Terminator Salvation's work on set was peachy!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
In this case it seems he was in his right to tell the guy to act more professionally. Especially from a veteran actor to a beginner DP. If I tell a newcomer at my workplace not to do something and he does it regardless with consequences on my work, you bet he's going to hear from me. That's how it works. The only reason one can blame Bale here is because he lost his temper and kept insulting the guy. But the reprimand itself isn't improper, especially in the context.

True, but even Bale admitted this was the second time he did it. Was he right in correcting him, yeah. It's just the way he went about doing it, which is going to improve his image as a giant dick head.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Interesting article. I'm a little less worried about the movie now than before reading it. And I like Cameron's answer. He was completely honest.
I felt the same... at first. Then I start thinking about the treatment of The Watchmen recently. "We had to fix that Giant Squid problem!" I can see McG thinking: "There was always that problem with the Terminators being nearly indestructible.. so we fixed it!."

I just worry about the future of any franchise that was once great under its creators wing, being plucked away by someone foreign.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
"There was always that problem with the Terminators being nearly indestructible.. so we fixed it!."

"Ok guys see now the Terminators are no longer super strong because, like Arnold in the second movie was able to Crush their Megaframe. So now all the robots are made of tin and plastic. Also the humans have robot killing weapons that just need to be pointed in the direction of the robots.

Ok get Bale ready for the part he destroys skynet by skydiving on it and stabbing it in the heart. "

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
True, but even Bale admitted this was the second time he did it. Was he right in correcting him, yeah. It's just the way he went about doing it, which is going to improve his image as a giant dick head.

Yeah, the apologist puff piece on Ain't It Cool News really doesn't change anything about it, it's not like we thought Bale was like this all the time or without cause. I just don't understand the need to rationalize it; he flipped out, kinda secretly jerky.

Christian%20Bale%20in%20The%20Machinist.jpg

The Emperor has no... mask of sanity. =)​

Walter said:
I just worry about the future of any franchise that was once great under its creators wing, being plucked away by someone foreign.

I'm not worried at all, the only way it can fall short of my expectations is by not completely sucking. Anyway, the franchise was already broken. If this happens to be decent, it's a pleasant surprise, but the only thing that would make me optimistic about Terminator again is two words: James Cameron. Not that he even deserves it anymore, that quote from him is good, but frankly, it just makes me resent it all the more that he allowed things to go on like this while he was off doing jack shit for a decade.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I felt the same... at first. Then I start thinking about the treatment of The Watchmen recently. "We had to fix that Giant Squid problem!" I can see McG thinking: "There was always that problem with the Terminators being nearly indestructible.. so we fixed it!."

Well like Griff said the difference is that Terminator 3 already exists. And Watchmen comes from another medium, which is always a big no-no for me. Since I expected Salvation to be complete shit from the start, the fact they're using good actors (one, at least) and seem to be making valuable efforts in general makes me more hopeful than before. Even the director realizes he got the project because he's a nobody, so he might try to prove them all wrong. :guts: And the setting being the future is a good thing too. Makes for a fresh start.

Griffith said:
the only thing that would make me optimistic about Terminator again is two words: James Cameron. Not that he even deserves it anymore, that quote from him is good, but frankly, it just makes me resent it all the more that he allowed things to go on like this while he was off doing jack shit for a decade.

Aww, but you haven't even seen his two new revolutionary movies yet! :void:

http://www.kroq.com/

Apparently that's Bale they have on the phone.
From the conversation.. it sounds real. At least I'm convinced.

For the people who are too lazy to search it's on the left side of the page. It's pretty hard to miss the picture of Bale. Press the green play button to play.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
http://www.kroq.com/

Same here. Well, that was interesting. Hopefully that whole drama's going to die down now.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ramen4ever said:

Well I'm glad to see he's apologizing. It sounds sincere and how he described the DP was funny as hell. :serpico:

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Good to see a "closure" to this little drama, though i have to say, i still fear for the movie since there's such a glaring lack of competence by all of the people that are involved with it. I'm not much of a SCC fan because it's way too superficial and clumsy when catering to the various generations of fans and as it stands now, the Terminator series ended with T2, for me that is. I'm not holding my breath on that movie but maybe it'll manage to surprise, who knows?

Top Bottom