Resident Evil 5

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Proj2501 said:
Worst of them all who has a huge cliffhanger attached. Woe to us RE fans.

Is it a "huge" cliffhanger? I wouldn't even call it a cliffhanger, more a throwaway BS setup that obviously didn't go anywhere. I mean, Capcom barely cares about the plots of the games themselves, as evidenced by RE4's total 180 from everything previous, let alone supplemental material like the Wesker Report! *BUM BUM BUM* Anyway, here's the litmus test, if it were really a cliffhanger, they would have actually revisited or resolved it, as it stands, it wasn't even important enough to address again. So, do like Capcom, let it trouble you no more, and pray we never see or hear of Steve again. =)

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
That's why i probably stopped playing RE4, i mean, it doesn't feel like a RE game, just some action 3rd person shooter, not even that atmospheric or demanding like the others. And nowhere as creepy as CV for example, which is my favourite of the series, just a bit above RE1 and 2. That doesn't mean that RE4 is a bad game, on the contrary, it's great and fun to play. But it's not a RE game. It feels as dislocated from the series as those spin-off RE shooters.

I agree that Steve was an obnoxious kid, but i enjoyed the off beat dynamic duo that he and Claire formed.

The more videos are released for the upcoming RE5, the more disappointed i get. It feels like RE4 in Africa with co-op for that extra scary factor :schierke: Hordes of non-zombie fiends is not creepy. RE was supposed to be a suspenseful series of survival horror, not an action packed adventure. But i guess Capcom doesn't give a crap because RE4 was a success. And by reading on some forums what RE game do people like the most, i realize Capcom has their thumb in the pulse of the gaming community, and this quote by some randomn dude says it all "I never really enjoyed any of the Resident Evil games before RE4. I can't wait for RE5".

Btw i just read: R.I.P typewriter save system 1996 - 2009 :judo:
Maybe they'll change it to some trendy PDA or laptop.
What's next? Herbs and first aid sprays?

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
That's why i probably stopped playing RE4, i mean, it doesn't feel like a RE game, just some action 3rd person shooter, not even that atmospheric or demanding like the others. And nowhere as creepy as CV for example, which is my favourite of the series, just a bit above RE1 and 2.

I'll have disagree with you there, I think the game had an incredibly immersive atmosphere, superior to the others, which I also love. If it was any less creepy or scary, it's because it was action oriented and less about fearing what was around the corner and more about doing something about it. Trust me though, I witnessed first hand that it was plenty scary to those who weren't seasoned vets of the series. I guess I'm more accepting of the changes because I personally had played enough of the old style, and as much as I liked CV, it was still a disappointment after 2 and I thought its fully polygonal environments actually held it back in the atmosphere department because the graphics just weren't there yet, whereas 4 was as effective as the pre-rendered stuff for the most part, and you were literally in the middle of the action. The same goes for me accepting the action turn because I always played RE that way, I don't believe in leaving any zombie undead. =)

NightCrawler said:
I agree that Steve was an obnoxious kid, but i enjoyed the off beat dynamic duo that he and Claire formed.

Yeah, but he, Colonel Crossdresser, and Wesker were so off beat that it was a distraction to me, the initial prison stuff is awesome, but the game turns into Resident Evil: 90210, except even more grandiose. It totally lost the gritty "street level" nature of the earlier games, and while 4 suffers from the same over the top operatic storytelling and characters, it does manage to recapture some of that "down to earth" feel in the gameplay and environments.

Anyway, I don't mean to bag on it, CV is one of my favorites as well, and I'm admitedly holding it to a higher standard because I held the series to a higher standard at that point and it was the first to disappoint me, paving the way for me to just ignore the plots of later games like RE4 so I could just enjoy them for the thrills the game had to offer (and for that, the plot works as a bad action movie pastiche). I even like CV now, in some ways, because of the things I initially complained about, which add a certain over the top camp appeal, and because the fully rendered environments are unique to it. Imagine if they'd used the similar scrapped RE4 engine with Leon in the haunted castle. I think Aaz and I discussed that as much as we love 4, that could have blown it away, but might have been TOO scary, like people would have been having heart attacks. =)

NightCrawler said:
The more videos are released for the upcoming RE5, the more disappointed i get. It feels like RE4 in Africa with co-op for that extra scary factor :schierke: Hordes of non-zombie fiends is not creepy. RE was supposed to be a suspenseful series of survival horror, not an action packed adventure. But i guess Capcom doesn't give a crap because RE4 was a success. And by reading on some forums what RE game do people like the most, i realize Capcom has their thumb in the pulse of the gaming community, and this quote by some randomn dude says it all "I never really enjoyed any of the Resident Evil games before RE4. I can't wait for RE5".

Like I said, I'm all for the action switch, and if RE0 is any indication of all Capcom has to offer of the original RE style on next gen, we're not missing anything anyway (ReMake was the shit though, and 2 would be incredible, or a remake of 2 with the RE4 engine... as for the old style, I'm sure they're going to return to it in some form, I just don't think Capcom will do a story anymore that lends itself to a gritty and creepy game that I think the old REs were built on, even if they were cheesy, they were genuine horror movie cheesy). Anyway, I say play RE4 to the end and see how you like it then compared to the others, it has a lot of great and memorable moments in it.

NightCrawler said:

That is somehow disappointing, I actually thought they should have switched to computers or something around... I don't know, Resident Evil 2? But they've kept it up for so long it does beg the question, "Why now?"

P.S. Wow, that was a bigger post than I intended.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
NightCrawler said:
That's why i probably stopped playing RE4, i mean, it doesn't feel like a RE game, just some action 3rd person shooter, not even that atmospheric or demanding like the others. And nowhere as creepy as CV for example, which is my favourite of the series, just a bit above RE1 and 2. That doesn't mean that RE4 is a bad game, on the contrary, it's great and fun to play. But it's not a RE game. It feels as dislocated from the series as those spin-off RE shooters.

Have to agree with Griff here. You can't tell me the first time that you came upon the village full of deranged plaga invested citizens burning that officer on a pyre wasn't scary, or atleast unsettling especially knowing that you had to get through that area. Then there's the first time you faced the blind Garrador's, that was both creepy and a great fight. Resident evil needed an entry like 4, the series was beginning to get stale with the same old slow stupid zombies, and the zombified dogs, RE4 made me gain a whole nother respect for Capcom.

Here's hoping Zelda can change it up a little and still maintain it's greatness.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Anyway, here's the litmus test, if it were really a cliffhanger, they would have actually revisited or resolved it, as it stands, it wasn't even important enough to address again.

Maybe in RE5!! Or RE6! :void:

NightCrawler said:

I think it's bullshit to say it's not a real RE game. Sounds like the folks that just won't accept that the broken mechanics of yore had done their time. Realistically, the series was dying with Code Veronica, it was starting to run around in circles. While RE4 was sorely lacking as far as the scenario goes, it truly did revive the series and was an improvement over the others in many ways. I think what bothers you and some others is that the game is very action-oriented. It's fast-paced and not just about running around a desk to escape three slow moving zombies anymore. It also featured very little backtracking compared to the earlier games.

Personally I believe that if RE4 had been a more traditional RE game, keeping the old mechanics, it'd have mostly been a critical and financial disappointment.

NightCrawler said:

The coop is a great addition IMO. It's going to be so fun. I'm pumped for it. And the atmosphere can still be tense even if you're playing with a friend. As for what the RE series is supposed to be, I'd say that its creators know it well enough. Your argument doesn't hold to me: Capcom made RE4 while the series was declining because the creators knew it needed change. They felt it was necessary. The acclaim RE4 received is just a natural result of their efforts, and it's logical they would continue using that format for the sequels. You're blaming the change of style on Capcom following the public's demands, but they're the ones that changed the formula in the first place without asking for anyone's opinion.

NightCrawler said:

Nope, it'll be just checkpoints according to what I read a few days ago. Which I personally don't mind. The typewriters are a fond memory, but they limit the gameplay at times. As long as the saferooms remain whenever possible (i.e. not while in a hot pursuit in the desert) I'll be satisfied. Those rooms are what really matter to me.

Griffith said:
Imagine if they'd used the similar scrapped RE4 engine with Leon in the haunted castle. I think Aaz and I discussed that as much as we love 4, that could have blown it away, but might have been TOO scary, like people would have been having heart attacks. =)

Yeah, my stance on it is that I wouldn't have wanted that game to replace RE4, but that I'd love a new one to come out following that formula. I won't choose, I want it all! :guts:

Griffith said:
ReMake was the shit though, and 2 would be incredible, or a remake of 2 with the RE4 engine...

As much as I love REmake, I have to say that I think RE: Director's Cut is superior to it in various ways. It was so well done that some of the changes in REmake seemed somehow detrimental.

NightCrawler

Griffith said:
Yeah, but he, Colonel Crossdresser, and Wesker were so off beat that it was a distraction to me, the initial prison stuff is awesome, but the game turns into Resident Evil: 90210, except even more grandiose. It totally lost the gritty "street level" nature of the earlier games, and while 4 suffers from the same over the top operatic storytelling and characters, it does manage to recapture some of that "down to earth" feel in the gameplay and environments.

Although i haven't played it to the end, RE4 feels like an action comic book. I don't want to play a RE game with friends where we high-five eachother while decapitating some guy. And how does having almost unlimited ammo and simplistic puzzles increases the atmosphere? And Leon or should i call him Dante, the ultimate badass, or the midget and the giant, please don't get me started with these super hero BD characters (i bet you'll enjoy the new Chris super punches that take out half-dozen enemies). It totally looses touch with the series sci-fi realistic storyline/environment, and destroys any sense of despair you might feel. I couldn't connect with them, even though previous RE characters were over the top, there was always something human about them that immersed you in the story. You can complain about the twins in CV, but i found them genuinely creepy (that's some classic B-horror movie storyline there). And the scenarios, the settings... i will never forget the first time you enter the Dollhouse, i had to pause and think to myself "omfg i'm gonna shit myself"... incredible music, top-notch camera angles (always ending in some creepy dolls eyes), seriously, just listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otX49nezeM&feature=related or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIA6YRNXJns (minor chord progression is EVIL). It was bleak and scary, your character was no kung-fu one-liner badass, and you actually felt that your life was at risk there. Actual danger!

Imagine if they'd used the similar scrapped RE4 engine with Leon in the haunted castle. I think Aaz and I discussed that as much as we love 4, that could have blown it away, but might have been TOO scary, like people would have been having heart attacks. =)

How is that a bad thing?
Are you talking about this? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg
The paranormal stuff is kinda meh (borrowing too much from Sillent Hill), but the cinematic camera movements à lá CV are awesome! The lightning, the graphics, everything in that clip is so much more atmospheric and gripping than RE4: DMC.
Just remember the feeling you had in CV when you entered that same room but now the camera was in a different position than before and you knew something bad was about to happen. How tense was that? That was survival horror!

I just don't think Capcom will do a story anymore that lends itself to a gritty and creepy game that I think the old REs were built on, even if they were cheesy, they were genuine horror movie cheesy).

Yeah, gothic sci-fi classic horror with zombies. These new RE are like... the RE movies.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
Although i haven't played it to the end, RE4 feels like an action comic book. I don't want to play a RE game with friends where we high-five eachother while decapitating some guy. And how does having almost unlimited ammo and simplistic puzzles increases the atmosphere? And Leon or should i call him Dante, the ultimate badass, or the midget and the giant, please don't get me started with these super hero BD characters

Well, those could be fair points, I certainly didn't like what they did to Leon, him being my favorite character, but you're also obviously just dumping on it (I know, I do that all the time =) for it's differences with the previous games and ignoring what it has in common with them, or even does better. Like I said, it had excellent environments and atmosphere, and the superior interaction with enemies and face to face combat was a breath of fresh air after years of the old walking into a room with three zombies, or, at this point, what I was all too aware was just three clumsy enemy AI's placed in another video game room. Anyway, I don't say that to disparage the old REs, that's just what happens when you get used to something, and 4 still can't touch 2 for me, and really, I don't even look at 4 in the same way I do 2 or CV or ReMake. In that sense you're right that it's not really like the old RE games, the difference is I'm choosing to accept and enjoy it for the different experience it has to offer instead of holding that against it. If it's like a totally different game like you say, don't judge it so much against the others.

NightCrawler said:
(i bet you'll enjoy the new Chris super punches that take out half-dozen enemies).

Did I say something to cause you to characterize me this way? Was I somehow disrespectful in my discussion with you? Like I said, it wasn't my intent to tear apart Code Veronica, it's one of my favorites as well, I was just pointing out that its atmosphere, quality, and effectiveness is certainly as subjective as RE4's. I'll also point out that CV suffered for me because of that exact same superhero complaint with Chris, and even Claire too (which absolutely went against what her and Leon stood for in 2, and which was continued in 4). So, don't put that all on RE4, because it started with CV.

Tit for tat troll toss in: I'm sorry if clean looking, low res texture, Nintendo 64 polygon environments and blue graphics fog don't have me shitting my pants.
Oh yeah, take THAT Code Veronica! :troll:

NightCrawler said:
It totally looses touch with the series sci-fi realistic storyline/environment, and destroys any sense of despair you might feel. I couldn't connect with them, even though previous RE characters were over the top, there was always something human about them that immersed you in the story. You can complain about the twins in CV, but i found them genuinely creepy (that's some classic B-horror movie storyline there). And the scenarios, the settings... i will never forget the first time you enter the Dollhouse, i had to pause and think to myself "omfg i'm gonna shit myself"... incredible music, top-notch camera angles (always ending in some creepy dolls eyes), seriously, just listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otX49nezeM&feature=related or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIA6YRNXJns (minor chord progression is EVIL). It was bleak and scary, your character was no kung-fu one-liner badass, and you actually felt that your life was at risk there. Actual danger!

All fair points, but that's why I don't take RE4 that seriously, I even told you I was holding CV to a higher standard. My point is that it is a different thing, and quite enjoyable when you take it as it is instead of wanting it to be something it clearly is not.

NightCrawler said:
How is that a bad thing?

Well, aside from the possible real-life deaths in that scenario, I was complimenting it. =)

NightCrawler said:
Yeah, gothic sci-fi classic horror with zombies. These new RE are like... the RE movies.

I said it myself, RE4 is a bad action movie pastiche, but it's also a helluva lot of fun.

BTW 'Crawler, out of curiosity, where exactly were you in RE4? And why aren't you playing Mega Man 9!? =)

NightCrawler

Dude, nothing personal, of course RE4 is an excellent action/adventure game, but not a good survival horror game, which for me, is what Resident Evil is all about.

EDIT: I can't remember correctly because i haven't played for 6 months probably. I think i was escorting the president's daughter to the CHOPPAH or something like that.
As for Mega Man, i have no history with that franchise.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
EDIT: I can't remember correctly because i haven't played for 6 months probably. I think i was escorting the president's daughter to the CHOPPAH or something like that.

Well, that's pretty damn early on still, like in the Village? The game's huge, so it would be worth your while to play through the rest, you might even see something you like. =)

NightCrawler said:
As for Mega Man, i have no history with that franchise.

:judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Although i haven't played it to the end, RE4 feels like an action comic book. [...] And how does having almost unlimited ammo and simplistic puzzles increases the atmosphere? And Leon or should i call him Dante, the ultimate badass, or the midget and the giant, please don't get me started with these super hero BD characters

Hahaha, because Chris isn't a super cheesy American action hero in Code Veronica maybe? Complete with climbing a cliff and losing his ammo pack in the introduction. Straight out of Rambo: First Blood Part II. Now I have to admit, all those super hard puzzles in CV... Whew, take out the wings on the firefly to make a key! That's a hard one!

NightCrawler said:
It totally looses touch with the series sci-fi realistic storyline/environment, and destroys any sense of despair you might feel.

Yeah, unlike that time Chris used a VTOL jet plane to follow Claire to Antartica. That was so realistic and all.

NightCrawler said:
The paranormal stuff is kinda meh (borrowing too much from Sillent Hill), but the cinematic camera movements à lá CV are awesome! The lightning, the graphics, everything in that clip is so much more atmospheric and gripping than RE4: DMC.

I fail to see how it borrows from Silent Hill. Simply having paranormal stuff happen isn't quite enough to say that. And please, if anything, DMC should be likened to RE4 and not the other way around.

handsome rakshas said:
Thanks for the video Nightcrawler, I've never seen that before. Very creepy, even the fireplace wants to kill you! Ghost zombies are quite strange though.

Funny you hadn't seen that, it's famous and I'm quite sure I've linked all the videos before. Anyway, the fact it doesn't work well with the idea of biological weapons is probably one of the reasons it was canned. Still hoping for a revival as a spin-off or a different franchise here.

NightCrawler said:

You really shouldn't be talking about the game's atmosphere and creepiness before seeing the regenerators.

Aazealh said:
You really shouldn't be talking about the game's atmosphere and creepiness before seeing the regenerators.

THANK YOU! I was just about to write a book on the genius of the regenerators, but I guess I don't need to now. Those guys are what pushed RE4 over from a good game to a great game for me.

For me, the great thing about RE4 was that it was more of a shotgun blast than a mortar shell. It contained many little elements that, taken alone, wouldn't be that impressive but as a whole was amazing. The nature of Las Plagas. Dr. Salvador. The Garradors. Luis Sera. The helicopter fight. The Merchant. The depth, detail, and atmosphere of the various surroundings. The regenerators.

Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. For me, Resident Evil 2 did, and probably will always, reign supreme, but Resident Evil 4 is second best. I know I'm going to get stoned for this, but I honestly like Las Plagas a lot more than zombies.

NightCrawler

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, because Chris isn't a super cheesy American action hero in Code Veronica maybe? Complete with climbing a cliff and losing his ammo pack in the introduction. Straight out of Rambo: First Blood Part II.
Yeah, unlike that time Chris used a VTOL jet plane to follow Claire to Antartica. That was so realistic and all.

Thanks for reminding me why all my fond memories of playing RE games don't involve Chris.
Like i said before i prefer a female lead in these games, and Leon to some extent in RE2, when he was believable as a rookie cop.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
I know I'm going to get stoned for this, but I honestly like Las Plagas a lot more than zombies.

For shame...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El Gaucho Rojo said:
THANK YOU! I was just about to write a book on the genius of the regenerators, but I guess I don't need to now. Those guys are what pushed RE4 over from a good game to a great game for me.

Yeah they were great all around. They're definitely among my all time favorite RE enemies.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
For me, the great thing about RE4 was that it was more of a shotgun blast than a mortar shell. It contained many little elements that, taken alone, wouldn't be that impressive but as a whole was amazing. The nature of Las Plagas. Dr. Salvador. The Garradors. Luis Sera. The helicopter fight. The Merchant. The depth, detail, and atmosphere of the various surroundings. The regenerators.

I think it's worth mentioning how varied the surroundings are. No other RE game has so many different locations. Props for mentioning the Merchant as well, I love this guy. Hope he's back in RE5, even though that'd make no sense.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
I know I'm going to get stoned for this, but I honestly like Las Plagas a lot more than zombies.

Apparently RE5 will have various BOWs from pre-RE4 games. Maybe we won't have to choose between zombies and Las Plagas monsters. :guts:

Guts intestines

NightCrawler said:
Although i haven't played it to the end, RE4 feels like an action comic book. I don't want to play a RE game with friends where we high-five eachother while decapitating some guy. And how does having almost unlimited ammo and simplistic puzzles increases the atmosphere? And Leon or should i call him Dante, the ultimate badass, or the midget and the giant, please don't get me started with these super hero BD characters (i bet you'll enjoy the new Chris super punches that take out half-dozen enemies). It totally looses touch with the series sci-fi realistic storyline/environment, and destroys any sense of despair you might feel. I couldn't connect with them, even though previous RE characters were over the top, there was always something human about them that immersed you in the story. You can complain about the twins in CV, but i found them genuinely creepy (that's some classic B-horror movie storyline there). And the scenarios, the settings... i will never forget the first time you enter the Dollhouse, i had to pause and think to myself "omfg i'm gonna shit myself"... incredible music, top-notch camera angles (always ending in some creepy dolls eyes), seriously, just listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otX49nezeM&feature=related or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIA6YRNXJns (minor chord progression is EVIL). It was bleak and scary, your character was no kung-fu one-liner badass, and you actually felt that your life was at risk there. Actual danger!

How is that a bad thing?
Just remember the feeling you had in CV when you entered that same room but now the camera was in a different position than before and you knew something bad was about to happen. How tense was that? That was survival horror!

I really don't understand why you feel this way. To me RE4 automatically beats it's predeccessors in the survival horror category just by offering the sort of AI that it does, the enemy will actually try to surround you, when you climb up a ladder they'll follow so no more picking off enemies from up on high till your hearts content, the enemies are so scary smart that there was then one time when a ganado grabbed me at low health long enough for a chainsaw maniac to decapitate me before I recovered, and I saw it coming too, that's pretty thrilling in my book. Then if you play the game on any difficulty, especially expert you have to micromanage you attache case and every bit of ammo you get, which is another must for a good survivor horror game then there's how you also have to worry about Ashley whenever you encounter enemies, which was a very welcome change of pace. To your argument about Leon being badass, well he is, but he's far from invincible, chieftain Mendez had many opportunies to snap Leon's neck, and Leon barely escaped each time,
Krauser
was another worthy advesary. So I guess you're complaining about the roundhouses, mulekicks, and suplexes, well this Leon's second encounter with some completely weird shit, he better be a little battle-hardened, with out some of his athleticism, I'd probably just think he's some kind of pussy with weird bangs, none of the things he did was impossible, his round-house kicks were maybe a little over powered by the games physics, but your enemies had to be stunned when you did them anyway, the only part that was really over the top but not impossible was the
laser
part, but that was so BA that Leon instantly became my favorite RE character. He doesn't lose his human weakness at all, he gets injected in the game, he falls down pits and barely survives, he nearly gets his neck broken multiple times, he almost gets pulled down under a lake, he gets tied up and has to use a well placed kick from ending up losing his head.

I love that CV camera comment, but have to wonder how much of that was done intentionally, bottomline is that the CV camera was fucked up, RE4 actually had a working camera.

NightCrawler

Guts' intestines said:
I love that CV camera comment, but have to wonder how much of that was done intentionally, bottomline is that the CV camera was fucked up, RE4 actually had a working camera.

I'm sorry but you believe that the camera angle switching dramatically when some fucked up thing was about to happen wasn't intentional? That game had my favourite camera movements and positions in a RE game, followed by the REmake. I love cinematic angles and dolly shots, and RE4 although more practical, is piss poor in that regard and definitely not for my taste as Horror gaming is concerned. It improves gameplay, but it's aesthetically a lazy concept. Call me old fashioned.

Aazealh said:
Yeah they were great all around. They're definitely among my all time favorite RE enemies.

I think it's worth mentioning how varied the surroundings are. No other RE game has so many different locations. Props for mentioning the Merchant as well, I love this guy. Hope he's back in RE5, even though that'd make no sense.

Apparently RE5 will have various BOWs from pre-RE4 games. Maybe we won't have to choose between zombies and Las Plagas monsters. :guts:

I agree with everything you say, Aaz. RE5 seems like it's going to be so good I'd be an idiot to miss it... Which means I'll have to get a new gaming system. *sigh* :ganishka:

You brought up a really good idea (earlier in this thread, I think) about being disappointed that the Las Plagas didn't have a connection to the Nemesis parasite. The more I think about that, the more I like it. Maybe they'll connect the two somehow in this game.

Guts intestines

NightCrawler said:
I'm sorry but you believe that the camera angle switching dramatically when some fucked up thing was about to happen wasn't intentional? That game had my favourite camera movements and positions in a RE game, followed by the REmake. I love cinematic angles and dolly shots, and RE4 although more practical, is piss poor in that regard and definitely not for my taste as Horror gaming is concerned. It improves gameplay, but it's aesthetically a lazy concept. Call me old fashioned.
I didn't like how in the olden days the camera felt so clunky and broken, there were times where the fixed angles would end up getting me attacked by a zombie that a regular camera would have allowed me to see, I don't think its laziness, a fully adjustable camera is harder to put in a game then a fixed one, and it makes gameplay sooo much better.

And sorry Aaz, I heard that the game won't have you buying weapons from a vendor, so that pretty much eliminates the possibility of us hearing the old, "Ello stranga, got some rare things on sale." I wonder how many people shot one of those merchants...

NightCrawler

Guts' intestines said:
I didn't like how in the olden days the camera felt so clunky and broken, there were times where the fixed angles would end up getting me attacked by a zombie that a regular camera would have allowed me to see, I don't think its laziness, a fully adjustable camera is harder to put in a game then a fixed one, and it makes gameplay sooo much better.

I wonder if you have actually played Code Veronica. I doubt it.

i was thinking if chris had that machete from the gameplay vids in the original resident evil it wouldve saved a lot of ammo. i would think most zombies would take one whack on the head or too 2 die. i think if re 1 had re4 gameplay it be so easy to beat. headshots wouldve been easy. but if you think about it if you were trapped in a mansion with a pistol it be easy to get headshot cuz most battles were so close quarters.actually if you were well prepared it be fun going through that house and immune to t virus

Guts intestines

NightCrawler said:
I wonder if you have actually played Code Veronica. I doubt it.

It was one of the few games I owned for Dreamcast, along with Powerstone 2, sonic adventure, and NBA 2k. I just hated how the camera would switch fixed angles, it just felt akward to me, I wouldn't make statements about the game had I not played it.

Top Bottom