So is Zodd stronger than Grunbled?

Do1

Suicidal attempts: 1
Possible.
Long time no read.
how I miss those times.. Guts was young, and so was I.
The long nights we travled together, into the horrors.
He fought, I watched. He loved, I cried.
:<

Hey.. now that I think about it.
how many times was Casca a victim to rapes/attampted rapes in the manga?
10? more? o0
daaamn, that woman had it rough.
No wonder she went all crazy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Volume 11 indeed.

Do1 said:
He uses a sword, and hammers>>>>>swords.
HAMMERS!!!

Yeah ok, only Guts' sword broke his hammer. No need to post if it's to bring that kind of argumentation.

Do1

Suicidal attempts: 1
If Guts had a hammer... he whould break Grun hammer.. sooner?

Bah, hammers are cooler.
That's all.

plus, the critical dmg is x3.
mm, yeah, you are right.
forgot that I like great swords better.
with keen and some critical feats, and you've got yourself some 15-20/x2 ownage.

Do you know what's cool? a dwarf with a greatsword.
Damn, that is just wierd.

Anyway, Did you expect Guts' sword to break?
He is the main character, and his sword.. is like.. defining him. No way in hell it whould break.
unless the mangaka whould want some big change, and a plot twist.
GUTS BROKE SWORD! GUTS MUST FIX/GET NEW SWORD FROM LEGENDERY BLACKSMITH.
or something like that =|

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Do1 said:
If Guts had a hammer... he whould break Grun hammer.. sooner?

The word "whould" doesn't exist.

Do1 said:
Bah, hammers are cooler.
That's all.

As I said, don't post if it's to say that.

Do1 said:
plus, the critical dmg is x3.

We're not on a D&D board.

Do1 said:
with keen and some critical feats, and you've got yourself some 15-20/x2 ownage.

Do1 said:
Do you know what's cool? a dwarf with a greatsword.
Damn, that is just wierd.

You know what? You're totally off-topic.

Do1 said:
Anyway, Did you expect Guts' sword to break?

It wouldn't be the first time.

Do1 said:
He is the main character, and his sword.. is like.. defining him. No way in hell it whould break.

He's broken his sword before.

Now stop posting irrelevant stuff please.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
He is right on this... all of us would never exact DS to break... I mean that his final sword unless Muira decided to give him a BIGGER one  :eek:

But his sword has broken before, and you didn't expect it to break when it did. That makes his point totally irrelevant in the context.

Aazealh said:
But his sword has broken before, and you didn't expect it to break when it did.

That doesnt apply to me... I know eventually he will change sword or it will break...

This might apply also to those who watch Berserk from vol 1, and not from vol 4...

Kagami

Goo!
So wyld is cock tongue.... i see... I guess I really don't remember names that well. Did he turn into a furry fella or something? bah...

but on this topic of the possibility of Guts losing another sword in battle, I think that it WILL be likely to happen at the end of the series. It happened in a pretty important battle last time against a pretty tough human. No human could bust his sword now, but thats not what he needs to worry about fighting. Just a guess... and this is speculation nation... yeah.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
It happened in a pretty important battle last time against a pretty tough human.

Last time it happened against an apostle at Godot's house, it was the one-hand sword Godot had designed for Guts (the one that cut through an anvil). And before that it was against Wyald, another apostle. You were thinking of Boscone I guess.

Guts sword broke 4 times if i remeber correctly...

First battle with Boscone, then broke once more during training near Godo place, 3rd time break when he battle Wyld, and finally break again while fighting the Bullpig apostle

Kagami

Goo!
He busted it 4 times? wow. Yeah, i didn't know aboot those others...

so, Bos, Wyld, Tree, Godododo area with one handed sword, and thats all of em?

Kagami said:
He busted it 4 times? wow. Yeah, i didn't know aboot those others...

so, Bos, Wyld, Tree, Godododo area with one handed sword, and thats all of em?

He busted again back in the eclipse, but i dun count that as his own sword

Kagami

Goo!
Thats right, didn't he also bust up his little knife he had?

on the note of the eclipse, didn't anyone else find it odd that Guts hacked his arm off with the BROKEN end of the sword instead of trying to slice it off?

that always confused me, I mean, unless he digs S&M or something like that.

der.... too much pain.... ugh.

Kagami said:
on the note of the eclipse, didn't anyone else find it odd that Guts hacked his arm off with the BROKEN end of the sword instead of trying to slice it off?

that always confused me, I mean, unless he digs S&M or something like that.

der.... too much pain.... ugh.

That would have been easier if it was longer so he could put more momentum into the slash, but as you said it was broke which would make a clean cut from a side cut harder to put force behind it. Makes sense to me.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
In addition to that, if he were only to slice the arm, the bone would not break, but by bashing it, it eventually broke through the bone. Which was his major hurdle in the process.

Just a question: Did he purposely break the sword? Or he was trying to pierce Volkov the apostle but eventually the sword break and he had to amputate his arm to free himself?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Sorry if this was stated in another thread (or even this), but who the hell is Volkov the apostle? I know its not in the manga.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
Sorry if this was stated in another thread (or even this), but who the hell is Volkov the apostle? I know its not in the manga.

Not in the manga? ::)

Episode 235, page 12. Locus orders an apostle called Volkov (not confirmed to be the official spelling) to break the walls. It appears that he was the apostle that bit Guts' arm back then, during the Occultation.

Do1 said:
forgot that I like great swords better.

Actually, you cant stack the keen enhancement and the improved critical feat.

it would stay as a 17-20/x2... which sucks...

but like Aaz said.

Aazealh said:

So Im gonna shut up now... :-X

PS: Sorry Aaz, I am a D&D freak and I just HAD to answer... ;)

Guts does indeed seem to have a knack at breaking his sword, but he has never broken the dragonslayer. If that would happen(0.0000 %probability) my eyes would literally pop out.

Khorne said:
Guts does indeed seem to have a knack at breaking his sword, but he has never broken the dragonslayer. If that would happen(0.0000 %probability) my eyes would literally pop out.

I wouldn't be so certain of that, In only a few years of using the sword he has had some major visible cracks and damage to it before bringing it back to Godo to repair, and it's been a while since it's been repaired. Lately it has taken a few major blows and probably be getting more and more damaged (Gurunberds hammer among so much else) and has yet to go back in for maintenance. Gurunberd commented on being surprised that it didn't break, doesn't mean he didn't damage it.

I don't think it will happen any time shortly and he may get it repaired some time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen before the epic ends. As you said it would be shocking to see it happen, many other fans would think the same thing if they saw the DS break but unpredictable parts in stories are always intriguing....

Top Bottom