Just wondering

guts the hawk

3713^!^3 B0^!^
as far as i can tell, thats a guts black swordsman figure, and im pretty sure they are made with real cloth capes, im not sure though, i never open mine...

COBRA

beware the hitman!
I have a open black swords men (calm) and it has a fixxed cape not cloth, plus it don't seem to have the same sculpt(look at the arm puldron/shoulder it's too big) plus my black swordsmen does not have 5 trowing daggers! i know the mad face dose but this is a calm face

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
COBRA said:
anyone know how big the behelit(hope thats right) is(picture whould be greatly appreciated)

and anyone know what this is? cause it looks to have real cloth for the cape
The Art of War Beherit is about 2 inches tall and 1.5 inches at the thickest point. It looks very realistic.

The Black Swordsman figure you linked to is almost definitely a custom job. It's certainly not done by Art of War.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Walter said:
The Art of War Beherit is about 2 inches tall and 1.5 inches at the thickest point. It looks very realistic.

The Black Swordsman figure you linked to is almost definitely a custom job. It's certainly not done by Art of War.

Yes but it's on the yz toysite, Walter. It says it's a NEW figure from Art of War. It also seems to be pretty expensive. When I went to Yahoo Japan's auction site, there was a new Swordsman figure that came out called FIELD ACTION GUTS that looked like it also had a cloth cape. If the figure mentioned was custom, then it wouldn't be for sale ( in August, so the site says). I am waiting though to see how different this action figure is from the rest . Why buy it if it looks just like the regular black Swordsman? A cloth cape isn't going to make me want it any more.

The Field Action Guts has its arm raised up real high and over its back, plus it seems to be grinning madly that I saw on yahoo Japan.

You see this is so confusing. You're right about just getting the ones that are the most appealing and not just every figure that comes along in all its variations.

LG

COBRA

beware the hitman!
i just notice that the name of the picture is "gattu12" it whould be neat if it was a 12 inch but that whould be hoping for mountin of gold i guess

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
By custom, I mean any company that's not Art of War. It could be Sao Hok's Cha Cha Berserk figure company for all we know, but it's not an Art of War figure. Look at the style of it.

COBRA

beware the hitman!
thanks for the help on the Beherit Walter, and i agree it dose not look like art of war works the puldron is way to big for the arm plus the it's not as detailed as the art of war figure! Then again that is just one picture and stuff almost always looks better in person

SexyCharlotte

Walter said:
By custom, I mean any company that's not Art of War. It could be Sao Hok's Cha Cha Berserk figure company for all we know, but it's not an Art of War figure. Look at the style of it.

I asked my guy in Japan to find out about that Guts and he says he's pretty sure it is Art of War. But we'll see. The SK figure on Horseback is Art of War though.
LG

SexyCharlotte

Actually I admit that some of the Art of War figures even...for the price they charge, the quality sometimes is not too good. The Griffith Millenium Hawk statue I have...almost broke the spurs on his boots and his sword got bent out of shape so I had to straighten it. I guess getting bent is better than breaking though.

I am waiting to see if this buyer in Japan can also find the SK figure as well..that new figure of SK on horseback is really cool.

There IS a new action figure of Guts that is by Art of War I believe called FIELD ACTION GUTS.

LG

COBRA

beware the hitman!
well i guess no company can truly make figures or statue quality but what they do make sure dose kick alot of ass ;D

SexyCharlotte

COBRA said:
well i guess no company can truly make figures or statue quality but what they do make sure dose kick alot of ass ;D

They kick a lot of ass yes and they 'cost a lot of dollars' LOL

LG

SexyCharlotte

Walter said:

I just found out from my shopper in Japan that the Guts with cloth cape is an Art of War figure.

LG

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lady Griffith said:
I just found out from my shopper in Japan that the Guts with cloth cape is an Art of War figure.

LG
It's available on the street but it isn't on the company website? Hmmm... Just like the 2nd Season, I'll believe it when I see an official annoucement.

SexyCharlotte

Walter said:
It's available on the street but it isn't on the company website? Hmmm... Just like the 2nd Season, I'll believe it when I see an official annoucement.
How about better...when i get the figure, I will post a photo here with the Art of War stamp at the bottom of the figure and the Art of War logo on the BOX.THEN will you make me moderator of the merchandise section LOL?

LG

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Lady Griffith said:
Yes but it's on the yz toysite, Walter. It says it's a NEW figure from Art of War. It also seems to be pretty expensive. When I went to Yahoo Japan's auction site, there was a new Swordsman figure that came out called FIELD ACTION GUTS that looked like it also had a cloth cape. If the figure mentioned was custom, then it wouldn't be for sale ( in August, so the site says). I am waiting though to see how different this action figure is from the rest . Why buy it if it looks just like the regular black Swordsman? A cloth cape isn't going to make me want it any more.

The Field Action Guts has its arm raised up real high and over its back, plus it seems to be grinning madly that I saw on yahoo Japan.

You see this is so confusing. You're right about just getting the ones that are the most appealing and not just every figure that comes along in all its variations.

LG

Hey LG, do you happen to have a picture of the Field Action Guts? I'm just curious because about a year ago I saw a Guts figure that seems to fit the grinning madly description, but he didn't appear to be poseable at all; just a large plastic "statue". Maybe if I see what you're talking about I can tell you if that's what I saw or not. The figure I'm talking about was definitely Art of War though.

SexyCharlotte

It's made by a NON Art of War company

The Field Action Guts is actually a Black Swordsman version of Guts MADE BY A DIFFERENT COMPANY other than Art of War. I'll e mail you a pic. It's less detailed and I got confused because I thought it was a new Art of War action figure, but the maker is DX or something like that.

LG

Top Bottom