FFVII: Advent Children

Re: FF7 AC 4min trailer

Khorne said:
FF10 isn`t so bad either.

I didn't care much for that game. The 'love' between Yuna and what's his name seemed artificial to me. Really swimming around water and suddenly falling in love seems to be bullshit to me.

The reason FF7 was so much better then FF10, is FF10 had pretty shitty characters. I got about three fourths of the way into that game and I just couldn't take Titus's dumbassness anymore. Another thing that really pissed me off about FF10, is isn't Titus suppossed to be a superstar at that underwater soccer game? Well, when you finally have to control Titus and play it, he sucks ass! I agree that FF6 was definately a classic though.

Wah wah wah said:
Yo, Bartz could kick your ass.

How did the conversation change to attacks used by five year olds? i.e. "Kobe would knock you out in a game of b-ball man."

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

Rage Incarnate said:
How did the conversation change to attacks used by five year olds? i.e. "Kobe would knock you out in a game of b-ball man."
Bartz is the main characters name from Final Fantasy Five, not an attack used by a five year old.

Maybe an insult used by a five year old? And that would only have made since if I had said someone from Six's name like "Yo, Sabin could curb stomp you"

At any rate, I only said that because I like the name.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

c'mon guys let's not argue here for "who's the best character"... Fuck it!

Now HERE we have the deadliest of them all!!!!.  BOW to the queen!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Rage Incarnate said:

Because you posted. Burn.

Khorne said:
You call Auron and Kimahri "shitty"?!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're playing along with the joke, right? RIGHT!?

Nomad said:
c'mon guys let's not argue here for "who's the best character"... Fuck it!

Now HERE we have the deadliest of them all!!!!.  BOW to the queen!

"WHO BIN MESSIN WIT MY MATERIA!!!? >:("

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

June 2005 release date. 100 bucks says that it's either bullshit, or they will postpone it.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

They have pushed it back to much already I think it should be done before this year ends.

d00kiemastah

All I want to do is...bicycle.

Final Fantasy X-2 was a Shakespearean masterpiece.  You just have to look past the silliness on the surface, deeper into the true makeup of the game.  It's one of the deepest and most complex stories I've yet seen.

Queenfan01 said:
Final Fantasy X-2 was a Shakespearean masterpiece.  You just have to look past the silliness on the surface, deeper into the true makeup of the game.  It's one of the deepest and most complex stories I've yet seen.
I have to admit that you are entirely correct.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Well, you guys obviously haven't read:

0439381282.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I guarantee, it's the deepest, most complex, and thought-provoking story you've read yet!​

d00kiemastah

Ah yes, "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" Novel adaptation.  As Frederic Tuten's "Tintin in the New World" is to Herge's original Tintin character, so is "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" to the original cartoon series.

They actually do bare many striking similarities, though not enough to merit the widespread opinion of it being a practical plagarization of Tuten's masterpiece.  One of these similarities include; the loss of someone very close to the protagonist(s).  In the case of the Powerpuff Girls the Doctor, and in the case of Tintin, his dog Snowy.  Each of these events in their respective stories trigger a much darker tone from therein, and the characters begin to evolve into much more introspective and depressed versions of their once bright and cheery selves.  One example of this is Tintin's brooding monologue, reflecting on his perhaps wasted life righting perceived wrongs.

"What wrong and what wrongdoer," Tintin continued sadly, "are there left to stalk when now I know I would need to stalk the tracks of every living human, for all are guilty, even as they sleep, guilty of mischief done or yet to be done? The human womb breeds human monsters, sucking eel mouths of desire and wilfulness."

Both of these tour de force titles also include the "deflowering" of the flagship characters, but I would prefer not to go any deeper into that matter.

I'm very excited to see that I am not the only one who has had the pleasure of reading "The Powerpuff Girls Movie".  I was afraid that because of the fact it was supposed to be an adaptation of a child's movie that it may not fare so well, but you have renewed my hope Griffith.  Thank you.

Courtesy of Twitch Film:

Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children. R2 Japan UMD / DVD September 14th 2005.

ff7.jpeg

Tetsuya Namura has officially announced the firm release date (finally) for the CGI movie based entirely in a more familiar Final Fantasy world - Advent Children. Long know about, the internet is littered with screenshots and a few trailers (tip - google), but there has always been a confusion as to wether this would be some kind of interactive DVD experience. Still might be, but at least we know now the Japanese release date and that it will be both a UMD and a DVD release. English Subtitles - fingers crossed.

Personally, i really like 'The Spirits Within' but it had little familiar to grasp onto for a FF-based movie. This one is set withing the worlds (it seems) and with the characters of FF VII, so it should bring back the audience turned onto the series at that point but whom have drifted away since. There should be more details arriving soon as this will be heavily promoted at E3 (...years biggest game event). Expect a nice limited edition, perhaps some new footage, and an American release to become firmer soon.

via PSP Advanced.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

ranemaka13 said:
Courtesy of Twitch Film:

ff7.jpeg

Tetsuya Namura has officially announced the firm release date (finally) for the CGI movie based entirely in a more familiar Final Fantasy world - Advent Children. Long know about, the internet is littered with screenshots and a few trailers (tip - google), but there has always been a confusion as to wether this would be some kind of interactive DVD experience. Still might be, but at least we know now the Japanese release date and that it will be both a UMD and a DVD release. English Subtitles - fingers crossed.

Personally, i really like 'The Spirits Within' but it had little familiar to grasp onto for a FF-based movie. This one is set withing the worlds (it seems) and with the characters of FF VII, so it should bring back the audience turned onto the series at that point but whom have drifted away since. There should be more details arriving soon as this will be heavily promoted at E3 (...years biggest game event). Expect a nice limited edition, perhaps some new footage, and an American release to become firmer soon.

via PSP Advanced.
Rumor had it that it was set-up to be on June, so thank you for clearing that up and the for the update. ;)

ranemaka13 said:
Courtesy of Twitch Film:

ff7.jpeg

i second that *fingers crossed* its like they kept playing with everyone show a little bit here a little bit there. well i guess they know what they're doing, they sure know how to get people amped. as for it being an interactive DVD ??? i dont know, i guess it would be intresting if thats what they did. i think i would enjoy it. i was just hoping for the game to come out.oh and while im on that subject
DOUBLE POST

heres the story
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/news.html

and heres a screen shot
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/screens.html?page=1

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ

DarthVenom said:
i second that *fingers crossed* its like they kept playing with everyone show a little bit here a little bit there. well i guess they know what they're doing, they sure know how to get people amped.

Exactly the opposite. I was excited to see this movie until they started doing all of this garbage. Now I don't care if it ever comes out. Besides, I've already seen the movie. All I had to do was assemble all of the clips.

Aren't you just the ass hole today.

You assembled the clips, good for you.  Do ya want a medal?  Because you've seen maybe about 10 minutes, if that, of the final product.  Can you tell me Aerith ends up with Cloud at the end?  Or does Sephiroth end up getting his revenge and end up killing Cloud?

You're my hero, kakkoii ::)

d00kiemastah

For the record, I was being sarcastic when I said I liked Final Fantasy X.

As for this movie, I was excited at first, but I'm really very indifferent now.  Here's hoping it's entertaining though.

Top Bottom