Something just hit me

Sparnage said:
What matters is that we as the reader know in some cases of which Apostle killed who. In the end it doesn't matter if Guts knew, as long as he kills the Apostle.

Or in other words, most of the apostles at the abyss during the eclipse were more or less annihilated by Guts already

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Or in other words, most of the apostles at the abyss during the eclipse were more or less annihilated by Guts already
The abyss? No...

We can never, and honestly really don't need to know if Guts has already killed "most" of the apostles at the eclipse... And even if he has... to what end? Griffith still has a huge Apostle army.

More Sightings, when Rickert's "unit" is attacked on the Eve of the Festival, the Count is there, yet again, as if he's not fat enough, and also those two bug apostles that Guts' kills before he gets to Roshinu (not to mention Roshinu herself) are there also! Also, I saw the Snake Baron in the forest when the two guys saw him and the beheliet is going down stream. However it was imposbile for Guts to have known any of these apostles were there at the time, he was no where near. Mirua is creative indeed! All the apostles in the area must come to join the eclipse festival, meaning Guts can find the apostles from all around with his brand making it quincidence and fun for the reader to remember all of the apostles Guts slays.

The Count and Roshinu are on the cover of Vol. 11.

Edit:
Wyald says he can't wait til the eclipse to eat Guts, meaning that most likley all apostles go to the eclipse and eat the sacrifices, since becoming a GH takes a mass sacrifice by the looks of it (Tower of Rebirth, Band of the Hawk). Think of it as a duty in exchange for becoming an apostle?

I

Italian_demon

brunoafh said:
The Count and Roshinu are on the cover of Vol. 11.

edit:
Wylad says he can't wait til the eclipse to eat Guts, meaning that most likley all apostles go to the eclipse and eat the sacrifices, since becoming a GH takes a mass sacrifice by the looks of it (Tower of Rebirth, Band of the Hawk). Think of it as a duty in exchange for becoming an apostle?

No it's not just a Duty!!
I think there are 2 components:
1) duty cause he should prove to Idea that you are bounded anymore to the humans, sacrificing the closest person you have practically you sacrifice your HUMANITY!
2) IDEA is an entity created by the human common consciences but its accumulating a huge amount of Flesh to become a complete living being (Soul+body).
It is very likely that the Apostles existence Goal is to eat and so provide to IDEA as much meat as possible, and also obviously serve the fifth!

Italian_demon said:
No it's not just a Duty!!
I think there are 2 components:
1) duty cause he should prove to Idea that you are bounded anymore to the humans, sacrificing the closest person you have practically you sacrifice your HUMANITY!
2) IDEA is an entity created by the human common consciences but its accumulating a huge amount of Flesh to become a complete living being (Soul+body).
It is very likely that the Apostles existence Goal is to eat and so provide to IDEA as much meat as possible, and also obviously serve the fifth!

I meant it was a duty for the apostles to attend the eclipse... maybe you misunderstood beaucse I don't follow your response at all.

Yeah, and it gives them another chance to be closer to god which is probably a rare but great thing.

Even though there were alot of Apostles that decided to go, surely not every single one was there.

Sparnage said:
Yeah, and it gives them another chance to be closer to god which is probably a rare but great thing.

Even though there were alot of Apostles that decided to go, surely not every single one was there.

How do you know?

IT DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!  >:(

let it die man,

if every apostle was there, great!

if not every apostle was there, great!

guts kicks their ass if they were there or not,

continuing to kick around this question is like sayin:

"were all my tires built in the same assembly line?

surely they were, that would only make sense,

but with how many are made how do you know they were all on the same load, little alone the same assembly line?

well they are the same material,

but that doesnt mean they were made at the same time,

ignorance of the tires, stupid and the assembly bullshit cause im retarded,"

thats what you sound like damnit!!!!!!

now please, continue to live a life of happy Berserk conversation,

and dont start a thread over the chicken and the egg!

- c  :-X

(sorry everyone, ignorance pushes my buttons, even more than name calling ;D)

brunoafh said:
How do you know?

Ganishka says the best thing for a non human is to follow the hawk as it's like being beside God, so there is probably just as good for an Apostle to be near the Godhand during the Eclipse.

Or do you mean how do I know if there were Apostles that decided not to go? I'm just presuming that there were Apostles in the world that had important matters to attend to. Just like in real life, in any big get together there are always a few that for one reason or another end up not going, and thats what i'm basing my assumption on.

I

Italian_demon

brunoafh said:
How do you know?

Well we know that Ganiska and Zodd at least the being Apostles didn't go to the Festival ;)

10-4 said:
(sorry everyone, ignorance pushes my buttons, even more than name calling ;D)

Please don't be rude with Brunoafh, me too i've been asking stupid questions for weeks in the beginning!
You should give him the time to get into the logic of Berserk and ask everything he feels like asking......
I think that some question Brunoafh was good to wonder about concepts that we give for granted ;)

I

Italian_demon

Eddie said:
Zodd did go, he was the bouncer. ;)

He didn't get part into the Festival he was just around... me don't know why!
But i suspect he had one interest!
Guts ;)

Italian_demon said:
He didn't get part into the Festival he was just around... me don't know why!
But i suspect he had one interest!
Guts ;)

Not Guts, he wouldnt have guessed for a second that he would actually survive. He knew Skully would turn up, as he says something to Skully like "I knew you would come" and "I only seek the strong".

Hard to tell if he officially came as a "bouncer" or not, but he denied the possibility.

I agree with sparnage. Why would Zodd want to protect the eclipse, there's no reason (that we know of, or I). But we know Zodd seeks to fight the strong. I think it's the same story for the following Griffith around. He wants to fight the strong, so I'm sure he figures if he follows the Hawk around not only will he be confronted with Guts (now a formidable opponet) and the almighty SK himself.

edit:
I read the chatper where SK and Zodd fight for the first time in the manga and Zodd says he's been commanded to be gatekeeper, probably beaucse he is the strongest apostle out there (on the GH's side), maybe Grifft commanded Zodd to be his bodyguard (not like he needs one).

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
Not Guts, he wouldnt have guessed for a second that he would actually survive. He knew Skully would turn up, as he says something to Skully like "I knew you would come" and "I only seek the strong".

Hard to tell if he officially came as a "bouncer" or not, but he denied the possibility.

When Skully askes if he was the Gate keeper ZOdd answers no!!
As i told you before.... i think that Zodd was there for GUts, but he couldn't show his real intentions, so he was hoping that SK (are you the only one... as he says in vol 17....) would pop up soon...... Then he acts like wanting to fight SK, but when he sense the time for Guts its getting over, he let SK cut his arm and let him In to save GUTS!
Then again after some acting just let SK to bring him to a safe place....... I don't think SK would just beat so easy ZOdd if it was a real battle!
;)

brunoafh said:
I read the chatper where SK and Zodd fight for the first time in the manga and Zodd says he's been commanded to be gatekeeper, probably beaucse he is the strongest apostle out there (on the GH's side), maybe Grifft commanded Zodd to be his bodyguard (not like he needs one).

Wrong: Sk askes ZOdd if he was commanded and ZOdd answers no!
Second ZOdd says i'm seeking for the Strong one, he doesn't say that he wants to fight him!
Third: Zodd fights just the humans to seek the strong one, and after 300 years he's still hoping to find it! As in the vol. 17 he feels disappointed but "still I won't be satisfied!"
I'd seek the strong one between Apostles instead don't you??
Read it well.... then he wonders about SK and ask to himself.... "are you the only one?"....... But now i'm realizing that ihe might not speak about SK but about GUTS!
Miura wants to confuse the reader in my opinion.... ZOdd says: Are you the only one?? " THe one human able to defeat the Destiny potentially that he met is GUTS!
Then he refer to the one that protects Guts!! "what are you doing SK??"

;)

Just my opinion, but i connected all the particulars i noticed in 26 volumes about ZOdd and SK...... Future will show!

Italian_demon said:
When Skully askes if he was the Gate keeper ZOdd answers no!!
As i told you before.... i think that Zodd was there for GUts, but he couldn't show his real intentions, so he was hoping that SK (are you the only one... as he says in vol 27....) would pop up soon...... Then he acts like wanting to fight SK, but when he sense the time for Guts its getting over, he let SK cut his arm and let him In to save GUTS!
Then again after some acting just let SK to bring him to a safe place....... I don't think SK would just beat so easy ZOdd if it was a real battle!
;)

Ummm, no. Zodd was not there for Guts, the last thing he was expecting was for him to survive the eclipse so there would be no reason to wait for him.
Again, he said to Skully that he was expecting to see him, and he only seeks the strong; the only person who he considers a worthy opponent was Skully, at the time Guts certainly was not able to do anymore than prolong his life.
No reason whatsoever to be there for Guts, every reason to be there for Skull knight.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
Ummm, no. Zodd was not there for Guts, the last thing he was expecting was for him to survive the eclipse so there would be no reason to wait for him.
Again, he said to Skully that he was expecting to see him, and he only seeks the strong; the only person who he considers a worthy opponent was Skully, at the time Guts certainly was not able to do anymore than prolong his life. 
No reason whatsoever to be there for Guts, every reason to be there for Skull knight. 

No this is your opinion, but mine is the opposite!

IF my theory is right everything fits as much as you think it fits yours!

Let's supposed Zodd is acting to be with IDEA cause he secretly wants to destroy it or a revenge against one of the GHs....
Well being an Apostle he can't openly face Griffit all he can do is to help the "Strong one" to do that!
Let's suppose he Knows what SK is doing... well he has to show he's fighting him, but why “a fight against them” never Ends with a defeat??
I don’t picture SK and Zodd guys that interrupt or just start a fight and never END it, if they really want to kill the other!
And why so in the moment SK needed to save Guts.... Oops SK easily chopped his Arms? (cause he wanted to let him go to save GUTS!)
You know what i think? (in my theory) Zodd knows that just a human can defeat IDEA: a human with an inhuman WILL!
“The strong one!”
If my theory is right Miura fooled everyone also me in the beginning, making us believe something totally wrong!
The more i think and the more i believe Zodd have been checking out Guts the whole time as SK trying to don't let IDEA understand it cause unless SK he’s actually under IDEA’s power!
As every Apostle Griffit just need to close his hand and he’ll be squeezed to a ball of cursed flesh!
He was around to check GUTS and he was expecting SK to pop up to save Guts at the right moment cause he knew that GUTS was the key of everything (the Cursed born baby!), but he had to show IDEA he was a rival of SK!
SK and Zodd respect each other, it always seemed to weird to me that SK respect an "un-dead thing!!" created by IDEA!
I think they instinctively understood each other since the beginning!
And i think that the tragic and painful Past of Zodd that leaded him to sacrifice what he loved the Most to be an Apostle will in the future Pop-up!
I think it will be in the very End of the Manga.....
That would be a great shot!
Re-read carefully each part where ZOdd appear (also when he through the Sword to GUTS, theorically to help Griffit, and probably for both reasons!).
You won't find one single picture that shoes Zodd proud of glad to serve IDEA and never Zodd really convinced to kill Guts or SK and do something bad to both.... but yes he acts like it!
It was DemonX to open my eyes!

Well just my theory...... Future will show...... I just hope to don't wait to many years!

(i know it can sound very weird but i believe on this and i can't find any weak point!)

lol....

(i know you guys will kill me now....lol.... but this is what i think!)

Italian_demon said:
No this is your opinion, but mine is the opposite!

IF my theory is right everything fits as much as you think it fits yours!

Zodd was certain that Guts would die, he said this to Guts when he realised Griffith was going to become a Godhand, and he says this again when he comes to kill Wild. Both these times he says it without a doubt in his mind, so when it turns out Guts managed to survive he was absolutely shocked, in fact I don't remember seeing him with such a shocked look on his face.

If that were not enough to convince you then take into consideration that he was hyped and willing to kill Skully for cutting off his arm and jumping into the Nexus to save both Guts and Caska, so when he finally comes out with them Zodd is saying things like "don't think you are going to get away with this" until he realises the impossible happened and they managed to survive.

You have a very uninhibited imagination on the topic, like saying Zodd has plans on taking down both the Godhand and prehaps the idea and really wanting to use Guts as well and knowing all along. If I recall correctly you fundamentally based that logic on the fact that Zodd has a bit of a sad look on his face when Guts asked him why he is with Griffith at the hill of swords back in volume 22 dispite there being no real evidence to suggest why he would turn against Griffith and the rest.

This especially goes for the Idea of Guts destroying the idea, for one Guts probably doesn't even know that the idea exists, and secondly if Zodd did then he would probably realise it is impossible to rid the earth of it unless every single human on earth died as that is what he really is. On that note Zodd would be wasting his time if he was trying to lie to the idea, as the idea would probably know him better then Zodd knows himself.

I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but still a big claim. Remember if you base a concept on a idea that could easily be wrong, the theory as a whole may come tumbling down. ;)

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
You have a very uninhibited imagination on the topic, like saying Zodd has plans on taking down both the Godhand and prehaps the idea and really wanting to use Guts as well and knowing all along. If I recall correctly you fundamentally based that logic on the fact that Zodd has a bit of a sad look on his face when Guts asked him why he is with Griffith at the hill of swords back in volume 22 dispite there being no real evidence to suggest why he would turn against Griffith and the rest.

This especially goes for the Idea of Guts destroying the idea, for one Guts probably doesn't even know that the idea exists, and secondly if Zodd did then he would probably realise it is impossible to rid the earth of it unless every single human on earth died as that is what he really is. On that note Zodd would be wasting his time if he was trying to lie to the idea, as the idea would probably know him better then Zodd knows himself.

I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but still a big claim. Remember if you base a concept on a idea that could easily be wrong, the theory as a whole may come tumbling down. ;)

I didn't say who Zodd wants to really opposite as we don't know but it must be connected to IDEA (maybe a GH) or maybe Idea itself, another option is that he wants to just save the humanity from the destiny that IDEA choose!
I don't believe the IDEA can actually read the mind of Zodd as it can't with others like SK o probably even Guts!
I don't think is so difficult to support the feeling that Zodd is not acting "clear", he's words sound many times tricky and with double senses, certainly the face Zodd makes when Guts question him, is not happy, but also seems like he's watching Guts like saying: "ahh if i could tell you...."
Again i don't think he used all his potential against GUTS (just wanted to show he was a serving Griffit!) and i absolutely believe he didn't against SK as well, seems like he and SK are acting in the same movie!!
Same Goal? Probably no, but i think both have a Goal that Idea won't appreciate
;)
I can't wait to future if all of this is a fantasy or i actually could connect the little particulars that Miura is giving us to Forsee the future happenings ;)

Rakshas

Be quiet... You are already dead...
Well... It's kinda hard to wait untill the next chapter/volume of this master piece... So many question and no answer... With so many character background, legend, story; perhaps even Miura himself will be lost ( hope no ) ... Hope we'll get all our answer.

Top Bottom