Happy (Early) Valentines Day!

Kart

Resident /b/tard
I was about as positive as I get, I said he had skill, I wasn't fond of the style but he was a good artist, there is positive, but there's truth.

Kart said:
I was about as positive as I get, I said he had skill, I wasn't fond of the style but he was a good artist, there is positive, but there's truth.

Heh your starting to remind me of Simon from American Idol. Yeah I watch that show so sue me. :p

Kart

Resident /b/tard
he's cool, he's critical and if you listen to someone like him you'll turn into a great artist because you fix your flaws, even the minor ones that no one else bothers to notice because you're good enough.

Lauralana

That's Hot
Smith said:
Well then maybe i should congrat you for being a mother soon ;DWell the sad thing for me is i am too young to do that :'(

Hahaha. You're so cute. i am soo not gonna be mother anytime soon, i'm only 20. And i don't know what act u are referring to when u say that ;)

P

PsychoJavexx

Lauralana said:
Happy Valentine's Day to all ;D

I had a a great night, and i hope u all did as well.

If you call sitting at home listening to Mega Man 2 remixes and being depressed a great night... then hell yeah I had a great night!

Lauralana said:
And i don't know what act u are referring to when u say that ;)

Well it is so obvious that i didnt need to say... Most likely you are not, but it just give ppl wrong impression ;)

Dont believe, you can trying reading this again and again...

Lauralana said:
I had a great night

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Kart said:
he's cool, he's critical and if you listen to someone like him you'll turn into a great artist because you fix your flaws, even the minor ones that no one else bothers to notice because you're good enough.

Kart, I don't mean to tell you not to critique people. I actually appreciate that fact that you do. I just felt that people were jumping on Serpico's piece more than necessary.

chugoku sensei

Too good!
I agree, and I think there is something to be said for encouragement as a more effective way to get people to improve. Making people defensive isn't the best way to get them to improve, only make yourself sound smarter. Group effort!
P.S. I have no L33T skills, so can anyone tell me how to post my pictures on the board?

Kart

Resident /b/tard

oh, and critiquing in art is alot differnt, artists don't need encouragement, it's not a thing where you need support, it's something where you just need to do, people being brutal will improve you quickly, I know it did for me, every artist i know is critical on me and I can see my improvement.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Serpico said:
Forgive me this is very rushed and messy ::) I don't know how to CG good flames really at the moment either. But since it is more of a joking pic I did't worry about that stuff. I prefer Farnese with her cute short hair, but that wouldnt make sense for this. I will finish my doujinshi of them in a few months, It is drawn much better :p
also I'm not sure what you meant by make it violent. Not sure how to go about that anyway

That is awesome, Serpico!! That would make a great Valentine's Day card!! So would the Slann one with the ripped out heart...uhhh...maybe THAT one could be used for an S and M fan :) ( Here's to ripping your heart out!!)

Fantastic artwork.

chugoku sensei

Too good!
Kart said:

oh, and critiquing in art is alot differnt, artists don't need encouragement, it's not a thing where you need support, it's something where you just need to do, people being brutal will improve you quickly, I know it did for me, every artist i know is critical on me and I can see my improvement.
I disagree. With art critique, even exclusively technical art critique, you want to emphasize the good as well as the bad, in order to help someone improve their own style. If people told you only what you needed to work on, you would have no notion of what about your work is effective. Plus, despite the idiom, being brutal is different from being honest.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
chugoku sensei said:
I disagree. With art critique, even exclusively technical art critique, you want to emphasize the good as well as the bad, in order to help someone improve their own style. If people told you only what you needed to work on, you would have no notion of what about your work is effective. Plus, despite the idiom, being brutal is different from being honest.

I agree. Critiques that are harsh can be helpful, as long as they're still constructive, but being harsh just for the sake of it doesn't help.

EDIT:
chugoku sensei said:
p.s. Kart, did you post something that had to do with directions for posting graphics? It didn't register....thanks

Were you looking for a way to post pictures on the BBS? Look for a free image host site. The one I use is photobucket.com.

Top Bottom