Has anyone wondered about the Elemental Axe?

Mighty_Thruster said:
If vengeance not everything why is continuing destroying the apostles ?
What?... He kills Apostles because they are in his way, I guess.

Mighty_Thruster said:
First isn't because of the apostles and Griffith that Casca has gone insane ?
Yes, that's right. But currently, if Casca is "hating" Guts, it's not only because of that. Remember he tried to bite her nipple off? Revenge isn't everything, and because he wasn't able to understand it sooner, Guts hurt the people he cared for, and he let The Beast develop inside him, until it was almost able to destroy him!

Mighty_Thruster said:
Nope I think Guts is attached to this sword that's all !
You mean that he is used to it, and that's it?! And that the Elemental Axe, whatever power it may have had, can't replace a sword that was Guts' only companion for almost 2 years?!

Mighty_Thruster said:
What's the point saying :
As for the Axe, he could have used it with his 2 hands, I guess!
It's not because it's a two hand weapon that it's the same as the DragonSlayer !
It was just a... joke, maybe... Sometimes on public boards, people try to socialize a little bit by making little jokes, funny or not, you know... ::)

Mighty_Thruster

Gotta kill them all !
No he kills apostle for Griffith he want's to show hhim that he will get his revenge ^^ I think !

You mean that he is used to it, and that's it?! And that the Elemental Axe, whatever power it may have had, can't replace a sword that was Guts' only companion for almost 2 years?! Yeah I think so ! moreover it will take to much time to learn how to use the axe ! Since he is eleven Guts use a 2 hand sword.

And for the last ? It was a joke ? I didn't caught it sorry but it's quite hard for me I'm french ^^

Mighty_Thruster said:
No he kills apostle for Griffith he want's to show hhim that he will get his revenge ^^ I think !
As for me, I do not think so. Right now, he doesn't care about Griffith anymore. He is on his way to Elfhelm, and since he left Godo's mine for the last time, every Apostle he met, it wasn't on purpose. He wasn't looking for a fight against them.

Mighty_Thruster said:
Yeah I think so ! moreover it will take to much time to learn how to use the axe ! Since he is eleven Guts use a 2 hand sword.
Basically, that's what I do think, too. The DragonSlayer is more than just a sword for him, fighting the Apostles with it as the Black Swordsman, he has been on the verge of death more than once! And since it's somehow become specialized in killing Apostles and other monsters, I don't know why he would change it!

Mighty_Thruster said:
And for the last ? It was a joke ? I didn't caught it sorry but it's quite hard for me I'm french ^^
Yes, I was trying to be ironic! But since I'm french, too, I'm not sure my words perfectly reflected my thoughts! ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
a sword that was Guts' only companion for almost 2 years?!

Puck doesn't count ? ::)

asmer said:
Right now, he doesn't care about Griffith anymore.

Of course he still does care about Griffith, he's just got other priorities for now.

asmer said:
As for the Axe, he could have used it with his 2 hands, I guess! ;)

Yeah... Even with a dagger he could use it with both hands...

The problem is, the impact and the damage of the axe might not be as great as his DS... Due to its extraordinary length, it benefit him as he is able to hit his enemy at a further distance away than he was to use the axe

Aazealh said:
Puck doesn't count ? ::)
Of course he does! :eek: But for me, in those 2 years between the Eclipse and Guts' return to Godo's mine, I always thought Puck was with him for like one month or so, at the maximum. That's why I said 2 years, but I may be wrong!

Aazealh said:
Of course he still does care about Griffith, he's just got other priorities for now.
Yes of course he does (his reaction when the SK mentions Griffith name says it clearly...), thus the "right now", but I what I meant was more that the encounters with Apostles since the last time Guts left Godo's mine were more random than on purpose. And that I'm not sure killing Apostles is a way for Guts to tell Griffith that when his journey to Elfhelm is over, he will go back after him!? :-\

Smith said:
Yeah... Even with a dagger he could use it with both hands...
The problem is, the impact and the damage of the axe might not be as great as his DS... Due to its extraordinary length, it benefit him as he is able to hit his enemy at a further distance away than he was to use the axe
Are you sure?!... ::)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Of course he does! :eek: But for me, in those 2 years between the Eclipse and Guts' return to Godo's mine, I always thought Puck was with him for like one month or so, at the maximum. That's why I said 2 years, but I may be wrong!

Well, there's actually no indication about "when" they met each other, but I consider it to be rather early. Look at how much damage Guts takes everytime he fights, even in the first volumes, he wouldn't have gone very far without Puck healing him.

I'd say that Guts stayed alone for 9 months at max, probably more like 5/6 or less, just the time for him to get a reputation among the apostles, before fighting the Snake Baron.

Aazealh said:
Well, there's actually no indication about "when" they met each other, but I consider it to be rather early. Look at how much damage Guts takes everytime he fights, even in the first volumes, he wouldn't have gone very far without Puck healing him.
I always thought there was only quite a few time between the fights against the Snake Baron and against the Count. But then it's true we have no idea of how much time occured until Guts reached Misty Valley, that I agree with. And it's true that without Puck's fairy dust, Guts probably had been in trouble at some point!

Aazealh said:
I'd say that Guts stayed alone for 9 months at max, probably more like 5/6 or less, just the time for him to get a reputation among the apostles, before fighting the Snake Baron.
I was thinking he stayed alone some more, but I guess we'll never know for sure! :-\

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency
I think that the fact he was offered the elemental axe was to try to keep him from evil. Think about it, Dragon Slayer - permeated with the death's of astral beings - more evil, but Elemental Axe - gift of witch who loves nature thus the axe is Good. I thought the witch wanted him to keep his good nature, while with the Dragon Slayer + the Armor of Berserk, he just might get absorbed by the beast....

What are your thoughts on this?

Kart

Resident /b/tard
The sword matchs his style of fighting very well, he's able to generate enormous amounts of power with it. on top of that, he's able to slice through several minions at a time. Would you choose some weapon a mystic gave you, over your own tried and true weapon?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
stifler said:
I think that the fact he was offered the elemental axe was to try to keep him from evil. Think about it, Dragon Slayer - permeated with the death's of astral beings - more evil, but Elemental Axe - gift of witch who loves nature thus the axe is Good. I thought the witch wanted him to keep his good nature, while with the Dragon Slayer + the Armor of Berserk, he just might get absorbed by the beast....

Only reason why Axe was offered was because of its elemental qualities that can be used to fight the supernatural. I wouldnt say the DS was evil, it just has a darker tone on it. I mean hey, he took the axe, the axe would end up slicing up a bunch of astral beings too, and wouldn't that (by your definition) make it evil too?

stifler said:
I think that the fact he was offered the elemental axe was to try to keep him from evil. Think about it, Dragon Slayer - permeated with the death's of astral beings - more evil, but Elemental Axe - gift of witch who loves nature thus the axe is Good.

Flora and Schierke were handing out magic weapons or tools to all the members in the group aside Puck, Serpico got a new sword, didn't mean his previous sword was evil or anything, just not as efficient.
On that note Schierke did not know of the Dragon Slayers acquired power until he was slicing up the trolls near the church.

I'm not even sure if Guts knew of the Dragonslayers power until Skully told him how it has changed in the few years. We do at least know he has always used a heavier than normal sword since he started fighting, the Axe is just not right for what he is long used to.

I thought the witch wanted him to keep his good nature, while with the Dragon Slayer + the Armor of Berserk, he just might get absorbed by the beast....

If he gets absorbed by the beast while wearing the Berserker armour, I assure you the DS won't be a factor to it happening.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
On that note Schierke did not know of the Dragon Slayers acquired power until he was slicing up the trolls near the church.

She noticed the DS had some aura right after Guts refused the elemental axe.

Kenshin Hayabusa

foxes own you
Re: Elemental Axe

i WAS going to make a topic for this but this is a pretty good topic to post this.

What power do u think the axe that sherick (sp?) was going to give Guts had?

Are you kidding me? Guts is the only man on Midland able to wield the Dragonslayer. If you were him, would you change it for anything? Elemental axe is for lesser folk, period.

The main reason he refuses it is because he wants something he'd used to. He's never entered battle with a sword shorter than the length of his body. That'd be like taking away a sniper's rifle and handing him instead a really long stick to poke people in the eye with from afar.

Top Bottom