Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

C'mon, where's the love?
I'm still reelin' off the high this movie gave me. You know, emotionally or something less sappy sounding.
I'm assuming everyone knows what it's about, if not, here's the quick summary:

"It's about a relationship between Joel (Carrey) and Clementine (Winslet: sexy personified). For some reason, Clementine wants to erase Joel from her memory and he decides to do the same. So, we go through his memories until the end."

It's really weird at the beginning but if you stick with it there's an amazing payoff. It's written by Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, etc), so that's a given, and it's directed by Michel Gondry (the guy who directed "Fell in Love with a Girl" among others).
I really can't say enough about this movie. It's a shame that more people haven't seen it, it's honestly (personally) the best movie of the year thus far. It's incredibly poignant. And at one point near the end I got the shivers.
It's great, everyone do yourself a favor and see it. It'll make you happy, like Amelie.

It makes me want another girlfriend now. :-\

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
I agree with you totally ramemaka13... it's a fucking amazing movie. Like you said, best movie of 2004 thus far. It's an incredibly touching love story without the typical Hollywood sappiness.

BOB

poruno sutâ
one of the major disadvantages of being german :'(

have to download it to see it before summer i guess

Yeah i dont think it has come out in my area either, but im willing to give it a look.

I havent seen adaptation yet but I loved Being john malkovich, so if its anything like that ill be happy.

Top Bottom