What happened to the Sword of Resonance?

Sparnage said:
His sword looked like it consisted of alot of Behelits, and gathering from all the little faces in the sword I couldn't imagine him collecting much more than he already did. With that I believe he will eventually use the sword again without having to start from scratch. Besides the same Behelit can be used again and again it seems, so why would the rules change for the sword?

Maybe, but the other time he used it it didn't seem to cause any worries in the space boundaries at all, and even if it did cause a little damage would one little extra hole really make a difference as there is currently such a mess with the worlds merging? On top of that why would Skully care about tearing bits of space? He is good but I still don't believe he is the most ethical guy in the series, It's not exactly his problem. 

How likely is there to be a weapon that can't hurt the average Apostle but still directly being a threat to a Godhand? On top of that Slann was right in front of him when Guts was being torn apart and he didn't bother to use it until well after she is gone.

Your speculations are good but I personally still believe the sword isn't directly made for battle.

Another speculation is (and this could fit into any of the current speculations) that prehaps Miura wouldn't want to wreck such a interesting and different weapon by having it pop up in the series regularly. I mean lets face it even if it isn't made for easy kills I would be jumping space every chance I get out of convenience.
Having said that this is a Manga, watching the sword go all cool and "Behelity" to keep it interesting would heavily rely on the rare concept alone like a small taste to keep the reader coming back for more.

It could probably get away with being used more in a Anime and rely on special effects, sounds and colors in the backround with a little catchy chant to keep it interesting every time Skully pulls it out but oh well. ;)

I don't think there's any need for discussion in this topic anymore, what more can be said :D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Sparnage said:
Maybe, but the other time he used it it didn't seem to cause any worries in the space boundaries at all, and even if it did cause a little damage would one little extra hole really make a difference as there is currently such a mess with the worlds merging? On top of that why would Skully care about tearing bits of space? He is good but I still don't believe he is the most ethical guy in the series, It's not exactly his problem.
I always thought that the time he did use it he was worried about the distortion it would cause, hence why he used it after Slann was dispatched creating distortion of her own.  He used it both to escape, and also to nuetralize the distortion slann created.

This is a pic of the scene where he makes the cut after Slann's dispatch from the physical world, her distortion was like a vortex sucking everything into it, but was nuetralized after Skully's cut.
Sparnage said:
How likely is there to be a weapon that can't hurt the average Apostle but still directly being a threat to a Godhand? On top of that Slann was right in front of him when Guts was being torn apart and he didn't bother to use it until well after she is gone.
The reason he didn't use it until after she was dispatched was there wasn't disortion until then.

I tend to agree with DemonX on this one
DemonX said:
It has to be able to slice somthing physical also... let me draw you a quick example of what i think the sword is supposed to do... (dont you love my examples and pictures  ::)?)
void.gif

(sorry, I did this in kinda a rush as you can see  8))
Now when it hits void, it has to penetrate his flesh, doesn't it?
And the worry of the distortion maybe counteracted by Voids sheild, thus neutralizing it.

Headless Death said:
I always thought that the time he did use it he was worried about the distortion it would cause, hence why he used it after Slann was dispatched creating distortion of her own.  He used it both to escape, and also to nuetralize the distortion slann created.

This is a pic of the scene where he makes the cut after Slann's dispatch from the physical world, her distortion was like a vortex sucking everything into it, but was nuetralized after Skully's cut.

The reason he didn't use it until after she was dispatched was there wasn't disortion until then.

I tend to agree with DemonX on this one

And the worry of the distortion maybe counteracted by Voids sheild, thus neutralizing it.

It seems to be a handy weapon for cutting space which is why it was used when Slann was leaving causing chaos between worlds and such, but take into consideration that he didn't even attempt to use it primarily on her as a weapon, which is why i'm skeptical of Demon's theory.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
and also to nuetralize the distortion slann created.

I dont think so. The distortion slann created was not neutralized and consumed/collapesed the whole cave.

It seems to be a handy weapon for cutting space which is why it was used when Slann was leaving causing chaos between worlds and such, but take into consideration that he didn't even attempt to use it primarily on her as a weapon, which is why i'm skeptical of Demon's theory.

Well, He really didn't even use it at all. He didnt even make the sword of resonance until they had to escape. It looked like to me he was testing guts, on what he can do, without interfering.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
DemonX said:
I dont think so. The distortion slann created was not neutralized and consumed/collapesed the whole cave.
Yes, but I'm thinking that it would have spread much further if Skully hadn't done his trick acting as a counter weight.
And near immediatly following, the quilproth was sealed.

It just seems to me anyway that it was the sword responsible for neutralizing the distortion with that of it's own.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
But sheirke admitted that she did not seal it, and seemed unsure as to what exactly happened,  where I feel she would be more certain if it was her magic responsible.

Although I do see what you are saying, and the boiling of the ogres in the cave, and rotting of trolls outside look to be the same, and it sealed just after sheirke lost her hold on the earth elemental as well.

Although I still feel that cutting through planes of space would always cause great distortions of it's own, and often two separate isometric pulls in opposite directions can neutralize themselves.

But I suppose it could have been either if the boiling inside the cave and rotting outside were of the same origin.

DemonX said:
It looked like to me he was testing guts, on what he can do, without interfering.

Yeah, that sounds possible. I guess we will have to just wait and see if he actually uses it as a weapon against them or not in the future before we know for sure, if the sword has such capabilities then it will happen sooner or later.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
There is no reason to suggest he can't pull the Resonance sword thing again if he wanted, it was just convenient to use at the given time of jumping space, but I think there is a good chance of seeing it happen again in the future at the right moment.

I don't think it's the sort of thing that needs to be used in a time of combat which is why he didn't use it when Flora's mansion was being burnt to the ground, or before he needed to jump space when he was fighting Slann.

Thats why he says at that particular moment that it's a good time to test his new blade. Not for combat, for entering different parts of space.

I think the reason why Behelits can make a sword with such power is because a Behelit can create boundaries between worlds, and if they do summon a godhand they can be used again later on in the hands of a different person, so seeing Skullys sword is made of them then why it be limited to one time thing?

I agree, the Resonance Sword has just a feature adden shown so far, it can use the power of the Behelit to open a dimentional door between worlds, so can be used by SK to penetrate through different dimensions.... so far it doesn't give any other power that i could notice.... obviosly we can't exclude other advantages using this sword

After seeing him using that RoS, I tend to believe like many other that the sword is not used for battle, rather a mean to cut through dimension (I am suspecting in vol 13-when he break through the realm and enter the abyss to save Guts & Caska-if he uses his secret weapon)
and yes a mean to slice through Void deflection shield and hit him right in the head... possible but if that would kill Void why would he have waited 1000 yrs?

I

Italian_demon

Smith said:
After seeing him using that RoS, I tend to believe like many other that the sword is not used for battle, rather a mean to cut through dimension (I am suspecting in vol 13-when he break through the realm and enter the abyss to save Guts & Caska-if he uses his secret weapon)
and yes a mean to slice through Void deflection shield and hit him right in the head... possible but if that would kill Void why would he have waited 1000 yrs?

Maybe Void is not the only one he wants to kill ;)
Anyway i don't think that SK is moved by just a simple feeling of vegeance against Void, SK psychology is not as simple as Guts's psycology in my opinion!

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Smith said:

Maybe if he collects enough behelits, he wont have to. He might be able to slice a door open straight to the abyss!!! ;D 8)

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:
Maybe if he collects enough behelits, he wont have to. He might be able to slice a door open straight to the abyss!!!  ;D 8)

As i said earlier, i think that SK collects Behelits not just to use them, but maybe also to kind of put them (i'd say) "out of Order"....
I don't think that IDEA is actually able to produce Behelits itself, neither, it is able to activate them itself....
I think that all it can do is to put the choosen ones on the condictions to actvated them by their feelings+blood at the planned moment, but what would happen is SK will take off all the behelits from the human world? As he seems out of the influence of IDEA and the GHs?

I

Italian_demon

Smith said:
But i thought behelit can be created it is not limited in number of them

Well so far, i didn't see any creation of a Behelit, or mention about this possibility, also their "human" shape and the way they are activated makes me wonder... I wonder about who created a Behelit and if it's necessary any sacrifice... I mean are they simple stones or do they have a life inside?
I'm dubious that Idea can just create them from Nothing very easily.....

Italian_demon said:
Well so far, i didn't see any creation of a Behelit, or mention about this possibility, also their "human" shape and the way they are activated makes me wonder...

I thought they were made from tear of the sarcrificed?

Italian_demon said:
mmmmmmm
could you indicate a chapter where this happens?
Maybe i didn't noticed it!

In the episode "God of the Abyss" (Vol. 13, ep. 82) there is a scene where Griffith, while going down to the Abyss, witnesses something that looks like the creation of Beherits.

But I am not sure if it is actually supposed to be Beherits being formed by his tears, or not. In fact, if it's so, then there must be an unlimited number of Beherits in the world, but FOR ME, I always thought that there is a limited number! Mainly because we have seen that one Beherit can be used by several persons, but also because if SK is supposed to eat them all, he is gonna have a pretty hard time! ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
But I am not sure if it is actually supposed to be Beherits being formed by his tears, or not.

They come from the Abyss (and possibly from Idea), I don't see how they could be related to the tears of sacrificed people. The only tears we see are Griffith's, and they're not what forms the beherits.

The beherits are called "Ikai e no Yobimizu", and described as "drops of primed water leading to another world" (roughly).

Notice that SK's beherit-sword is called "Yobimizu no Tsurugi", referring to the same thing.

I

Italian_demon

asmer said:
In the episode "God of the Abyss" (Vol. 13, ep. 82) there is a scene where Griffith, while going down to the Abyss, witnesses something that looks like the creation of Beherits.

But I am not sure if it is actually supposed to be Beherits being formed by his tears, or not. In fact, if it's so, then there must be an unlimited number of Beherits in the world, but FOR ME, I always thought that there is a limited number! Mainly because we have seen that one Beherit can be used by several persons, but also because if SK is supposed to eat them all, he is gonna have a pretty hard time! ;D

What Griffit see, are drops that then get the shape of Behelits, but this doesn't necessary mean that they are actually behelits!
Can be just an illusion that showss he's penetrating a new dimention...... There isn't anyway there isn't any creation of Behelits, maybe they are many but just there from Before if they weren't not a symbolic picture!
If Idea made them and controlled them then it could just disactivate or destroy the ones that SK ate already so that he can't dispose of them!
I'm sure that in the future more will be told about them....

Aazealh said:
They come from the Abyss (and possibly from Idea), I don't see how they could be related to the tears of sacrificed people.
Yes, I wasn't very clear, but what I do think is that the Beherits are (somehow) created by the Idea, and not by the sacrificed's tears!
But still, I'm wondering if this particular scene, like Italian_demon said, could not be seen more as a symbolic image, because (I must say I can't check it right now, so maybe my memory of the scene is not perfect) I remember there were a lot of "Beherits" around Griffith. And I think if the Beherits are actually created in that great number, the world would be overflooded with Apostles! Even if it's true, too, that it seems to be quite a lot already, but I'm talking on the long term, since the Idea is supposed to be there since at least 1000 years. :-\

Italian_demon said:
If Idea made them and controlled them then it could just disactivate or destroy the ones that SK ate already so that he can't dispose of them!
I guess the SK is a bit outside of the Causality, so maybe the Idea can't know exactly when he is gonna eat a particular Beherit. And once eaten, it's probably too late for the Beherit to lose its power of "leading to another world".

I

Italian_demon

asmer said:
I guess the SK is a bit outside of the Causality, so maybe the Idea can't know exactly when he is gonna eat a particular Beherit. And once eaten, it's probably too late for the Beherit to lose its power of "leading to another world".

Well about the number of Apostles i think that aren't a big number considering 1000 years and a few behelits they'd be sufficient to create many thousands of Apostles already i think....
Anyway, about IDEA and SK, i think we can see an example that shows IDEA is not perfect and can't actually control the Destiny but just manipulate it (if the others let it do it!)!
I'm not sure that IDEA even though it created it, can actually control their Behelit powers, and still i'm not sure either it actually created them or just took advantage from their creation!
We'll see ;)

Italian_demon said:
Well about the number of Apostles i think that aren't a big number considering 1000 years and a few behelits they'd be sufficient to create many thousands of Apostles already i think....
Well, actually, it looks like for you the number of Beherits is limited. That is what I think, too, but I am not sure of it... Since now we have seen that a Beherit can be used by several people, I agree that if the Beherits were created a long time ago, there is no need for the Idea to create new ones, at least not very often (and that's not considering the fact that the SK may be eating them for a long time, that is true...).
But my point was more that the scene in Episode 82, like you said in a previous post, could not be the actual Creation of Beherits, but a more figurative scene!?

Italian_demon said:
Anyway, about IDEA and SK, i think we can see an example that shows IDEA is not perfect and can't actually control the Destiny but just manipulate it (if the others let it do it!)!
For what I had understood, in Episode 83 (the "Lost Chapter") the Idea says clearly that it controls Humans' Destiny, and it does so by manipulating people's minds. Only sometimes someone appears to be able to fight its Destiny, like Guts, to struggle against Fate.

Italian_demon said:
I'm not sure that IDEA even though it created it, can actually control their Behelit powers, and still i'm not sure either it actually created them or just took advantage from their creation!
Even if I don't know exactly HOW, I am pretty sure that the Idea created the Beherits, as a mean to control people's destinies. Since the Idea seems to feed of people's bad feelings, manipulating some people lifes, so that at one point of despair they are proposed to Sacrifice, is an easy way to ensure that more bad things are gonna happen, thus strenghtening the Idea's power!

I too think the Behelits tears were not to be taken literally, but prehaps rather an analogy of his choice of making the sacrifice and being sad because of it or something like that. Besides he was hullucinating alot of other weird shit not exactly how it was around the time he saw them.

asmer said:
For what I had understood, in Episode 83 (the "Lost Chapter") the Idea says clearly that it controls Humans' Destiny, and it does so by manipulating people's minds. Only sometimes someone appears to be able to fight its Destiny, like Guts, to struggle against Fate.

I think the Idea could very well be for unknown reasons be creating a unique destiny for him to follow also. Prehaps he is to balance out the equation a bit by manipulating Guts to fight on, And as Slann said the Idea probably knew Guts was going to survive the Eclipse anyway, so if he knew exactly what was going to happen then he is likely to have the power to make it so.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
I think the Idea could very well be for unknown reasons be creating a unique destiny for him to follow also. Prehaps he is to balance out the equation a bit by manipulating Guts to fight on, And as Slann said the Idea probably knew Guts was going to survive the Eclipse anyway, so if he knew exactly what was going to happen then he is likely to have the power to make it so.

Well here my opinion is a little different, i think IDEA didn't know what would happen cause it can't control SK, but i guess it might have been in condition to expect Sk intervent as ZOdd did as well....
But i think that if we consider IDEA so powerful to actually control the Destiny under every aspect and knowing everything is gonna to happen in the future then we underestimate the power of Flora, SK and all the others that are not subjects to Ideas control (also Guts with them!).
Also i think that then, their fight would have no sense against and an unbeatable ENEMY!
Which i don't think Idea is, we shouldn't forget that IDEA comes from the humans, it can be so incredibly powerful and know deeply the human conscience but it's not the God that created the Humans and World!
I think also that as negative energies are the power of IDEA positive energies can be forces that could be used by other entities or stuff like that...
In the End is possible that will be a kind of fight: Hatred against Love, with Guts in the between feeling love for Caska+hate for Griffit/admiration someways.... in a drammatical mix of human feelings ;)

Top Bottom