SkullKast 146: Desperate Attack (Vol 32-1)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 146: Desperate Attack (Vol 32-1) (1h17m)

The unprecedented team up of Zodd and Guts is able to vanquish Ganishka in Vritannis. And outside the city walls, the surprise Kushan assault hits the Holy See Alliance squarely when they're in the midst of chaos.

Like the show and want to support our translation efforts? Starting at $5 a month, you can listen to more than 30 mini-podcasts—with new releases each month. Check out the details on our Patreon!

Latest Minipod—#31: Berserk Christmas Lists
What would we offer various Berserk characters for Christmas? Listen to what we came up with and chime in with your own ideas!

Use a podcast app on your phone? You can search for us there or simply copy+paste the link in the image below!

That panel of Guts falling back sleep again even tho Griffith is within sight really stuck to me. Like normally Guts would Just once again force himself back to stand up and yet he seems to concede to his injuries/Tiredness of course we all know Griffith never leaves his mind even in Skellig.
Also it was not mentioned but any follow up thoughts on Sonia's Prophecy? Guts being Zodd's Counterpart and Zodd drawn to Guts? Is it just because Guts and SK are the two beings that gives thrill Zodd in a Battle?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Also it was not mentioned but any follow up thoughts on Sonia's Prophecy? Guts being Zodd's Counterpart and Zodd drawn to Guts? Is it just because Guts and SK are the two beings that gives thrill Zodd in a Battle?

Beware of overinterpreting translations. The word used in Japanese for what DH translated as "counterpart" (相手) does not imply any deeper meaning. It simply means "the other party" in this context. As for yearning for Guts or admiring him, yes it refers to the fact Zodd wants to fight him again and has taken a special interest in him.

Ahh you all discussed the episode where Miura drew the cochlea. My avatar also. I couldn’t believe it when I first read this episode in 2016. I did not know much about the author of Berserk at the time other than that he was an exceptional artist. But this level of flexing on drawing human anatomy propelled him to new levels for me personally. What Irivine does with his arrows is ridiculous. Comical almost. But I love it. I imagine Miura thought "When else would I get a chance to draw these things?" He couldn't have used a better vehicle.

Top Bottom