The "Purpose of being Idea" theory (Part1)

W

waqas786uk

Hey all,

This is my first ever post on this bbs and so i'm quite excited about it. Im here to post my own theory about whats going to happen in berserk. Lately ive been reading walters speculations and the posts made by members of this bbs and its got me wondering about the whole universe of berserk and how its gonna end. I have to admit that i have not read any of the berserk mangas except for the mellenium falcon arc (though i dont know any japanese). I have however seen the series and so my theory is based on that and what i read on the speculations made by walter, posts the bbs, and the latest story arc. Hardly a solid base of info i know but here i go anyway...

My theory revolves around the purpose of god hands existence. It is fact that Idea controls the fate of all men, also known as the "causality principal" - the underlying order of events set forth by Idea. Anyway someone recently suggested that idea came into existence during the reign of gaiseric when his people suffered a lot and all their negative feelings somehow came together to form Idea. I think that this may be plausible because.....
1. Idea itself has already stated that it was created by man
2. Nothing in the berserk universe has suggested that idea existed before gaiseric's empire. (In fact the the whole berserk timeline seems to lead back the 1000 years prior to current events).

BUT at the same time just because Idea wasnt mentioned before a 1000 years ago doesnt mean it didnt exist, so I'll leave the issue up for debate. For the purposes of my theory i'll assume that idea was created BEFORE gaiseric's empire. Let us continue

So it seems that idea and subsquently the god hand crew were summoned to earth by the negative feelings of man and the prayers of some priest to destroy gaiseric's empire. Now lets assume for a moment that you are Idea, (humor me for a moment), you've just destroyed gaiseric's empire and so the suffering of the people has ended. The purpose of your existence has been fulfilled and there is nothing more left to be done on earth, now what do you do? Go back into nothingness? Somehow I dont think so.

Remember Idea's "life-force" is the negative feelings of humanity and so it is reasonable to assume that without humanity's need for idea, it would simply cease to exist. Idea has already demonstrated that it is a sentient being, that is aware of how it was created and that it feeds off the man's negativity. For this reason i'll also assume that idea is aware that its life depends on humanity's feelings. Like any other sentient being idea probably likes life and doesnt wan to die (i know i could use better terminology than die and life but i cant think of any right now). So my theory in a nutshell is this:

Idea, since its creation, has been shaping mens lives to fit into a certain scenario (the destruction of gaiseric's empire is one) every 1000 years just to perpetuate/justify its own existence.

Remember Idea has already admited that it has shaped griffith's life so that he became the man he is today (from chapter 83). I believe that idea intends to let griffith form his own empire and this empire is invariably going to be evil. This will cause suffering among the people which will once again bring about negative feelings which will lead to a catastrophe like the one that occured in gaiseric's empire.

Perhaps idea has been doing the same thing since the beggining of time, creating the same scenario over and over again to induce negative feelings in man to serve its oen purpose. And then it wuld send down the god's hand an thei demons to destroy the existing empire and in the process fulfill their desires to kill and once the whole thing was over Idea would make preperations to start the whole thing all over again in another 1000 years.

Well thats my theory of the big picture in the berserk universe, so now i'll move onto the roles/purpose of each character. U can se them in part 2 of my great "Pupose of being Idea" theory.

W

waqas786uk

8)The "Purpose of being Idea" theory (Part2)

Well here's the second part of my theory, it concerns the characters of berserk, well grif and gatts anyway :)

Many people believe that gaiseric is the skull knight but i disagree. Walter recently suggested that griffith and gaiseric are connected in that griffith's empire is fated to suffer the same fate as gaiseric's and this to me seems plausable, especialy since it ties in very neatly with my own theory!

I beleive that gaiseric was once a God's hand like Griffith and used the power he gained from being a God's hand to build his empire. But I believe that griff and gai have more in common than just being members of the god's hand. In fact I the two of them could be related by blood. Remember that Idea told grif that it influenced men and their blood lines so that grif would be the man that he is today? Gaiseic may have also had a dream to create his own empire much like griffith and the pursuit of that dream was what drove him to become a member of god's hand. Since the fall of gai's empire Idea needed another great destruction to justify its own existence so it set about influencing events to produce griffith and another great empire that will eventually lead to catastrophe.

It is also intersting that gaiseric's face has not been revealed yet, in which case their is even more cause to believe that he is connected to grif and not skully. Since skully doesnt even have a face there would be no point of miura hiding gaiseric's face but if griffith had a similar face to gai because thaey are related miura's hiding gai's face would make sense (for the purpose of shocking the reader ofcourse).

Now I'll move on to my favourite charater, Gatts :). Well first off we know that gatts exists outside causality and so his future has not been written in advance like everone else's. Now, the only other people that exist outside causlity are caska, and maybe, and this is a big maybe, skull knight. It has been suggested that skull knight exists outside causality but there is no proof of that. It has also been suggested that maybe gatts and skully are linked in the same way as i believe that grif and gai are linked. Perhaps this may lead you to think that gatts is set to take over skully's role as the, erm, new God's Hand hunter/killer. This though may not be plausible since gatts now exists outside causlity so it cant be fated for him to destroy god's hand or do anything usefull at all for that matter.

To be quite frank, i cant honestly say what the future olds for gatts, I mean the point of him existing outside causality is so that his actions are unpredictable right? I think that Miura put him where he is because all stories need a hero. I mean berserk wont continue forever will it? Eventually miura will decide, or has already decided to end the manga and hopefully give it the suitable and amazing ending the story deserves. Although I dont know what exactly will happen I think its obvious that well, to put it in a nutshell.............

Gatts will go berserk and kick everyones butt

THE END

Honestly how else could it end? Perhaps gatts will use the power of the behelit to become a good apostle, if thats possible i dont know. With that power he, and maybe grif would end the cycle of destrustion that Idea has created.

Well thats it, i'm tied of writing now so I'll stop and let u lot have a read and tell me what u think. If you want to give your opinions you are very welcome to, oh and please point out any huge blunders Ive made.

Bye!

Waqas ;)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Interesting... so what you are saying is that Idea purposefully manipulates war and strife (which happens when you build an empire) among humanity to feed itself. Sort of like a psychic vampire.

I always pictured Idea as more of an impersonal god-like thing, but now you got me thinking... And where does fate and casualty fit into all this? Are they simply things that Idea tries to manipulate, or are they totally independent of it? I have no idea...

One thought which strikes me, is that if this is even remotely close to the 'truth', the very thing Griffith needs to do to accomplish his dream and break the chains of destiny is to create a 'good' empire, to be a 'good' king. If he can pull of unifying the continent without sinking too deep into darkness along the way that is... Power corrupts, and is Griffith too far gone already?

i dunno why, but to me Griffith, or at least the "old" griffith, doesnt seem like the type to "rule with an iron fist" so to speak. he will do anything to achieve and keep his dream. he is very intelligent and can be political, or at least he was...
i dont think he's the type to make people suffer, especially those of his own, he is the "hawk of light" after all....

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Yeah, that is what I think too. But... how much had the horrible things hes been through changed him?

That is the hard thing, I am sure Gasaeric was a good and charismatic man too, but to climb to power you have to do a lot of painful sacrifices, as Griffith too found out. How much they change a man is hard to tell.

Yeah, Griffith doesn't seem like a man who will cause suffering, but as Fishbomb said how has he changed with all he has gone through.

Terrato

Oyaji!!!!!!
Hmmm, I'm particurely interested in the whole Griffith/ Gasiarac tie in, cuz on top of all the intelligent stuff he spouted, I shall tie this together!!! Griffith and Gaisarac both start with "G"!!!! HAHAW!!!!

-Terrato

kawaiigattschan

Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuute?
Hi newbie here...
Just two thoughts in response to various posts....
First in original you mention maybe skullknight exists out of causality but I thinkits pretty clear he doesn't... this is cuz he says he's fated to kill void. If he's fated than he still is being manipulated by idea or whatever controls fate.

The other is even if griffiths is not changed by what he's been through he's always been willing to "do what must be done" to get what he wants. No sacrifice is too big... so even if he becomes a "good" king, if he feels that something must be done but is horribly cruel it'll still happen. The concept of "goodness" doesn't really seem to be a part of him. Its more a matter of "the way from point a to point b"

-Kawaiigattschan

Re: The

First in original you mention maybe skullknight exists out of causality but I thinkits pretty clear he doesn't... this is cuz he says he's fated to kill void.

He never said anything like that, that was a bad translation.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
hmmm...
hMMM.

as i said before, maybe we should go easy on the blood ties for a moment.
It would be kinda lame if we find out, in the end, gatsu and griffy are bros. How cheesy.
But I am more interested in Idea being the god created by man- who is the god not created by man? Is he the main boss, the head of all, good n evil?
When will he manifest?
and most of all, wil he manifest in the berserk series :p

White_Hawk

well, there should be a GOD, right? I don't think the darwin's theory is very popular among the god hand.

White_Hawk

well, who made the world they inhabit?

*and don't say it's miura ;)*

along with all the demons there must be some other side of it all. geez, and ppl call me pessimistic. imagine a world created by evil demons that like to eat human flesh.

Re: The

well, who made the world they inhabit?

...  :eek:
You may as well ask who made ours...
I _really_ can't see your point...

geez, and ppl call me pessimistic. imagine a world created  by evil demons that like to eat human flesh.

Er... But their god was created by man, so these "demons" weren't there when the world was created, logically...

White_Hawk

well, i don't need to ask who made our world cuz i already know.. GOD DID, not in a way we could figure out anyway...so i tought that some sort of god was in berserk too, aside idea an all that... :)

White_Hawk

well, I kinda tought I had this thing,
called sense of humour, trying to crack jokes...
c'mon, don't be WEIRD!!! :D

White_Hawk

damn, wrong discussion...
:-X
but allow me to say..we had no argument, only a discussion among fans ;)

Top Bottom