Forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okin said:
I admit that Guts may not want to kill Griffith upon this revelation, but that doesn't mean he has forgiven him.

You may have misunderstood me, I don't think Guts would forgive Griffith. The complication of the Demon Child being a part of Griffith, imo, would only further fuel Guts hatred for Griffith. And as you stated, the presence of the Demon Child could easily result in Guts hesitating to kill Griffith along with whatever complication Casca's influence would promote. The beast would also become a factor in how the conflict is resolved.
Though off topic, I also think that Sk's words before the Moonlight Child incident might be of significance. Something along the lines of "what you want may not be what she wants" this could actually pertain to the child. The obvious conflict being Guts desire to kill Griffith and Casca's motherly nature to protect her child. Though Guts new found curiosity towards the child and his dream about the beast are also major factors that must be considered.

Given all these factors, forgiveness is the least likely scenario. To the point of being next to impossible.

Edited for relevance.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
Also, I don't think Guts will ever start caring about the entire world before his friends and revenge. I just can't imagine an event that would change him like that.

Caring about the world before his friends, no. Caring about his friends and the rest of the world before revenge? Now that already sounds much more likely.

Ramen4ever said:
Though off topic, I also think that Sk's words before the Moonlight Child incident might be of significance. Something along the lines of "what you want may not be what she wants" this could actually pertain to the child.

I'm fairly certain SK was talking about if Casca being "cured" was in her best interests. For Guts its def his main priority but the reference was geared more into his selfishness and if bringing Casca back making her re-live all the pain and revenge against Griffith is what she would want. While the child was interesting SK's quote has little relevance to it unless I see some more solid evidence.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Shadow67733 said:
I'm fairly certain SK was talking about if Casca being "cured" was in her best interests. For Guts its def his main priority but the reference was geared more into his selfishness and if bringing Casca back making her re-live all the pain and revenge against Griffith is what she would want. While the child was interesting SK's quote has little relevance to it unless I see some more solid evidence.

Idk, I think (like most other people) SK's comment was directed to Guts' mission for revenge against Griffith, which Casca may or may not approve, rather than if she'd wish to be cured or not. I don't see her getting cured then getting pissed at Guts because he cured her.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Idk, I think (like most other people) SK's comment was directed to Guts' mission for revenge against Griffith, which Casca may or may not approve, rather than if she'd wish to be cured or not. I don't see her getting cured then getting pissed at Guts because he cured her.

Not "like most other people", actually people are pretty divided about this. There's no consensus. And it's not a question of "getting pissed" but of not wanting to endure the harshness of reality. Anyway this isn't the thread to discuss this (that goes for everyone).

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Anyway to get this thread back on topic, I just don't see Guts forgiving Griffith in any imaginable scenario. Unless of course, Miura would want to write a twist worthy of M. Night Shymalan. Either way, if Guts forgave him, I'd be disappointed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Anyway to get this thread back on topic, I just don't see Guts forgiving Griffith in any imaginable scenario. Unless of course, Miura would want to write a twist worthy of M. Night Shymalan. Either way, if Guts forgave him, I'd be disappointed.

Well the idea's a bit oudated, what with this thread being over 6 years old and all. Probably shouldn't have been revived, which is why I'm locking it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom