MODIFIED Berserk Armor PVC statue...

Re: DON'T spend $100 on BERSERKER PVC STATUE!! Remodelling in progress...

Nice price...I've bought from discountanimedvd.com and have never had a problem.

conan

Until next time...
Re: Why spend $100 on BERSERKER PVC STATUE when you can get it HERE for less!

Aazealh said:
You know, most people knew about it already, like -rob- or Maiku who explicitely stated it in their replies...

glad YOU told me that... :schierke:

I personally don't think this figure is worth even the $70.oo I paid for it...unless you feel like some work...

I've got him all cut up and ready for glue...pics soon...

Jess

Oh, and the lower price on here is much better!
Thanks Handsome!! (though I think these'll be on Ebay by the end of the year for less than $40.oo because of the quality...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Why spend $100 on BERSERKER PVC STATUE when you can get it HERE for less!

conan said:
glad YOU told me that...

I was glad to tell you, too. I wouldn't want you to think everybody was depending on you to find online shops. :chomp:

conan

Until next time...

I'll have finished photos of my remodeled Guts PVC Berserk Armor tomorrow sometime...

I finished most of the resculpting and painting today. All I have left is the base and the head...cape's a bitch to reshape as it's pretty hard in some areas...

again, pics soon!

Oh, sorry about being snappy there Aaz...long day... :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

conan said:
I finished most of the resculpting and painting today.

Wow, that was fast. Can't wait to see the pictures. :guts:

conan said:
Oh, sorry about being snappy there Aaz...long day... :puck:

Hehe, it's nothing. :void:

conan

Until next time...

yeah...I took a morning off and worked three solid hours on the cutting, resculpting, and gluing the damned thing back together...

came out looking pretty good if I do say so myself...only major problem was the cape isn't glued down and I'm not sure if I really want to glue it down or not...and the left knee, to make it look like the resin statue, had to be modified, so it doesn't look like *exactly* like the resin and their is a space where glue/putty is visibilbe instead of armor...from a few feet awy it looks great, but up close it's still a bit painful...

But it's not that bad...though the base and getting the damned guy to stay standing is cutting away at my nerves...one by one...

conan

Until next time...

pics will have to wait until tomorrow now...

My folks came into town and visited my wife and me this weekend, so we spent time with them.

Didn't get much time to work on it, though I did work a bit on the blood coming from between the armor this morning...

This thing rocks so hard...like I said..there are some parts I would do differently next time (if there is a next time) but right now I'm pretty happy with it...

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Hey great work. Like I said in my post, it was definitely worth modifying; the finished product looks 200% better. But yeah, the price is definitely a huge problem. Hell, if it looked like your modified statue, I may not mind paying as much as I did for it. But yeah, great job, I love the added blood too, absolutely gorgeous.

conan

Until next time...
thanks all...

Yeah, I didn't expect it to look anything near as good as the resin, but for a PVC plastic statue, it'll work...

I'm still a bit pissed about the cost at $70 bills though...that's a lot for a figure that needed about 10 hours worth of work...figure, after labor and all, this guy is around a $140.oo statue or so...and I only charge $7/ hour, which is cheap...

Anyhow...I like it a lot more now too, though the base could use some mods and, again, the knees didn't come out quite as I expected..

But even my dad was impressed, and he isn't even a fan of Berserk...

conan said:
thanks all...
I'm still a bit pissed about the cost at $70 bills though...

Not to rain on the parade but I always find this annoying. How can you be pissed about paying a $$ amount for something. If it was to expensive don't freakin buy it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just got my own PVC Armored Berserk statue and I have to say, despite hearing all the feedback (and joking around about modifying...or in my case, destroying...the statue), I actually like it the way it is. It's nowhere near as cool as the resin statue but it looks pretty nice on my desk. Oh well...onto buying the Flying Zodd PVC statue. :zodd:

conan

Until next time...
how can I be pissed about the $70.oo?

Cuz I didn't buy it - it was a gift from my wife...and even she was disappointed in the quality of it...

As for the DX fig, I'm leaving it "as is." Need to keep something w/o blood for my desk at school (principal would have a fit if I had a "bloody" statue/ figure on my desk in front of my students).

Top Bottom