strange test

puella

Berserk forever
How about a test for Westerners?
According to the continent where they live, we tell the difference with European, American and Australian, EAA test. :D

I don't think I can get a good point at that though.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
There's no such thing as a "purebred" Japanese, Chinese or Korean. There's been a lot of cultural exchange in that region for the last few thousand years.

puella

Berserk forever
Makkuro said:
There's no such thing as a "purebred" Japanese, Chinese or Korean. There's been a lot of cultural exchange in that region for the last few thousand years.

Yeah, test with "purebred" would be most appropriate to give people some points. but "purebred" is very rare anyway...

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
puella said:
Yeah, test with "purebred" would be most appropriate to give people some points. but "purebred" is very rare anyway...

What I said was part joke. I do realize a large portion of cross-cultivating nowadays, but unless there is something to go by... its like saying, "Look at these mixed people and tell me what country they're from." There has to be some standard or else the test is going to be flawed. There were a few half-caucasions in that test, making nationality impossible to tell because, in the truest sense, nationality isn't a phenotype.

It's not "cultural exchange", either... its a mixing of breeds. People, be it white, black, asian... have different distinctions, tending to be determined from their nationality. Because we are a global society now because of our advances in transportation and communication, we are losing those distinctions. This is part of the reason why its harder to tell the difference nowadays.

I think the maker of this test also chose Asians that didn't truly fit into the classic phenotypes of Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese. If the person who made this test is doing it for any sort of research, I think his methodology would be in question.

Makkuro

Boonki said:
It's not "cultural exchange", either... its a mixing of breeds.

See, when I say "cultural exchange," what I mean is "fucking." I was just trying to be polite.

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Makkuro said:
See, when I say "cultural exchange," what I mean is "fucking." I was just trying to be polite.

There's politeness and then there's correctness.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Makkuro said:
Well, that's true for Japanese, Korean and most Chinese, yeah. But there are many different peoples in China, some of which are very different from the majority. Of course, there are ethnic minorities in most countries, like the Ainu in Japan, so I guess that doesn't really count.

I had thought the Ainu weren't around in Japan anymore. Hmm... you learn something new everyday.

Makkuro

Darok [Spouter of Ignorance] said:
I had thought the Ainu weren't around in Japan anymore. Hmm... you learn something new everyday.

No, they're still there. Not quite extinct yet.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
I got a 6...

That dude with the fucked up orange bush of hair was like a trick-question tho! We all know that it's the Japanese that are crazy enough to dye their hair orange! Der! (Actually, I heard this from some angry Chinese boy talking about how the Japanese are stupid fucks, raping their women and dying their hair orange. o,o;).

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Yay! I got a 10! But then I know sometimes Asians can't tell what I am. I've been mistaken for Japanese by a Japanese-Sensei and Korean by some Korean women. I'm Chinese, but I guess I just look weird. :eek:

G

Genn21

Overlord_DoraDora said:
Ainu lives in northern japan only.

Whoops.. who ever heard of migrate ? On a later note the anglo-saxon's are all born in england har har har!!!

mi·grate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mgrt)
intr.v. mi·grat·ed, mi·grat·ing, mi·grates

1. To move from one country or region and settle in another.
2. To change location periodically, especially by moving seasonally from one region to another.

Top Bottom