Something just hit me

I

Italian_demon

Jon the Madman said:
Its funny how everyone disagrees with Sparnage when he is right.  ;D

Well so far i feel more everyone almost, disagree with me....

But all of this i write are just theories ;)

Woland said:
Zodd was there because he figured Skully would show up.

Maybe....... or maybe cause he was hoping Skully would show up...... ;)

Jon the Madman said:
Its funny how everyone disagrees with Sparnage when he is right.  ;D

Heh, it's good to have people agree with your point, but if everyone did that would certainly take the fun out of being here. ;)

Italian_demon said:
Maybe....... or maybe cause he was hoping Skully would show up...... ;)

Zodd to Skully: "I knew you would show, I didn't think you would miss this chance."

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
Zodd to Skully: "I knew you would show, I didn't think you would miss this chance."

Yes, that i knew, it can very easily mean, i was strongly convinced and hoping you'd show off.......... (to save one potential "Strong one"... if my theory is correct of course...)

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
This all goes deep and im just reviewing everything and wow, i still missed alot. this makes me anxious to look for even the little stuff between zodd and skullknight.

Do u guy know more on skull knights past? we know he was once the emperor that united the first kindom and after him every thing goes blank.... Does anyone know what happned to him to make him what he is in the current episodes?

As for Guts well, is it likely that he is going on the same path as sk?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Record Low said:
Do u guy know more on skull knights past?

Not really. He and Flora were close in their youth, and he wore the Berserk's armor at some point, but that's about it.

Record Low said:
we know he was once the emperor that united the first kindom

Or rather we strongly suspect that he was Gaiseric.

Record Low said:
Does anyone know what happned to him to make him what he is in the current episodes?

As for Guts well, is it likely that he is going on the same path as sk?

We don't know how he became like he is. And as for Guts following the same path it's probably true in a way, but we don't know much about it either. Revelations are yet to come.

About Guts following SK's path there is a dialogue between SK and Zodd at the Tree House.

Zodd sees Guts defeating an Apostle while wearing the berserker's armor.
Zodd looks at Sk and asks him: "Are you making him follow your steps to hell?"

Sk does not reply.

My memory is kinda bad now.. lol

Aazealh check it out.. :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Zodd looks at Sk and asks him: "Are you making him follow your steps to hell?"

Yeah, he doesn't exactly say this but that's the gist of it.

fuxberg said:
My memory is kinda bad now.. lol

Aazealh check it out.. :isidro:

Well, the translations are all on the board you know, feel free to check them out. And I hadn't forgotten about that line when I posted. :SK:

I always wondered if Apostles had to show up at the Eclipse? I mean Zodd was somehow exempt from showing up, though I'm guessing it was to make sure SK didnt interupt. However I wonder (and I know they probably werent even invented yet) if the likes of Ganishka were at the Eclipse? He already does his own thing against everything we've seen apostles doing, I wonder if he didnt go or what.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
I always wondered if Apostles had to show up at the Eclipse? I mean Zodd was somehow exempt from showing up, though I'm guessing it was to make sure SK didnt interupt.

Nah, from what Zodd says he just stayed outside to wait for him, since he's only interested in fighting strong opponents. The God Hand didn't expect SK to show up.

HawaiianStallion said:
I wonder (and I know they probably werent even invented yet) if the likes of Ganishka were at the Eclipse? He already does his own thing against everything we've seen apostles doing, I wonder if he didnt go or what.

I don't think he went. I don't think Locus, Grunberd, Irvine or Rakshas went either. There could be a lot of reasons, but for now I'd think it's like Griffith's apostle army. It's a big party that every apostle would naturally want to go to, but some of them aren't interested, or live too far away, etc.

Well that was another thing I was wondering about. Did the apostles have to physically travel to the place where the eclipse were to take place or where they just sort of transported there when it was time. There was no real hint that apostles were waiting around in the surroundings for the Griffith to begin the ceremony, they just sort appeared after it began.

Also I would also reason the likes of Locus, Grunbeld and others didnt go because just killing and eating human's doesnt exactly seem to be their thing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
There was no real hint that apostles were waiting around in the surroundings for the Griffith to begin the ceremony, they just sort appeared after it began.

Wrong, you see them in the lake before the Occultation ceremony begins (in their human forms). You also see the Snake Baron, the Snail Count, Rochine and her guardians travelling to get there. :SK:

Kyosuke said:
Kinda like reservations, or a Birthday party invitation or something?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fun for the whole family!"
"You are cordially invited to attend the Eclipse Pagaman-jammy-jam. Party will start at 5PM *sharp*, followed by feast of human flesh at 6PM, after party entertainment and drinks in the form of the "not-to-be missed" hilarious highjinks of "The Struggler" including the sacrifice and desecration of everything the infamous "Band of the Hawks" hold dear!

Party will culminate in what I know you've all been waiting for... the triumphant ascension of the 5th and final Godhand!!! w00t!

**Including special guest apearence by none that Skullkinght himself!**

Please RSVP no later than Friday the 13th.

lmao :)

See you there,

Idea of Evil

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Unless I'm mistkaken, didn't all of the God Hand's Apostles (Disciples, Angels, Demon, Cronies) gather for the ceremony? Doesn't it then seem logical that they would be there to devour the Hawks?

Where are they getting that where do demons go to die stuff?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Femto the Raven said:
all of the God Hand's Apostles gather for the ceremony?

Well, no. Many but not all. Ganishka being an easy counter-example, and I think we can safely assume that he wasn't there.

Femto the Raven said:
(Disciples, Angels, Demon, Cronies)

What? Is something confusing you?

Femto the Raven said:
Where are they getting that where do demons go to die stuff?

What? Apostles join the Vortex of Souls when they die.

Aazealh said:
Wrong, you see them in the lake before the Occultation ceremony begins (in their human forms). You also see the Snake Baron, the Snail Count, Rochine and her guardians travelling to get there. :SK:

I just went back and read through volume 11 and I guess its a little to inconclusive as to whether they physically traveled there or not as the eclipse had started before we're shown the apostles all standing around as the beherit had already begun to change and the sun had already been completely blocked out. Not to mention we're given several wide vistas showing nothing but Griffith's bleeding form aside from the quickly converging hawks.

Not sure about the Slug Count or any of the others traveling there but I guess its as possible as the other ideas, though I dont think Rochinu was going there, looked like she was collecting bodies for to transform into gaurdians of the misty valley.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
I just went back and read through volume 11 and I guess its a little to inconclusive as to whether they physically traveled there or not as the eclipse had started before we're shown the apostles all standing around as the beherit had already begun to change and the sun had already been completely blocked out.

You mean volume 12? And I don't see what's inconclusive about this. While the solar eclipse had started, the apostles were still in the real world, in the lake and hills nearby. I don't see how they're supposed to have been transported there otherwise, nothing indicates it. As soon as the beherit fully transformed the supernatural phenomena started, but before that it's just the sun being obscured. Guts noticing them all of a sudden is also because the eclipse had monopolized his attention (and the others') at first. That gave them more than enough time to gather close to Griffith.

HawaiianStallion said:
Not to mention we're given several wide vistas showing nothing but Griffith's bleeding form aside from the quickly converging hawks.

No, there's really just one shot (not so clear) of that part of the lake and hills, and it's in the previous episode, just after Griffith fails to kill himself. The rest of the shots carefully avoid showing it.

HawaiianStallion said:
Not sure about the Slug Count or any of the others traveling there but I guess its as possible as the other ideas, though I dont think Rochinu was going there, looked like she was collecting bodies for to transform into gaurdians of the misty valley.

Well, I'm sure. The Snail Count, the Snake Baron, Rochine, Zodd... They were going there. Rochine wasn't collecting bodies to make guardians, it wouldn't make sense. I don't know what the other ideas are but I'm sure that one is the good one. You just have to check all the hints here and there, like at the beginning of volume 10 when some lumbermen see the Snake Baron moving through the forest... There's a shot of the beherit in a river, with the text: "Now, something beyond human knowledge has started." It can only mean one thing.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Sorry, my post didn't make a lot of sense.

On the first page of the thread one of the posters replied when asked why the same disciple that guts kills in the first volume of the manga is there to devour Corkus (Cakas?) that hell is where demons go to die. Implying the Hawks are in hell and all the disciples are there because they died.

And I've been surfing around trying to gather more info on Berserk and almost every site calls the disciples something different. A couple call them Disciples, two called them apostles, a bunch called them demons, several dubbed them simply servants, while another called them angels. I was just listing all the names I've heard them called. What's their offical name by the way?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Femto the Raven said:
And I've been surfing around trying to gather more info on Berserk and almost every site calls the disciples something different. A couple call them Disciples, two called them apostles, a bunch called them demons, several dubbed them simply servants, while another called them angels. I was just listing all the names I've heard them called. What's their offical name by the way?

Apostles.

Angels?! what site called 'em that??

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Femto the Raven said:
On the first page of the thread one of the posters replied when asked why the same disciple that guts kills in the first volume of the manga is there to devour Corkus (Cakas?) that hell is where demons go to die. Implying the Hawks are in hell and all the disciples are there because they died.

Ok. First, they're called apostles like CnC said. Just that. Second, I already replied to you concerning Carcus' name, so why the need to rewrite "Cakas" in between parentheses, which can't possibly be a valid spelling? Third, the apostle that killed Carcus during the Occultation did it before Guts killed it as the Black Swordsman, obviously. The Golden Age arc occurs before the Black Swordsman arc chronologically, it's a long flashback.

Apostles go to the Vortex of Souls (the equivalent of "Hell" in Berserk) when they die, and branded people are supposed to go there too. It's not really a place, more like an entity. There are threads about it, please search for them to gather more information.

Femto the Raven said:
And I've been surfing around trying to gather more info on Berserk and almost every site calls the disciples something different.

Any site calling them something other than apostles isn't worth reading IMO.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:

Is it Rochinu or Rochine? I was just going to ask why I didn't notice her at the eclipse. It could have added a whole other level to her character if she had been shown graphically feasting on one of the Hawks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Is it Rochinu or Rochine?

There's no confirmed official spelling for her name. The direct transcription of the katakana (ロシーヌ) is "roshinu" (well, minus the long vowel on the 'i' I guess), however that's unlikely to actually be the correct spelling. There are several possible variations, I go for "Rochine" myself. "Rochinu" on the other hand isn't possible.

Forest Wraith said:
I was just going to ask why I didn't notice her at the eclipse.

If we don't see her feasting on the Hawks it's because Miura didn't want to show it. We see her going there (and meeting Rickert), but she only orders her guardians to kill the Hawks soldiers at the camp, she doesn't do it herself. I don't really think that would have been compatible with her character, especially considering how it's developed later on.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Hmm . . . Good point, I was just thinking of how disturbing that would have been. Although there is that infant apostle that burst out of Gaston's head . . .

I was also wondering how the apostles know where and when the exact time it is going to start before the person even summons it.(when they are already on there way before anything even happens or the person begins to summon) I know it is suppose to be fate,destiny, pre-determined but still. I don't know I guess it's just another one of those nit-picky details

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Although there is that infant apostle that burst out of Gaston's head . . .

I'm not sure it's an infant from what we can see of it, just some weird tentacled monster. Anyway that doesn't affect the personality and motives of other characters (referring to Rochine).

Zelz said:
I was also wondering how the apostles know where and when the exact time it is going to start before the person even summons it.

Their apostle sense was tingling? Seriously, there's over a dozen different ways they could know about it, I don't think it really matters (and if it ever does, it'll be explained in the manga). They can also track Guts down because of his brand, just think of it as the same kind of extrasensory power.

Top Bottom