What happened to the Sword of Resonance?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I think Idea just wants to get the War of the Hawks done with, preferrably with both Guts and Griffith buying the farm. That way, It can make Itself the "savior" of the world. As for behelit production, I've got two seperate, but equally implausible theories:

1. Since they look like eggs(and since the crimson behelit was called the egg of the king) maybe It lays them like a sitting hen.

2. As the morass of human souls pours into the Abyss and into the maw of Idea, they circulate through It. A few drops osmose to the surface, fall off, harden like scabs, and become behelits.

Both theories take into account the latent life force of the behelits, but now that I've written them, I can't find common ground with either one. Oh well.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
1. Since they look like eggs(and since the crimson behelit was called the egg of the king) maybe It lays them like a sitting hen.
This theory makes sense, actully, if you think about the symbolism. Just think of this. When the egg apostle gave birth to griffith, it was a behelit. Egg = Behelit.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Herald of Yama said:
I think Idea just wants to get the War of the Hawks done with, preferrably with both Guts and Griffith buying the farm. That way, It can make Itself the "savior" of the world.

I really don't think Idea plans to "save the world" at all... I think it's the opposite actually.

DemonX said:
This theory makes sense, actully, if you think about the symbolism. Just think of this. When the egg apostle gave birth to griffith, it was a behelit. Egg = Behelit.

Seriously, Idea laying beherits like if they were eggs makes sense? ::) We actually get to see a part of the creation of beherits, during the Eclipse, episode 82 if I remember well (they appear as droplets coming from the Abyss).

I

Italian_demon

Aazealh said:
Seriously, Idea laying beherits like if they were eggs makes sense? ::) We actually get to see a part of the creation of beherits, during the Eclipse, episode 82 if I remember well (they appear as droplets coming from the Abyss).

Well, IMO we've never seen the creation of a Behelit!
What you refer too, is very lickly just an illusion, in fact the drops coming from the Abyss suddenly getting the shape of behelits but if they were actually the behelits that will fall on the human world why we didn't see then coming out from the Interstice to the hearth?
There is nothing the confirm that was the creation of a behelit, all we know is what Griffith eyes saw!
You could be right for sure, but that illusion could mean many things, for example that a Behelit actually comes from Idea some how and so on, but nothing much more than that.
I really think Egg/Behelit as some connections, Egg and generating something, but actually so far the function of the Behelit have been as Dimentional door.
That human shape, the fact the is activated just the sufference of a person close to death + blood, gives me the feeling there's more to know about how a behelit is born and that SK can use them against IDEA makes me wonder as well...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Italian_demon said:
What you refer too, is very lickly just an illusion, in fact the drops coming from the Abyss suddenly getting the shape of behelits but if they were actually the behelits that will fall on the human world why we didn't see then coming out from the Interstice to the hearth?

I don't understand your point, but I'd like to know why the beherits we see should be an illusion. Nothing supports that hypothesis, while what's shown rather makes sense, especially now that we know more about the astral realm and SK's beherit-sword.

DarkBlademaster

Aazealh said:
I don't understand your point, but I'd like to know why the beherits we see should be an illusion. Nothing supports that hypothesis, while what's shown rather makes sense, especially now that we know more about the astral realm and SK's beherit-sword.

While looking for an argument in volume 13, I decided to scratch the other theory when the idea is compared to a chicken. Instead, I saw something else. If you notice, on page 64-65, Griffith feels the souls of the sacrificed hawks passing through him. Then right after that he sees behelits dropping away from the idea (idea spawning them?). Then I thought "Could Miura be showing the behelits on purpose?

So I realized, that the new wave of behelits are the newly slaughtered Hawks. So, could the behelits be the souls of those who have been sacrificed? And if you notice, the behelits never seem to happy, especially when they enter the abyss (screaming... crying blood... you know). Maybe perhapes the behelits are reunited with their thoughts in the abyss and they suddenly are engulfed in despair.

This makes alot of sense to me. Its like a trade off, you use your behelit for your own power, you sacrifice someone else to become a behelit, and then those behelits are used to make others sacrifice for power, turning other people into apostles and into behelits.

I

Italian_demon

Aazealh said:

Well to me seems unreal such big number of Behelit created from drops of souls or whatever they come from, and so many at a time, i meant as long as i don't see how they arrive to the human world, i don't think that was think there are much more than a symbolic image!

But about the thoughts of DemonX, even though my English is not enough good to understand completly what he means, they give me some wonders!
I said before that their human shape and the fact they show to suffer must mean something like a human origin somehow, but the question is:
What gives to a Behelit after activation the power to open a dimentional door? And why this needs to be activated by extreem sufference (and probably contact with blood?).
I have the feeling that if we'll find it out, it will be throught the words of the wise-old Elf's King ;)

DarkBlademaster

Italian_demon said:
What gives to a Behelit after activation the power to open a dimentional door?
My guess is that the suffering of the one ready to use the behelit reminds the behelit of its past suffering, thus their thoughts (in the abyss) link with the soul (the behelit).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Italian_demon said:
Well to me seems unreal such big number of Behelit created from drops of souls or whatever they come from, and so many at a time, i meant as long as i don't see how they arrive to the human world, i don't think that was think there are much more than a symbolic image!

The beherits aren't described as "drops of souls" in that panel, and if Griffith effectively became Femto after descending in the Abyss, why what we see there should be an illusion? Just because you didn't see what you wanted? Where's the reasoning in that?

Italian_demon said:
What gives to a Behelit after activation the power to open a dimentional door?

The answer is in that scene, it's their very nature that makes it so. I'm tired of repeating the same things, in the same thread, to the same person...

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3550.msg75437#msg75437

Now, we're not in Speculation Nation, and this thread has been off topic for a while, so you guys should move the discussion elsewhere if you want to elaborate your theories (there are surely threads on the subject already).

Top Bottom