the elementals.

LG

SexyCharlotte

Locus said:
The Hawks translated it to "Vatican" in their scanlations (both dealing with Farnese and Shierke) for whatever reason.

I also saw that...that was the translation that I was using when I was talking about the Vatican. What other way could that be MIStranslated? It's Olivier's arrogance and condescending attitude here that I am really sick of. It isn't like there other other members here who know just as much, if not more so, than him.

Just take a look at how long that argument went on regarding the release of volume 26. Here I have a friend over in Japan who personally knows the AOW owners as well as Kentaro Miura himself, and Olivier's trying to tell me 'it's not possible' that the volume was released ahead of time. Okay, maybe it wasn't released officially, but my friend had obtained several copies long before the 'official release' date. And Olivier didn't say " Oh, I was wrong, " or " Oh okay, that's possible..." he had to make an affirmation of " Well according to the publisher...blah blah blah."

( Sorry Locus, didn't mean to get off track here) Let's get real. There are members here who have privy to information Olivier might not. He wouldn't admit that in a million years though.

LG

R

Radzeke

Lady Griffith said:
I'm actually glad in some ways Walter and Griffith aren't around...that way I don't have to kiss your ass.

HOLY GOD ARE YOU WRONG!

B IS FOR THE BAD TRANSLATIONS YOUR PROMOTING! A IS FOR ATTIUTUDE YOUR SHOWING! N IS FOR NOT LISTENING TO THE HAGUE! N IS FOR NOT SHUTTING UP YOU HAG! E IS FOR ENDING UP ALL UPPITY AND DEFENSIVE! AND D IS FOR GOD-DAMMIT, SEXTEPPLPOSTING!?!

PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER, THEY SPELL

banned.gif

OKAY, I JUST HAD TO GET THAT OUT OF MY SYSTEM! NO BANNING TODAY! BUT ARE YOU OKAY? GOT ALL THAT OLIVIER-ANGST OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM YET? OR DO YOU NEED A FEW MORE UPPITY-DEFENSIVE POSTS TO MAKE THE POINT THAT YOU ARE IN FACT A WOMAN? JESUS!!! STOP POSTING FOR CHRISTSSAKES! IT’S EMBARASSING!! YOU JUST KEEP DIGGING THE HOLE DEEPER! I PERSONALLY CAN’T WAIT FOR THE HAGUE TO SLAM DUNK YOU ON THIS, BUT LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU ANYWAY:

OLIVIER:
ghost.gif
Olivier Hague said:
No, she didn't.
And why the hell woud something called "the Holy See" be a book? ^^;

No, she didn't.

YUO:
ghost.gif

Lady Griffith said:
I also saw that...that was the translation that I was using when I was talking about the Vatican. What other way could that be MIStranslated? It's Olivier's arrogance and condescending attitude here that I am really sick of. It isn't like there other other members here who know just as much, if not more so, than him.

Just take a look at how long that argument went on regarding the release of volume 26. Here I have a friend over in Japan who personally knows the AOW owners as well as Kentaro Miura himself, and Olivier's trying to tell me 'it's not possible' that the volume was released ahead of time. Okay, maybe it wasn't released officially, but my friend had obtained several copies long before the 'official release' date. And Olivier didn't say " Oh, I was wrong, " or " Oh okay, that's possible..." he had to make an affirmation of " Well according to the publisher...blah blah blah."

( Sorry Locus, didn't mean to get off track here) Let's get real. There are members here who have privy to information Olivier might not. He wouldn't admit that in a million years though.

LG

What older Godhand could there be? Didn't it all start with Void, who was the 'minister' in the torture chamber that, at the time his torture was being administered, called down the 'four kings' ? What Godhand even existed at that time? Void was still human, we can speculate Slann was as well, before she too made her sacrifice. Conrad and Ubik hardly seem like the 'kings' Void would call down. Besides it was said there were FOUR angels/kings he called down. I can't imagine who else would have the destructive powers to level Gaiseric's empire other than the elementals.

Who else would have the power to destroy the empire other than those elemental kings? Use your common sense. There was no Godhand at the time.

LG

The apocalpyse and the mention of the White Hawk were mentioned in this 'Holy See'.

The Vatican itself was mentioned by both Farnese and Shierke. Shierke especially. Unless the translations I have on hand are either inaccurate or bad, you're wrong, Hague-o buddy.

LG

Farnese was definitely the one who, in addition to Shierke, mentioned the Vatican and the Holy See. She's the one who was the leader of those knights who were under the orders of the Vatican itself, remember?

Yes she did. Go and look in the volume ( I believe it's 23 or 24, I'll go and find the specific page) where she's explaining about how the Vatican persecuted those people who followed the old pagan ways. Why the hell do you think the witch had to live in the woods?

The Holy See, the Holy Bible...why isn't it possible for something called the Holy See to be a written document?

Damn Olivier...you know, it's not important for you to be right about everything all the time. Just because someone else might have more knowledge than you about certain specific areas about Berserk or even about history in general, you get really insecure about that. I'm actually glad in some ways Walter and Griffith aren't around...that way I don't have to kiss your ass.

YEAH, OLIVIER SEEMS TO BE THE REAL INSECURE ONE ABOUT ALL THIS! HAHAHA!!!!22!21 OLILVIER READS JAPANESE! YOU HAVE SOME CHEESEDICK TRANSLATIONS YOU’VE JUST PINNED YOUR EGO TO BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING PERSONAL AGAINST OUR BERSERK GURU.MY QUESTION; HOW DO YOU THINK THIS WILL THIS END WELL FOR YOU? OH, AND YOU SHOULD KISS OLIVIERS ASS BECAUSE HE’S GOING TO KICK YOURS, AND YOU’VE MADE IT A PREETY BIG TARGET! HAHAHAHAHA!!! THIS IS BETTER THAN MY STORIES ON CHANNEL 7!!!!11!! BTW, IT’S CALLED THE “MODIFY” BUTTON AND ITS OUR FRIEND!

SKuLL LoRD ------)----@
ghost.gif

Locus

personal text....
SKuLL LoRD_GRiFfiTH_LoST: JESUS MAN, kill that font and the avater. :|

Lady Griffith: The Hawks aren't really known for there great translations, espically with the earlier volumes. So, they could've been mistaken (or just too lazy to find the real meaning).

Nonetheless, pointless to argue. I rarely post here or at the BSOM's BBS way back when, but the Hague knows his shit. If he's arguing about something in Berserk, he's going to be right 99.9%.

Damn, wish Griffith, Walter, and Wereallmad (wtf, where'd he go?) were still here regularly. Their posts were good stuff.

I'll quit kissing ass now ;D

- Locus

Lady Griffith said:
Yes she did.
No, she didn't.
she's explaining about how the Vatican persecuted those people who followed the old pagan ways.
She's talking about the Holy See ("Hôôchô"). Not "the Vatican". For the nth time, there's no "Vatican Hill" in the universe of "Berserk".
why isn't it possible for something called the Holy See to be a written document?
1) It's not.
2) http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Holy%20See
Lady Griffith said:
The apocalpyse and the mention of the White Hawk
The "Hawk/Falcon of Darkness". "The White Hawk" is how people call Griffith.
were mentioned in this 'Holy See'.
Again, the Holy See isn't a book.
Unless the translations I have on hand are either inaccurate or bad, you're wrong, Hague-o buddy.
Well, I guess I'm right, then.
Lady Griffith said:
Who else would have the power to destroy the empire other than those elemental kings?
Let's not jump to conclusions. We know next to nothing about what happened a thousand years ago.
Lady Griffith said:
Didn't it all start with Void
We don't know that.
who was the 'minister' in the torture chamber that
It wasn't a "minister", and nobody said that was Void.
Lady Griffith said:
Void was still human, we can speculate Slann was as well, before she too made her sacrifice. Conrad and Ubik hardly seem like the 'kings' Void would call down.
Are you saying that they were all living as human beings at the same time? ^_^;
it was said there were FOUR angels/kings he called down.
1) It doesn't say anything about "kings".
2) It just says that the wiseman made angels appear.
3) In that story about angels destroying Gaiseric's city (mentioned in volume 10), we don't know if there were four or five angels.
And, of course, we don't know how much of all that actually happened.
I can't imagine who else would have the destructive powers to level Gaiseric's empire other than the elementals.
And when we didn't know about these four guys yet, we couldn't imagine who else would have that power, other than God Hands...
Lady Griffith said:
Okay, maybe it wasn't released officially
It's not a "release", then, is it?
You said that volume 26 would be "released in two weeks in Japan". It wasn't true.
You said "I suppose the OFFICIAL release date is mid-December". The official release date was December 19. It's been said many times. And what makes it "official" is that it's stated by the publisher (obviously).

Lady Griffith said:

YOU HAVE LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND.

Hague, rock on Brotha, rock on!

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
well, "vatican" may actually not be an accurate translation, and is perhaps completely erroneous (it's the #hawks, after all ::) ) ...but if accurate to the degree of referring to farneze's hometown, it actually sums up what the city is pretty well.

R

Radzeke

SEE WHERE OLIVIER-ENVY GETS YOU AROUND HERE?!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!2

SKuLL LoRD ------)----@
ghost.gif

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
i didn't say that vatican was a good name, but a good description...but beh, it's not worth discussing this any further, is it?

IgnusDei said:
i didn't say that vatican was a good name, but a good description...
Well, the Holy See is also a good description. And at least, it's a description that makes sense.
Calling "Berserk"'s Holy See "the Vatican" is like calling the department of defense of some fictional country "the Pentagon" eventhough there's nothing "pentagonal" about it.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
[me=IgnusDei]googles "holy see"[/me]

[me=IgnusDei]realizes what a moron he is.[/me]

so "see" is also a noun. Well, you learn new stuff every day.

...Have i been Hagued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom