Movies to look forward to

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I prefer this trailer for "There will be blood": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYW2ltW5SPo&mode=related&search=
Such a powerful monologue!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
The Perineum Falcon said:
While being completely irresponsible and not writing a paper due tomorrow, I've decided to begin a new topic of films that we are all looking very much forward to seeing.

I submit these:

There Will Be Blood

I'm Not There

Be Kind, Rewind

The Darjeeling Limited

The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford

No Country For Old Men (Quicktime)

Please discuss and/or post the trailers to the films you're looking forward to.

You have several posted that I'm looking forward to, especially "There Will Be Blood" and "The Darjeeling Limited."  I'll post some trailers sometime this week when I'm not at work.

I'm all for The Darjeeling Limited and No Country for Old Men. To be honest I haven't seen some of the trailers for the others, but I'll certainly check them out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been following movie projects recently, but those all look good to me, though I'm afraid "There Will Be Blood" has the potential to bore me.

it's been getting incredible reviews. I'm not saying it will be from everyone, but i've yet to hear a one word that's bad about it.
Some are saying it's the "best movie ever," you take that as you will.

you should give it a shot though, when you get a chance.;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I haven't been following movie projects recently, but those all look good to me, though I'm afraid "There Will Be Blood" has the potential to bore me.
Looks interesting to me. First movie I've looked forward to in a while...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
it's been getting incredible reviews. I'm not saying it will be from everyone, but i've yet to hear a one word that's bad about it.

Well it does look like a good movie, but I always need to make an effort to start watching those epic drama spanning changes of eras and whatnot. Usually once I'm watching it's all good though. I'm a simple guy you know, I'm fine just watching Tango & Cash. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I never believe those statements anyway, but I'm surprised it's already out. I'll keep an eye out for it here in the armpit of the South.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

While I doubt it's the "best movie ever," statements like that usually mean the movie is pretty good. I really enjoyed Daniel Day Lewis in "Gangs of New York" so I'm looking forward to his performance in "There Will Be Blood." His monologue during the trailer is very cool.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The sad thing is I can't even really find a movie I'm really looking forward to anymore; I mean, The Dark Knight maybe? And I don't think that's going to be a great film or anything. Be Kind Rewind looks interesting, but my guess is more likely bad than good, whoever's directing it (Jack Black's expiration date is past due). I liked the trailer for American Gangster, but I can take it or leave it and I most likely won't see it in theaters. I just don't go to movies anymore.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/new_wes_anderson_film

I did appreciate this when I saw it though, maybe Rane will too. =)

P.S. In the middle of writing this, I had an epic duel with a bee.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
(Jack Black's expiration date is .

Is this when the bee attacked?

And yea I really haven't enjoyed a Wes Anderson film since Tennenbaums. Life Aquatic was a huge disappointment

Griffith No More! said:
Be Kind Rewind looks interesting, but my guess is more likely bad than good, whoever's directing it
Michel Gondry.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/new_wes_anderson_film

I did appreciate this when I saw it though, maybe Rane will too. =)
ha ha, yeah. it sounds pretty accurate.

Griffith

Michel Gondry.

I know, but that guarantees nothing to me other than interesting visuals. I'm sure he's going to try to do more with it than advertised here (though again, that doesn't guarantee success), but judging from the content of the trailer you could pass Brett Ratner's name off as the director; would you still be looking forward to it then? =)

ha ha, yeah. it sounds pretty accurate.

Now that one actually looks interesting, at least it doesn't set off my bad movie alarm like Life Aquatic did. Sadly, I think I'm just a jaded moviegoer nowadays, I only see the downside, although there is none to Daniel Day-Lewis (other than possible insanity).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Sadly, I think I'm just a jaded moviegoer nowadays, I only see the downside, although there is none to Daniel Day-Lewis (other than possible insanity).
The Crucible was boring as shit, but that wasn't really his fault. Other than that, I can't think of any non-stunning performances he's given. He's one of my favorite actors (Last of the Mohicans is a guilty pleasure of mine, and is secretly one of my favorite movies... The tagline for the movie really should have been: AWESOME INDIAN ACTION! but alas.).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
The Crucible was boring as shit, but that wasn't really his fault. Other than that, I can't think of any non-stunning performances he's given. He's one of my favorite actors (Last of the Mohicans is a guilty pleasure of mine, and is secretly one of my favorite movies... The tagline for the movie really should have been: AWESOME INDIAN ACTION! but alas.).

why would Last of the Mohicans be a guilty pleasure? I really liked that movie... :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
why would Last of the Mohicans be a guilty pleasure? I really liked that movie... :judo:
It's just a pretty sappy/corny movie, but yeah it's awesome for the INDIAN ACTION!

Griffith

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/southlandtales/

Okay, I have to say, at least I'm curious and a bit disoriented.

Like, will this be the worst movie ever, or somehow not? The cast alone is literally INCONCEIVABLE!!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/southlandtales/

Okay, I have to say, at least I'm curious and a bit disoriented.

Like, will this be the worst movie ever, or somehow not? The cast alone is literally INCONCEIVABLE!!

I heard this was destroyed at Cannes, then went through heavy re-cuts and some re-shoots. So my bet is that it sucks until told otherwise

Griffith

CnC said:
I heard this was destroyed at Cannes, then went through heavy re-cuts and some re-shoots.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me, even the trailer was kind of a mess. The potential for bad here is EXTREME.

CnC said:
So my bet is that it sucks until told otherwise

Well, that's my philosophy for any upcoming movie; guilty until proven innocent! :carcus:

I really don't understand the mentality of people who think a movie is going to be great before seeing it.

No Country for Old Men is based off an excellent book by an excellent author. The movie doesnt really stray from the book at all, and its supposed to be the Coen brothers return to form, not to mention their best movie ever. Its one of the few movies that has me expecting an excellent piece all around, not to mention all the actors involved are great.

This brings me to Javier Bardem as Anton Chirgurh who supposedly puts on a preformance that should not be missed. Many are comparing him to Hannibal Lector in his madness and the carnage he puts on. Its him that has got me really interested in this movie as he's an excellent actor, and looks to have a role thats gonna take him into the stratosphere. Oh and he also uses a captive bolt pistol on people as well as a silenced shotgun which is cool in itself.

Top Bottom