Resident Evil 5

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

5clsgx.gif

zjyp2v.gif

... really? What kinda power is his hiding in those smuggled cantaloupes?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Hopefully the writers will calm down on cheesy one-liners this time.

Aw come on, maybe just one or two? That was a great trailer and the new parasite enemies look awesome! I didn't like the last line where Chris says that his last partner was a woman, it makes me sad. I'll just sit and hope for the overdue S.T.A.R.S reunion in Resident Evil 6. Thanks for the trailer.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Aw come on, maybe just one or two?

It can even be five and it'll be fine by me. It's when they amount to the whole dialogue that it starts to bother me.

The Parasites remind of the vampires off of Blade 2. I'm really liking the looks of this game. Even in the underground tunnels your swarmed with 30+ villagers. :idea:

Take a look : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34711.html?type=flv
A few elements are really obvious but some are really revelant. Like Eminem :troll:

Takeuchi's interview : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34714.html?type=flv
Finally, we gonna know more about the origins of the T-Virus Progenitor. This time, i hope this episode will contain some real exposures.

This doesn't have any thing to do with RE5 but instead RE1 the remake. I guess when CAPCOM had the captivation day thing, they made a video to promote their Pachinko machines. Its not bad. If RE Degeneration is any thing like it, I will be very pleased.

Thanks to REhorror.

http://www1.yamasa.co.jp/gcb/

Lets see here. I'm just putting a summery with theory:

RE0-T Virus / Introduced to Progenitor Virus

RE1-T Virus

RE2-T Virus / Introduced to G Virus

RE3-T Virus (I don't recall the G Virus being mentioned in the game.)

WESKERS REPORT- Progentor Virus revealed - (Along with those NEMESIS CELLS Things. Pretty much what I gather, the thing that NEMESIS is at its core, is what also came from LISA in RE1 remake.)
RE CV(X)-T Veronica Virus (I guess its the T Virus, that had infused with Alexia's body, she aged with it, while being frozen. I guess that gave her power over it?)

RE Executer- G Virus? I don't know. The original doctor, who had used it was able to control it, to point where she could pass on her genes along with the virus. Making her self aware when even in her new host? Like possession kinda I guess.

WESKERS REPORT 2-Almost all viruses are mentioned. It explains more so, that the virus origins are within Africa.

RE 4- Parasite: I forget the name of it.

RE 5-Progenitor Virus?

Thats a mess of viruses. Any how, I think in WESKERS REPORT 2 it mentions that the progenitor virus is the purest form of the both T/G/Veronica Virus's. At least its the "base" to creating those viruses. So, I wonder if the progenitor virus is actually in RE5 or if its just a key item everyone is after to get. Because I recall that someone mentioned the parasite came after a volcano erupted. I also question, if its the Progenitor Virus, for the fact: why do we see people stuffing a "Parasite" (assuming thats what it is.) down someones throat? In RE4 they had to inject it. I would guess this is just the "hard way" of giving the parasite a host. If it was a infection, would they need parasites to up their numbers? Strange.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
RE3-T Virus (I don't recall the G Virus being mentioned in the game.)

No mention of the G-Virus I think, but we're introduced to the Nemesis parasite.

Death May Die said:
WESKERS REPORT- Progentor Virus revealed - (Along with those NEMESIS CELLS Things. Pretty much what I gather, the thing that NEMESIS is at its core, is what also came from LISA in RE1 remake.)

Actually it's more convoluted than that. Lisa couldn't die because of the Progenitor virus, and when they injected the Nemesis parasite into her, it couldn't take a hold of her (this can be seen when you temporarily beat her: tentacles come out of her body, seemingly hurting her). Then Umbrella Europe used the data collected from studying how it lived and mutated inside her to create their newer version, the one to be used to create the actual Nemesis monster from RE3.

Death May Die said:
RE CV(X)-T Veronica Virus (I guess its the T Virus, that had infused with Alexia's body, she aged with it, while being frozen. I guess that gave her power over it?)

It's a variant of the T-Virus that was mutated with queen ant DNA or something of the sort. It's what Alexander Ashford was infected with. Alexia used a twist in that she injected herself with the T-Veronica virus, then cryogenized herself so that the side effects of the virus (mindlessness mostly) would be greatly reduced.

Death May Die said:
RE 4- Parasite: I forget the name of it.

"Las Plagas." I've always felt they could have put a great twist in the storyline by linking them with Nemesis. Like, Nemesis would be a mutated form of Las Plagas coupled with an organism infected by the T-Virus. However, that's apparently not what they're doing.

Death May Die said:
RE 5-Progenitor Virus?

I don't know, looks like some kind of Las Plagas to me. They do imply that the Progenitor virus will be the topic though... I hope they don't mess things up more than they already have.

Death May Die said:
Thats a mess of viruses. Any how, I think in WESKERS REPORT 2 it mentions that the progenitor virus is the purest form of the both T/G/Veronica Virus's. At least its the "base" to creating those viruses.

The T-Virus was created from the Progenitor virus, yeah (along with leech DNA, from what's said in RE0). The origins of the G-Virus were retconned in REmake if I'm not mistaken: the official line now is that Birkin found its basis within the body of Lisa, after noticing that she had developed an immunity of some sort to the Nemesis parasite.

Death May Die said:
So, I wonder if the progenitor virus is actually in RE5 or if its just a key item everyone is after to get. Because I recall that someone mentioned the parasite came after a volcano erupted. I also question, if its the Progenitor Virus, for the fact: why do we see people stuffing a "Parasite" (assuming thats what it is.) down someones throat? In RE4 they had to inject it. I would guess this is just the "hard way" of giving the parasite a host. If it was a infection, would they need parasites to up their numbers? Strange.

There's a bigger problem to me: a virus isn't a parasite. Nemesis is a parasite. Las Plagas are parasites. But the rest are viruses. It's really quite different. And I don't see how what we've seen the enemies stuffing in some poor guy's throat could be the Progenitor virus. It makes no sense, unless it's an organism infected with it or something like that, but that's far-fetched IMHO. I think we're just in for more Las Plagas, OR the writers just don't know what they're doing at all.

There is all sorts on new developments, I'll give the credit that is due and make you goes find it out for yourselves at http://www.the-horror.com/

Note: The two newer monster in the scans towards the bottom. I find the one guy with the mask that has "red glass eyes" pretty cool and somewhat familiar. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, what do you guys think of the Partner System? It all looks great to me, and I'm really anticipating the game. Less than a year to wait now! :serpico:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Well, what do you guys think of the Partner System? It all looks great to me, and I'm really anticipating the game. Less than a year to wait now! :serpico:

Yeah, that's one thing I can definitely say I enjoyed. Makes me think of scenarios in which your pinned down and you need a buddy to offer sniper support or suppression fire. I think someone would have to play decoy to avert that chainsaw wielder's (the one in the demo) attention while the other one puts shots on his body, which would make sense because you can't move and fire at the same time, so you would need another person to fire at him while you run away.

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
This game just looks more amazing with every new batch of screenshots/trailers they release! I'm no huge fan of the RE-series, but they're making it pretty hard not to be excited about this.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with RE5, but "Dead Rising" has been announced for the Nintendo Wii, if its any thing like the 360, its going to rock too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I know this doesn't have anything to do with RE5, but "Dead Rising" has been announced for the Nintendo Wii, if its any thing like the 360, its going to rock too.

Yeah I hope the port will be as good as the original, since I haven't played it more than 20 minutes.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Yeah, its a direct port so there won't be any gimmicks thrown in haphazardly, I just hope that the graphics and physics won't be neutered too harshly, it was a first generation 360 game so even porting it over to Wii shouldn't harshen the visuals too much.

Nothing like jumping a crowd of 50 to 100 zombies. Now, imagine the same thing, but take out the slow flesh eating zombies and add fast crazed parasite infected humanoids. You get RE5.

New Resident Evil Degeneration trailer
http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14269199/resident-evil-degeneration/videos/re_degeneration_072408.html
Nice to hear some old tunes. :SK:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Why are they producing what looks like a two hour Resident Evil 2 cutscene with no game? =)

Top Bottom