Femto no more?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
I just had a thought. Griffith's/Femto's spirit is inside of Guts' and Caska's son. I think that when Griffith dies it will actually be Guts' son dieing and Griffith's spirit will return to his God Hand body. Just a thought. I can just picture Griffith's dieing words,"You've accomplished nothing."
And here's where you seem to be misunderstanding... There is no God Hand "body". Femto is the ethereal projection of Griffith. Femto has no corporeal form, which is why Femto was necessary in the first place: as a place holder for Griffith's ego in the Astral world between his corporeal forms (human, reincarnated human).

Sorry for the double post. Wanted to bump the thread to get some feedback.
You shameless jackass...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
And here's where you seem to be misunderstanding... There is no God Hand "body". Femto is the ethereal projection of Griffith. Femto has no corporeal form, which is why Femto was necessary in the first place: as a place holder for Griffith's ego in the Astral world between his corporeal forms (human, reincarnated human).You shameless jackass...
THANK U! ;D

And here's where you seem to be misunderstanding... There is no God Hand "body". Femto is the ethereal projection of Griffith. Femto has no corporeal form, which is why Femto was necessary in the first place: as a place holder for Griffith's ego in the Astral world between his corporeal forms (human, reincarnated human).
That doesn't seem right. You're saying Femto is corporeal. That means he is not just a spirit. Griffith was not reincarnated. His spirit transcended from whichever realm the God Hand are in to the material realm. His spirit inhabits the body of Guts' son. Look back to the eclipse. Femto is Griffith. His body changed into what is now Femto. His spirit didn't enter another body. His body transformed. His body didn't transform back into Griffith. His spirit moved into the child and with his powers altered the child's look. So it would make sense that if Griffith were killed in the material world, the only harm would be done to Guts' kid. His spirit would just return to his true self. You can't say the God Hand are bodyless. If they didn't have bodies then Femto wouldn't have been able to interact with Caska. They have no bodies in the material realm (we see this when Slann posseses the troll intestines to meet Guts) which probably won't be the case once the realms merge.

I will clarify this if you still don't understand what I'm saying.

Ok, let's see what we have so far...

1) Femto screwed Caska in the "eclipse box". But that place was not in the material world. It has been said before something about it(I think it was with Zodd outside guarding it) but I can't remember exactly. Anyway, the whole place was in the dimension of the Godhand, opened by the crimson egg, so this can't be used as an example, I guess, to prove Femto having a corporeal body in the material world. But he certainly seems to be having a "body" in GH astral or spiritual dimention, so for the sake of not misunderstanding one another, I suggest we call it it's ethereal body.

2)Gut's baby had a true corporeal material body but it propably could also be travelling among dimentions, because of the sacrifice, it should be placed in the interstice. Not only this, but it has also been said that Griffith's semen when he screwed Caska, should have allienated its spirit, turning it to a demon grown baby. Much like the wound Slann inflicted to Guts' spirit as Shielke has said. That mix of spiritual effects on the baby that was growing in Caska' belly turned it to the demon baby.

Griffith or Femto (they are the same person) used the body of the baby as matter to install his spirit and grow up in the egg apostle as the male figure seen in the material world that looks like to Griffith's ex human body.
At this point we are not sure what happened to the baby's spirit. Is it inside the body of Griffith or has it flown away? What it seems to be the answer to me is that it is inside Griffith's body, preserving it's most profound sensibilities that it once had as seen on the hill of swords. If this case is true, it seems Griffith's and fetus spirit can be separated at this point. But we can't even exclude a case, where baby's spirit and ego have escaped it's body and matter while it was inside the egg apostle. We know Griffith did it in the eclipse with the help of Godhand and the crimson egg. Anyway, if this case is true, Griffith should have had this feeling on the hill of swords, because of the baby's profound material instincts should have remained somehow, while it grew up in the egg apostle to become Griffith. Personally, I tend to believe that the other case is the one valid (the one where the baby's spirit has remained inside Griffith's body).
As far as Femto I think we can't be sure yet if he still exists or not.
We can't exclude the case that he was able to only project his will on the matter, inside the egg apostle while it was growing up, without possessing it by himself, as we have seen a similar power with Mule. But we don't know about that for sure at this point. The case that Femto does not exist and his ego and will were only able to posses and get stored on the matter inside the egg apostle can't be also excluded. In this case, well, Femto won't exist anymore.

ViciousX

I'm a llama!
Or maybe, when the two worlds fully merge, Griffith will again take on the form of Femto when he and the God Hand rule humanity... if that is indeed their goal. But I see no other reason for the two worlds to merge. He is a member of the God Hand now after all, and after destiny worked so hard to put him there, I don't think he'd give up his seat just like that.

Personally, I think Griffith is still very much Femto. He may be called the Hawk of Light, but he is very much the Hawk of Darkness. When he possessed the baby and took on his old form, it is now a mask to conceal his true nature, as I see Femto as the incarnation of his true nature. An effective way to break Griffith's spell over many of his followers is to show them Femto, but that is unlikely to happen. I mean, what better mask for evil to wear than the mask of virtue and rightiousness?

That's just my opinion, I do think we'll see Griffith in the form of Femto again at some point.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Walter said:
And here's where you seem to be misunderstanding... There is no God Hand "body". Femto is the ethereal projection of Griffith. Femto has no corporeal form, which is why Femto was necessary in the first place: as a place holder for Griffith's ego in the Astral world between his corporeal forms (human, reincarnated human).You shameless jackass...

^True true, vol.26c220p077 Slann says to Skully, "You understand it right? with the appearence of the 5th Godhand the worlds have already started to merge. Who cares about the others? They're probably melting into thier oh-so favorite sephirs. Floating around without a form."

So yeah I always saw the Godhand as more of a spiritual conciousness's than actual flesh-and-bone beings. They just inhabit whatever they want and shape into a form that pleases them when they want actually interact on the physical plane.

However I always saw the whole Grif/Femto thing as; Grif anchors himself to the physical realm with Guts/Caska's child and then upon taking it and changing its form for his own is uses Femto's powers to achieve what he so dearly desired when he was still mortal. So its kinda like he's playing dress-up and pretending he's still who he was before the Eclipse, but deep down he IS Femto. And no matter if he decides to take the form of a cute, fuzzy bunny wabbit or the form we saw during the Eclipse he is and will always BE a Godhand. And those twisted, tainted qualities are what make him who he is, despite who ever he pretends to be.

Also we may not be seeing Femto's powers right now 'cause of the self imposed restricions Griffith has placed upon himself. Kinda like he stuffed himself into a shell to play at being who he was. Dening his true powers in order to convince himself and others he is who he was and/or wants to be. But that doesn't change who or WHAT he fundimentally is. And should he pushed far enough he's gonna flex those demonic powers and shatter his facade.

Least thats my take on it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You're the first person to properly and totally awesomely enunciate the "femto still?" theory. An excellent, thorough post, Kyosuke.

(Take notes, you Hawks Embassy kids, this is how to post in Speculation Nation).

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Walter said:
You're the first person to properly and totally awesomely enunciate the "femto still?" theory. An excellent, thorough post, Kyosuke.

(Take notes, you Hawks Embassy kids, this is how to post in Speculation Nation).

Thanks I try lol, anyway I couldn't help but notice your title Walter, you wouldn't happen to be fan of Stephen Kings Dark Tower series?

BTW: I only ask 'cause I'm reading Wolves of Calla now.

Top Bottom