NANO 2009

For all of you out there who write NANO is upon us again. NANO is held every year from Nov 1st-30th. Its a call to writers to, in those 30 days, produce 50,000 words of a novel or story. Its simply a contest against yourself. Its pretty sweet because over the year cities have set up groups that get together and work on stuff and encourage each other. I love this program it is such a wonderful challenge. It's amazing to see that you can go so much further than you really thought you could. I was wondering if anyone else was doing this? We could link up and give each other much moral support!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
That's pretty sweet. Kind of reminds me of dominance war, but for writers. : P Since you get a month to do something really spectacular for each one. I assume you're going to enter?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Sounds like quite the challenge, especially since it's smack-dab in the middle of the school year. :sad: At the very least, it'll provide an incentive for lazy slobs like me who can't usually be bothered to write on their own. :ganishka: Maybe I'll try to pop out a bit of fiction in the spirit of things. Thanks for the heads-up, Chiron!

Looks nice, but I'm not confident enought about writing 50000 words. I have more ideas for shorter prose. On the other hand I just (literally while browsing the nano site) thought of a great idea which looks a bit longer (in my head). Now I need to sign up and invent a manly barbaric name for the main protagonist. Rawr!
Guts seems to be already taken by some Miura guy. :mozgus:

Aphasia said:
That's pretty sweet. Kind of reminds me of dominance war, but for writers. : P Since you get a month to do something really spectacular for each one. I assume you're going to enter?

Yeah but every year in the past I have been in college and have failed because it coincides with massive amounts of term papers and finals prep. This year I am already failing and am finding a lack of excuses lol.

Top Bottom