the king of midlands

fnh

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
This one has been bugging me for awhile now and what I want to know is: What's the real reason why he imprison Griffiths? Yeah, I'll probadly be piss to if somebody boned my daughter without my consent, but what he did was a little too extreme. Locked him up and tortured him for a year. That's overkill. Also I read in the faq that he had some dark secrets. What are they?

the scene following Griff's imprisonment should explain it to you. you know, when the King tried to "bone" his daughter, as you said it... i believe the king had always been sexually attracted to his daughter or something...

fnh

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I didn't see that coming. And here I was not planning to buy the Golden Years Arc because it was very similar with the anime. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

CnC

Ad Oculos
well, subliminal attraction aside, Griffith was charged with RAPING his daughter.
think, you got a daughter, you're king... nobody fucks with you.
you help a guy out when everyone hates him, eventually making him your top general... then to be stabbed in the back by this guy and learn he raped the princess, YOUR daughter.
enough to make you insane, right?!

Torturing this guy seems completely justified...

puella

Berserk forever
i read your writing carefully. but i wanna add something to it.
"jealousy" that's it. maybe the king has an feeling of bedding with his own daughter but he can't.you know, that is an incest, the felony!
but Griffith do it. that's why the king goes so mad!!

i'm new here and i'd like to say "everybody good luck" :'( :-* :-X

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Torturing this guy seems completely justified...

and raping your own daughter afterwards is justified, too?
i think the king always had a serious problem...    ::)

by the way he should have known that griffith didn't rape his daughter... charlotte loved him... at least that's my guess.
i don't think she felt so unhappy afterwards.    ;)

Well let's see...

You got a new group of mercenaries working for you and heck they're good so let's start trusting them. Besides, leader looks harmless.
Then your daughter is supposedly almost killed.

Next your brother and nephew are killed in their own home.

Then your new hero mercenary turned noble is poisoned.

Followed by your second wife (who you probably knew was actually sleeping with your brother...) as well as a number of your top officials are burned alive.

Only to find out your new hero mercenary/noble is actually alive.

and then said merc/noble sleeps with your daughter (which is all you have from your first wife.)
---------

Yeah I think I would go a little nuts and arrest him.

Besides, with Griffith arrested, Minister Foss could have told the King anything about the assasinations of Julius and the Queen without fear of retribution. Which brings up Rape as well as Treason. Completely fooling the main man is never good!

CnC

Ad Oculos
I agree... this wasn't spur of the moment insanity.

The king was denying the rumors of Griffith's involvement i nall of the above matters.
While attempting to rape your daughter after the fact is quite loony... torturing this insolent prick is justified.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, the king was fully prepared to give Griffith power.
Volume 9, King: "I expected you to become a great vassal in Midland. Some people criticized you as a bandit, but I was confident in your ability and your achievements."

This proves that the king had no problem with the frightening rumors about Griffith. It was just that final fatal straw that Griffith plucked at: his daughter. The only love in his life: "It was my warmth. It was the only thing I could rely on."

Ahh...poor Griffith...he had been patient all this time only to ruin it by being really stupid for one night.

And you know, I never thought about it but...maybe the King was happy someone killed his cheating wife, his obnoxious brother, and several nobles that were a thorn in his side. Certainly saved him alot of trouble. :-/

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
didn't the king, at his death, realize what he wanted? correct me if i'm wrong, the king realizes that he hates being the king of midland and wants to give it away-- for all he really cared about was charlotte

maybe it was just the hawk of light's manipulation

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Manipulation schmipulation, the king admits that he hates his crown in volume 9. He was king since he was born, he never earned it and thus never appreciated it. He treated it like a burden.

W

waqas786uk

Berserk parallels with Scarface

Anyone ever seen that movie? Well if you haven't its the story about the rise and fall of Tony Montana (Al Pacino) a cuban who comes to America in the 70's and builds a drugs empire. Anyway, aside from the usuall story there is a side storyline about the relationship between Tony and his sister (i forget her name and the actress who plays her, sorry).

You cant tell at first but by the end of the movie your left with the distinct impression that Tony is deeply in love with his siter, maybe even physically. During the movie Tony often attacks his sisters boyfriend's, but it just seemed that he was just being overprotective. But near the end of the movie Tony discovers that his sister has been slleping with his best freind and partner. Tony, who at that point was already being hunted by rival drug barons lost it when he found out and shot killed his best freind, killing hiim almost instantly.

The most heartbreaking thing about it is that the two werent just sleeping together, they were in love and the night Tony shot his best freind was their wedding night. The relationship beween the King and Charlotte is very similar to the one between Tony and his Sister. They were both so in love that they would do anything, even kill, to stop anyone getting between them. Its ironic that in trying to do what they think is best for the people they love, they end up destroying their lives.

CnC

Ad Oculos
the one without power has to struggle hard to acheive it, and the one with power hates it and wishes he never had it... ironic

fnh

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I'm a little surprise that this topic got so many replies. I got the impression from watching the anime that the King didn't seem to mind Griffiths being with Charlotte or the possiblity of Griffiths being his son-in-law. His sercret wasn't all that apparent in the anime, was it apparent in the manga? And not everybody hated Griffiths, just the noblemen that he was out shining.

shogunate

Look at me!
I'll make it short....

king crazy

king wants daughter

king couldnt get her

daughter wants grif not daddy

Griffin got her SCORE!!

king goes berserk

and king jealous of griff

griffin paid a harsh price

ahhh~~~

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'll make it short....

king crazy

king wants daughter

king couldnt get her

daughter wants grif not daddy

Griffin got her   SCORE!!

king goes berserk

and king jealous of griff

griffin paid a harsh price

ahhh~~~
Thatd be a perfect explanation if you were talking about Griffith instead of a bird.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Also spelled griffon or gryphon. A greek mythilogical beast with the head and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion.

Apparantly in Belgium, there is a certain breed of dog that are called Brussels griffon.

One more piece of useless info...Griffin were an Anglo-Indian name for a person just arrived from Europe.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
well if you want to bed someone and you don't because she is your own daughter and someone else do it and after tell you that you wanted to do it also but you didn't because you are a coward and that in presence of your own soldiers...well what will you do?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
the scene following Griff's imprisonment should explain it to you. you know, when the King tried to "bone" his daughter, as you said it... i believe the king had always been sexually attracted to his daughter or something...

Well. Royal family inbreeding was the norm in terms of how the royals continued their blood line. I mean Adonis was (perhaps) in line to Marry Charolotte. And they are cousins. It's not that unusual. Every wonder why the history always has some royal family members die young of ill health? It's because of hemophilia (prevents blood from clotting. Big problems for the royals. Always described as "a sickly child")
Inbreeding is a bad Idea. Whoa, I got off track. The King is a sick fuck. Sad thing is that he looks as nobel as any other King I've seen. From nobel King to peder-ass. What a drop.

Top Bottom