Modern warfare: Russia back on invasion campaign, takes Georgia

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Okin said:
Just curious. Does anyone think that Russia's actions are more justified than the US's were in Iraq?

Neither country is more or less justified.

Better question. Isn't it great Russia/US can do things like this without facing any consequences?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Better question. Isn't it great Russia/US can do things like this without facing any consequences?

Yeah I'd say that it's what's really shocking here. That no one will do or say anything about it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Yeah I'd say that it's what's really shocking here. That no one will do or say anything about it.
I'm no political expert but I would imagine that it would have something to do that almost all the major super powers have their hands in the cookie jar when it comes to arm's deals and other questionable activity. Granted some more then others but yea. It's the NWO (Minus Hollywood Hulk Hogan)!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I'm no political expert but I would imagine that it would have something to do that almost all the major super powers have their hands in the cookie jar when it comes to arm's deals and other questionable activity. Granted some more then others but yea. It's the NWO (Minus Hollywood Hulk Hogan)!

Yeah, definitely. That doesn't make it any better though... It's like "oh well, we're bullying this kid so I guess you can bully that other one."

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Yeah, definitely. That doesn't make it any better though... It's like "oh well, we're bullying this kid so I guess you can bully that other one."

I think Bush advised Russia against fighting Georgia and they have a cease fire as of yesterday, I think.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Guts' intestines said:
I think Bush advised Russia against fighting Georgia and they have a cease fire as of yesterday, I think.

True..but the fighting never really stopped at that point.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
2762814589_0611d47c37.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If it weren't for the Internet, my perception of stupid people would be far, far less verbose.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cease-fire agreement has been signed: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/16/georgia.russia.war/index.html

Let's see how long this lasts...

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
There are still troops occupying the devastated cities apparently there for relief and rebuilding: It's Iraq all over again!

I've heard a number of reports of ethnic cleansing on both sides of the Georgian border. That's nothing new, but what the hell was Russia thinking? Other than an oil line what else is there to gain?

Okin

Its been done just 5 years ago, and look at the results! Has Russian been hiding in cave this whole time as the world gained their best reason to hate the US?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Okin said:
Its been done just 5 years ago, and look at the results!

Personally I only hope it was done for oil. I don't like to think how he really did it to make his daddy proud of him.

Has Russian been hiding in cave this whole time as the world gained their best reason to hate the US?

What makes you think the Russians care what you or anyone else thinks?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Okin said:
That's nothing new, but what the hell was Russia thinking? Other than an oil line what else is there to gain?

Elbow room.

Putin Russia, flush with oil money, would probably like its empire restored/maintained, and they certainly don't want to give up their satellites so they can be surrounded and squeezed by a bunch of West influenced democracies. Forget the Iraq comparison, it's the Cold War all over again.

Okin

Griffith No More! said:
it's the Cold War all over again.

Well way to just outright and say it Griff! I thought we were going to build up to conspiracy theories, fake evidence, and witch-hunts for spies, but noooo you had to just put it out in the open!

S

Sanguinius

Griffith No More! said:
Elbow room.

Putin Russia, flush with oil money, would probably like its empire restored/maintained, and they certainly don't want to give up their satellites so they can be surrounded and squeezed by a bunch of West influenced democracies. Forget the Iraq comparison, it's the Cold War all over again.

I wouldn't say it's the cold war all over again, it's quite different. It's the emergence of a multi polar world, America has, and to a considerable extent, still has a reasonably strong hegemony in the world. Unlike in the cold war were there were two Superpowers, we're returning to a more 19th century world with many powers striving for a more nationalistic interest rather than an ideological divide however real or imagined.

A

avidwriter

If only we'd listened to the first president of these United States. Washington said we should stay out of foreign affairs. I don't have the exact quote but its too bad we didn't listen. WWII might have been unavoidable but plenty else we shouldn't have gotten our business in.

Top Bottom