Formerly passé FF fanboy thread, now miscellaneous (open mic)

Care to suggest any visually pleasing movies for me to put in my Netflix que?

What about Fifth Element? I really liked that movie. :)

Had an angry set of moms earlier today wondering why I didn't have any Wiis today. :judo: I just sell the things when I get them! Why won't they just leave me alone!

Winde, hates opening solo :puck:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Re: Formerly passe FF fanboy thread (now open mic topic, join the fun)

Walter said:
This one goes out to all you Parisians out there. Is there really a place in France where the naked ladies dance, and ... as I've heard, a hole in the wall where the kids can see it all?

Also, is there another way this song goes? Or at least another verse, this one's a literal cock tease. Help a negro out.
Your looking in the wrong place man! They have places in Japan where the waitresses are wearing skirts, no panties, and the floors are mirrors! :carcus:

Dirty Dog

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Your looking in the wrong place man! They have places in Japan where the waitresses are wearing skirts, no panties, and the floors are mirrors!  :carcus:
my kinda restaurant :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Walter said:
This one goes out to all you Parisians out there. Is there really a place in France where the naked ladies dance, and ... as I've heard, a hole in the wall where the kids can see it all?

Also, is there another way this song goes? Or at least another verse, this one's a literal cock tease. Help a negro out.

Handsome delivers to you my negro!

version 1!

Oh they don’t wear pants
On the other side of France
But they do wear jeans
Just to cover up their beans

version 2!

There’s a place in France,
Where the ladies don’t wear pants
Just one puff of smoke
Is enough to kill a snake
When the snake is dead
They put roses in his head
When the roses die
They put diamonds in his eyes
When the diamonds break
It is 1978.

version 3!

There’s a place in France
Where the naked ladies dance
There’s a hole in the wall
Where the men can see it all
And the men drink beer
While the ladies shake their rear
And the rear that they shake
Is enough to fry a snake
And the snake that they fry
Is enough to tell a lie
And they Lie that they tell
Is enough to burn in Hell

Taken from http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/desultor/2004/01/21/france-pants/

Edit: Feelin' fine...

totally shitting out a paper on the editing in Annie Hall, as we speak. i'm not taking it very seriously (the paper) so don't really try to judge it.
it's hard to take it seriously when i don't respect the teacher, and it's hard to respect the teacher when i don't take him seriously.

blah blah blah. you won't read what follows:

Editing Annie Hall

In 1979, Woody Allen, already an established comedian of stand-up stage and screen, released his ?magnum opus? on cinemagoers everywhere, changing the style of comedies and ?rom-coms? for many generations.  Starring as an eccentric comedian haunted by neuroses for his entire life, Allen plays Alvie Singer, who ? as we are informed in the opening monologue ? has just broken up with Annie Hall, the title character played by Diane Keaton.  The film functions in a fractured narrative, making it sometimes difficult for viewers to follow.  However, it is from this fracturing that the film becomes something much more than just another romantic comedy, as well as becoming the film?s greatest asset.
The editing plays a crucial role in the film, not only giving it the strange narrative structure it is known for, but also allowing those viewers who pay attention to better understand Allen?s character.  The film is, essentially, the yarn Alvie weaves to whomever will listen, most likely a stand-up audience or, even more probable, his psychoanalyst.  In understanding this point, the structure of the film begins to make sense and no longer resembles a reasonless, random sequence of events and images.
If we accept the point that the film is his confession to an analyst or a conversation with a friend, we find the transitions between the scenes to happen more naturally, and logically, than they first appeared.  The film is, perhaps, the most naturally formed conversation ever filmed, standing above even the naturalist dialogues that litter the films of Tarantino.

feeling: the woodgrain of the table and plastic keys that i type this with and the slightly itchy wool of my sweater. other than that, i'm feeling better as i get over this cold or what-have-you. couldn't take the french final today, got it pushed back a week (thank christ) and i called out of my abominable job, too, watching Hedwig & the Angry Inch instead, while sipping hot green tea. :carcus:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Dude, its fuckin' 3 degrees (F) outside. It only reached 7 today, and when you factor in windchill (and it was very windy) its just no good to anyone. At least snow damnit!

On the brighter side of life, I am eating a big bowl of chedder goldfish, and its delicious.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, it's the coldest it's been here all year, at 15 F. It's weird, because just last week at this time I was writing an article on how we'd hit a near-all time record high of 75 F. Here's the stupid fucking cheesy ass article I wrote, just to fill some space.

[quote author=Wally]
Wintery weather to end heat wave
By D. FRANK SMITH/Staff Writer

Area residents may want to bundle up Friday as the unseasonal heat wave that’s blasted the Southeast for weeks is expected to dissipate, bringing with it a chance of snow.

This could create some dangerous driving conditions, but it’s a full-blown certainty the time has arrived to finally open up the winter coat closet.

Many residents see this as a refreshing change after the late November temperatures soared to as high as 75 degrees Thursday, nearly beating the almanac record of 76 degrees in 1933.

Meteorologists predict a cold and warm front to collide today, possibly bringing snow with it Friday morning. But it won’t be the kind to make snowmen out of.

“There’s probably about a 20 percent chance for a mix of rain and snow, with no chance for accumulation,” said Jim Moser, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Nashville. “The (cold) front will go through and temperatures will slowly fall throughout the day.”

The cool seasonal weather brings with it the first glimmer of the Christmas season and, for one area business, this can only mean good things to come.

Trevon Cole works at Cole Family Christmas Trees in front of Columbia Mall, and he said the approaching cold and possible snow are always good for business.

“Coldfronts always bring more holiday cheer,” Cole said.

Business has been slow so far, but Cole attributed the lack of sales to the heat rather than an absence of holiday spirit in Columbia.

“Who’s thinking ‘Ho, Ho, Ho’ when it’s 75 degrees out?” he asked.

But for some, the cold weather won’t change a thing.

“I’m gonna drink my coffee here, same as any other day,” Marvin “Goldie” Anniston said, as he sits in the Sandwich Shop in downtown Columbia drinking coffee.
[/quote]

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
A few weeks ago we got into the 70s, but the highest since then was in the 40s a few days ago (I live in Iowa). Basically, its a giant rollercoaster ride when it comes to weather here. On the day it reached forty, a huge cold front blasted us into the single digits that evening. It was fantastic.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
“I’m gonna drink my coffee here, same as any other day,” Marvin “Goldie” Anniston said, as he sits in the Sandwich Shop in downtown Columbia drinking coffee.

Genius.

There hasn't been snow lasting more than a couple of hours for over 10 years here. Global warming is seriously taking a toll, has been for a while in fact.

Its 25 degrees here..I don't think its been this could for a long time. We got a lot of snow about a week ago. The day it snowed I woke up to 70 degree weather. By that night it was around 30 degrees. Missouri has some wierd weather.

Any one every master the Debug room in the Final Fantasy games? I would just give up and use a game shark. I have like five of the game sharks that you plug in the back your Playstation.

Quick question. Does any ones else Xbox make a clicking noise and refuse to work right for no reason?

Dirty Dog

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
This aint no restaurant.  :carcus:
umm... but you said waitresses.. o_O
:isidro:

and it was below freezing yesterday, and the damned furnace was broken too =/
it's still below freezing today, but at least the furnace is fixed :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It’s a little depressing to realize that the only thing I want for Christmas is the exact same thing that every 1st-3rd grader in our little podunk town wants too.

At work, everyone’s been forced to type up hundreds (literally) of Santa Wish List papers that elementary schools have written in to be published. I’ve heard weird stories ranging from: “I want a shark tooth or a gun with a scope… I’d also like deer antlers that aren’t stuck together.” to “I wot a lital bell that jungals if u beleev.” Not sure exactly what he was … yeah…. My favorite is probably: “Dear Santa, I want a yellow vibrating pillow … Do you get hot in your big, red suit? I bet you do! - Sandy! (1st grade).”

But the majority of both boys and girls, for nearly every grade, ask for a Nintendo DS with New Super Mario Bros. The ONLY THING I want for Christmas. This really puts me in my place. I’m nearly twenty years older than most of these kids, and we both want the exact same thing. I wonder if that’s saying a lot for Nintendo’s marketability, or just that I’ll always be a Toys-R-Us kid.

Oh, of course, there's also a bunch of 1st graders asking for an XBOX360 with Call of Dooti 3. Wonder what they'll actually get? :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Oh, of course, there's also a bunch of 1st graders asking for an XBOX360 with Call of Dooti 3. Wonder what they'll actually get? :ganishka:

A Nintendo DS with New Super Mario Bros. Everybody's happy! :troll:

Hahaha, ya that was a pretty good kefka, I liked it when he was picking on sephrioth hehe, and I also liked how in character he was with it if not a little TOO much.

Top Bottom