New Berserk Anime for 2016

Hitoshura said:
It still looked terrible was it was better than the 1st episode only because of the pacing of it. There were still a couple of cuts, but the 2nd episode was nowhere near as crammed as the 1st episode was.
Yeah, I wasn't completely convinced when he said that, but as Walter has already mention, we'll just have to take it at face value.
Now all we need to know is if Miura is under contractual obligation to not say anything bad about how it turned out.
 
Jarlix said:
Now all we need to know is if Miura is under contractual obligation to not say anything bad about how it turned out.
I wonder what Berserk fans would say if they found out Miura actually likes this new show…
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Hitoshura said:
It still looked terrible, but it was better than the 1st episode only because of the pacing of it. There were still a couple of cuts, but the 2nd episode was nowhere near as crammed as the 1st episode was.
Alright, thanks. Unfortunately I doubt it'll ever get better in the looks department.

idi0tf0wl said:
I wonder what Berserk fans would say if they found out Miura actually likes this new show…
That he has bad taste in anime?
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
VengeanceQuest982 said:
Here are some points from Anime EXPO Panel panel with BERSERK Director
All of this was already posted and discussed pages ago. The person tweeting is forum member Hitoshura.

idi0tf0wl said:
That first tweet is so incredibly tasteless if it actually happened.
Indeed. Idiots are devoid of shame unfortunately.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Halcian said:
Did Miura approve "Oh, Tonio!" "He was a good man..."?
That line is straight from the manga. If there's a problem with it, it's with how they chose to adapt it (and leave out the rest of the scene).
 

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
The anime is doing one important thing right as of now. Being a global ad. The show´s (positive) review has been on IGN´s front page for the 2nd time over the weekend, and may continue to for 10 weeks. IGN has a Global Alexa Rank of 372 (google is No.1). There is no such thing as bad publicity.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Interview with producer of the anime Reo Kurosu, who repeats stuff we originally heard thanks to Hitoshura:

HTML:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GlRS0NGJKJ0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Wow, Hitoshura wasn't kidding, he really does speak English perfectly. That's pretty unusual for a Japanese guy. I wonder if he's from the US originally and moved to Japan for work or something.

Anyway, I'm stricken by how completely ungenuine he sounds throughout the whole thing. It sounds like he's making up all his answers as he goes while the woman tries to sell the project as hard as she can. Also, he's the one responsible for quality control? Well thanks for fucking nothing. :ganishka: I guess his sole claim to faim will have been the partnership with Crunchyroll (which is pretty cool). The best segment is when she asks about his favorite part of the series and he replies the music and sound effects (you know, the one thing we can all agree is absolutely terrible). And when she presses him on about the story he visibly struggles to remember what he's been told: "oh yeah the uhhh... Black Swordsman arc... and uhhhh another one after that." The guy clearly has no idea what Berserk is about.
 

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
I wonder if anyone recognised the guy and came up to him and asked him " why did you make such a piece of shit? " I guess it would be way too rude....
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Feeblecursedone said:
I wonder if anyone recognised the guy and came up to him and asked him " why did you make such a piece of shit? " I guess it would be way too rude....
It would be rude certainly, but that didn't stop the dweeb in the Q&A from making that idolmaster "joke." :schierke:
 
At least we now have a scapegoat to pin the blame on. I wonder how much truth there is to Miura being a big part of that first episodes writing. Because that thing is a mess when ever it tries to do anything original.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
I wonder how much truth there is to Miura being a big part of that first episodes writing. Because that thing is a mess when ever it tries to do anything original.
I doubt we will ever get any more specific information about these kinds of things. I'm amazed we know as much as we do already.
 
I don't know who to be more annoyed by. The producer, who's clearly an amateur who knows little to nothing about Berserk (let alone sound design, film editing, etc.), or the interviewer who either doesn't know what good animation is, or is lying through her teeth about enjoying the CG. I guess I'll go with the producer; at least caring isn't supposed to be in Victoria's job description.

Hearing it directly from Kurosu, I'm personally finding the whole notion of Miura working with the project "from top to bottom" doubtful. Just sounds like typical marketing speak, and he doesn't come across as very honest to me. I can't wait to see episode three now; the guy says it's "a whole new story that no one's ever seen before." But from the preview, it honestly looks more like they're just condensing more material from the manga. If that turns out to be the case, rather than something "completely original," then it'll prove that most everything he says is bullshit.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Cyrus Jong said:
the interviewer who either doesn't know what good animation is, or is lying through her teeth about enjoying the CG. I guess I'll go with the producer; at least caring isn't supposed to be in Victoria's job description.
Well she's obviously a Crunchyroll employee so shilling literally is her job description here. The whole thing is pretty awkward though, they're both completely unconvincing.

Cyrus Jong said:
Hearing it directly from Kurosu, I'm personally finding the whole notion of Miura working with the project "from top to bottom" doubtful. Just sounds like typical marketing speak, and he doesn't come across as very honest to me. I can't wait to see episode three now; the guy says it's "a whole new story that no one's ever seen before." But from the preview, it honestly looks more like they're just condensing more material from the manga. If that turns out to be the case, rather than something "completely original," then it'll prove that most everything he says is bullshit.
I'm sure Miura's overlooked the scripts and that can be seen in how faithfully they follow the manga most of the time, but the problem is that it's not what dooms this show to failure. The way the guy brandishes it is obviously an attempt to give the series a credibility with long-time fans that it can't ever hope to have.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick said:
Here is a link to the Q&A panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eie4yGFUaRE
That idolmaster moment. Welp, we've reached rock bottom, people. Ker-Plunk.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rupert Sinclair said:
I love when someone asks him about the Idea of Evil and he just struggles to respond to that. :ganishka:
Guts will... be struggling with .... his ... concept of evil... :idea:

I feel a little bad for the guy though. I mean, what a ridiculous question. "Oh yeah, that part that was cut from the manga, we're definitely including that!" Were these guys just like, bone dry on ideas?

I'd like to think the idiocy and disrespect on display wasn't necessarily representative of Berserk fans in particular, but just anime fans when they're given a microphone in front of an audience.
 
Top Bottom