Rap in Anime :P

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
.... I suppose we could just be civil and let it go here but then, not that I want to be on bad terms with you but when I argue with you I have this involuntary compulsion to keep going, particularly after your last post looks to me like a decleration of war.  ;)

Yeah, but it was after that... uh, release, I took a step back and realised we weren't being very zen. =)

I apoligize for my harsh words and foul attitude, in unfairly attacking your character I became someone I don't want to be. Forgive me.

Sparnage said:
I will say this though, maybe I am no better because I am going to buy a hard drive today rather than some new uncomfortable super baggy pants to hang almost around my ankles, constantly step on making it hard to walk with and a unnecessary 2kg chain attached, I am after all still a consumer who is consuming but I happen to have the opinion buying something more practical instead of over priced clothes for security is more rational.
Also I don't think I could never hope to be outside of conformed society unless I move into a cave in the mountains and throw rocks at people who came within viewing distance.

PS: Of course you knew I was going to get into national side of things, you dealt me the hand to blatantly play the nationality card, react as you please to this post.

Just how BIG is your hard drive? ;)

Last word!.... *runs away giggling into the wilderness*

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, but it was after that... uh, release, I took a step back and realised we weren't being very zen. =)

I apoligize for my harsh words and foul attitude, in unfairly attacking your character I became someone I don't want to be. Forgive me.

It's all good, I was hardly in the right either so there is nothing to be sorry about.
Maybe it was better if we never had such a argument, but very rarely can I have such a intense, challenging and enjoyable argument with someone, it's always fun to debate with you.

Just how BIG is your hard drive? ;)

Last word!.... *runs away giggling into the wilderness*

I got a 160 gig seagate....apparently, when it was all working it tells me it's only 135 gig. I'm a bit pissed about that, but at least there is a 80 with it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
It's all good, I was hardly in the right either so there is nothing to be sorry about.
Maybe it was better if we never had such a argument, but very rarely can I have such a intense, challenging and enjoyable argument with someone, it's always fun to debate with you.

Agreed. At least we were pushin' it to the limits, even if we got carried away.

Sparnage said:
I got a 160 gig seagate....apparently, when it was all working it tells me it's only 135 gig. I'm a bit pissed about that, but at least there is a 80 with it.

Don't feel bad, that's about the same mine tells me I have available. I've had over that much stored though, so I assume it's all there if I need it (which I probably don't). One explanation I heard when I first got it was that XP wouldn't recognize the existence of a hard drive that big; probably bullshit, but worked for me. ;D

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Regarding music Japan seems to pickup the Western music Trends a couple of decades later or so. Anime music sucks, with the exception of Berserk, Macross Plus, Lain, X, Akira, Ghost in the Shell.

ELEKTROFUNK said:
Regarding music Japan seems to pickup the Western music Trends a couple of decades later or so. Anime music sucks, with the exception of Berserk, Macross Plus, Lain, X, Akira, Ghost in the Shell.

You forgot Samurai X

I like Anime music even if it isn't anything special, I think it has just grown on me over a period of time. I dont know about Macross Plus or Lain but I agree with the rest. Also with stuff like music from Scryed, Tekkaman or the first series of Full metal alchemist was pretty cool also.

When I listen to music unless I'm playing a game or watching something I like to give my whole attention to a enjoyable song, this is my example of one.

http://gprime.net/video/blindfoldedmariopianist2.php

Anyone who hasn't seen this guy play before, check it out. Aside having a blind fold on for the first part he plays the numerious Mario songs so fucking well. Griff you could probably appreciate this one even if you are a sonic boy. ;) A sheer pleasure to watch and hear, and the last played song is incredible.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Shouki Slann said:
Initial D uses a lot of rap, in its opening and throughout the show, and I think it fits the series very well.
No, tokyopop uses alot of rap in it, and it does not fit the situation because this isn-t fast and the furious, its a story about a teenager with no ambition.

Eddie said:
No, tokyopop uses alot of rap in it, and it does not fit the situation because this isn-t fast and the furious, its a story about a teenager with no ambition.

Yup Tokyopop fuck up the dub they added horrible rap music, change the dialogue and took out the real car engine noises. I recommend watching it in japanesse with subtitles.

I liked anime music for the ten minutes or so when there was some decent metal. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I've got Led Zeppelin: The Complete Studio Recordings and the 9 disc Iron Maiden set, there's no need for new music. But, I have no taste and am stuck in about 1992.

Eddie said:

I dont know. I took it to be mainly about racing but i havent seen the whole series. The next time my friend lets me borrow it I'll watch in Japanese and see if i feel any different about it. Either way though, I can buy that those teenagers would listen to rap music. Its not outlandish or surprising to see.

ShinHell9

bph said:
I liked anime music for the ten minutes or so when there was some decent metal.  As far as I'm concerned, as long as I've got Led Zeppelin: The Complete Studio Recordings and the 9 disc Iron Maiden set, there's no need for new music.  But, I have no taste and am stuck in about 1992.
wait, the 9 disc maiden set doesn't have wasted years nor can i play with madness right? (I own all albums excluding x-factor and virtual IX cuz i hate em, so a compilation never made sense for me to buy)

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
ELEKTROFUNK said:

you forgot vampire hunter d.

Yeah, it doesn't have those. You can get it for about $35 on ebay, though, so it's still a lot of old school metal for your dollar.

ShinHell9

bph said:
Yeah, it doesn't have those.  You can get it for about $35 on ebay, though, so it's still a lot of old school metal for your dollar.
But...no wasted years or can i play with madness, thats like a dream theater compilation without Metropolis, or Innocence Faded.

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
Sparnage said:

I enjoy watching them but I can't help but worry that rap will slowly become a way of Japanese Anime creators to attract more of a young western audience.

Whats so wrong about creators wanting to attract more people.? ::) What makes you so special? Theres good and bad in every music genre. Alot of the pop and rock music in most anime sound generic and irritating.

I like how anime and manga is becoming more and more diverse.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Well there are many anime music that sort of end up hipnotizing you like the stupid eva intro song and the stupid rounin kenshin song

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Yes, odd little boxes that say to play intro music just pull string.

And anime zombies say: Oooooouuuuuaaaaaaahhhhh. Must watch, MUST WATCH.

It'd be great.

Sparnage said:

The reason why is probably because HD manufacturers are liars. Your HD has a maximum of about 140 gigs on it, and presumably you have some system software etc. on there that's taking up a few gigs.
A long time ago HD manufacturers decided they could get more money if they advertised storage incorrectly. They count a Kilobyte as 1000 bytes rather than its true value of 1024 bytes, this propogates upward, obviously, so you "lose" about 3 gigs for every 40 or so advertised gigs.

Since where talking about music in anime. Has anyone seen Paranoia Agent Directed by Satoshi Kon who's done Millenium Actress , Tokyo Godfather and Perfect Blue.

Well Susumu Hirasawa who did the music for Berserk and Mellinium Actress recently did the music for Paranoia agent tv series. So anyone who's seen this recent tv series is the music as good as it was in Berserk? I plan to buy this series later on since it has music by Susumu Hirasawa and was directed by Kon.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
there was one track that Susumu made with "Delerium"...but producers did not include it because it was "too dark"... and did not go well with the rest of the album.... does anyone here knows at least the name of this track???

Soul Blader said:
Whats so wrong about creators wanting to attract more people.? ::) What makes you so special? Theres good and bad in every music genre. Alot of the pop and rock music in most anime sound generic and irritating.

I like how anime and manga is becoming more and more diverse.

So let me get this straight; they need music on the level of what they use in stuff like Gantz and Samurai champloo (and I don't think I need to repeat the lyrics again or put myself through the torture of going through it again), the normal music anime is the bad boring stuff and the rap is good and I think I'm special for expecting better.... right.

Regardless of my opinion of general rap you are telling me that that music from those two particular Animes stated are the higher on the quality anime music list. Griff is probably right that there is ok music in such genres but I hope he wasn't refering to those two.
Fuck this wasn't worth reviving a dead thread for, nor worth dignifying with an answer really. If you want to coming into the argument this late in you might as well say something worth while that hasn't been covered from every angle a thousand times already, Congrats. ::)

Oh and if there is a Berserk second season and they use such music I will be extremely pissed.

ELEKTROFUNK said:
Well there are many anime music that sort of end up hipnotizing you like the stupid eva intro song and the stupid rounin kenshin song

From the Kenshin series I will certainly agree with you. There is certainly other shit anime music out there.

Denial said:
The reason why is probably because HD manufacturers are liars. Your HD has a maximum of about 140 gigs on it, and presumably you have some system software etc. on there that's taking up a few gigs.
A long time ago HD manufacturers decided they could get more money if they advertised storage incorrectly. They count a Kilobyte as 1000 bytes rather than its true value of 1024 bytes, this propogates upward, obviously, so you "lose" about 3 gigs for every 40 or so advertised gigs.

I don't know how it disappeared but we were able to find a extra 20 gig later on, but seeing the drive was already formatted and such the 20 gig now counts as a completely different hard drive, weird.

ShinHell9

ELEKTROFUNK said:
You only say that because you don't know about Judy and Mary. They're like I guess you may say the green day of japan, except with much more upity songs. Listen to the song again, it fits in almost perfectly with Kenshin's personality.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
too many big posts and too little time til crimson skies finishes booting (game tag Darte)

But rap is ok by me, some of it is a pleasant change, And honestly it's just part of the development, just like J-pop and other types of music. if you watch Samurai Champloo they actually do it in a nice way.

Top Bottom