What is your favorite band/artist?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You let me down Wah wah wah... it was one of MANOWAR's catch phrases... man im depressed now....   :'(
Other bands play...

BOB said:
Strange, I've been listening to the shins lately, too. Is it because of the movie Garden State or just the fact that summer's coming soon?
Someone told me to pick them up, so I did last time I went to Kims, and now their CD hasn't left my stereo (it's a 5 cd stereo though).

lots of metal lovers in this forum  :p

on a side note, im surprised no one else has said they like - nightwish, or rammstein.

nightwish is like the best thing ive ever put into my hifi  ;D

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I've been listening to a lot of John Lee Hooker recently. I also tend to listen to the Rolling Stones, Rush, old Metallica, and Satriani.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You let me down Wah wah wah... it was one of MANOWAR's catch phrases... man im depressed now....   :'(
Sorry, was kinda tired when I read it, I thought you were insulting them.

But regardless, "Call to Arms" makes for good blaring music when I'm cruising downtown.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Opeth and Agalloch are getting the most playtime right now. Check them out if you're metal and don't mind a bit of Doom :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sigur Ros, L'altra, Death Cab for Cutie, Metallica, Spinal Tap, Gustav Mahler, Hirasawa Susumu, Steve Vai.

What... you didn't expect me to choose ONE did you?

ShinHell9

Favorite albums

No explanation really needed, some say that the music you listens to reflects your soul, just write your favortie album for each band you like.

Steely Dan-Aja
Pizzicato 5-The Sound of Music
Move-Electrock
Prince-Purple Rain
David Bowie-Scary Monsters
Shudder to Think-Pony Express Record
Queen-A Night at the Opera
Rush-Moving Pictures
Van Halen-Van Halen
Andrew WK-I get wet
Tears for Fears-Songs From the Big Chair
The Shins-Cutes too Narrow
Mr. Bungle-Mr. Bungle
Dream Theater-Awake
Symphony X-Divine Wings of Tragedy
Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Ryuichi Sakamoto-Thousand Knives
Metallica-Ride the Lightning
Boston-Boston
Offspring-Smash

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Favorite albums

Eddie said:
No explanation really needed, some say that the music you listens to reflects your soul, just write your favortie album for each band you like.

No need to make a new thread, you can recycle this one.

Tristram said:
I can tell you are 14 and less. I suppose you like evanescence, also?

why does music suck nowadays?
Because you're not 14??

I'm sure if you were younger you wouldn't think so strongly against the music nowadays.
I used to like Creed for God's sake. :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ranemaka13 said:
Because you're not 14??

I'm sure if you were younger you wouldn't think so strongly against the music nowadays.
You've got a good point. Mainstream music today is obviously marketed to teens and pre-teens. And for a solid 5 minutes, I couldn't figure out why. Now that I'm older and make my own cash, I can buy several times the number of CDs I used to. When I was younger, I had to mow two lawns to get a single CD. Now I buy at least two CDs a month, with pocket change.

And then it dawned on me. My tastes in music (and just about everything really...) are getting more and more selective, narrowing down to music that takes years to produce or bands that achieve brilliance on one album alone. The taste I've developed is difficult to mass-produce. But when you're 13, it's easy. ANGST sells like hotcakes.

Walter said:
You've got a good point. Mainstream music today is obviously marketed to teens and pre-teens. And for a solid 5 minutes, I couldn't figure out why.  Now that I'm older and make my own cash, I can buy several times the number of CDs I used to.  When I was younger, I had to mow two lawns to get a single CD.  Now I buy at least two CDs a month, with pocket change.

And then it dawned on me.  My tastes in music (and just about everything really...) are getting more and more selective, narrowing down to music that takes years to produce or bands that achieve brilliance on one album alone.  The taste I've developed is difficult to mass-produce.  But when you're 13, it's easy. ANGST sells like hotcakes.

Finally, have you bought more or less CDs lately?

ShinHell9

ranemaka13 said:
Thats harsh...well ya know there was a week or two that I liked Limp Bizkit, I've pretty much been spared from the mainstream market's ploys because when I was young my brother was a Jazz musician and back then I knew everything about jazz, I was his understudy, and I loved Ben Monder's music, it's still great. When in doubt, listen to Jazz. My tastes have spread out a bit over time to encompass old skool hip hop...yeah I know not my usual but it's good when I'm in the mood, whatever category The Shins is in, Post-Hardcore, Metal...well actually I always liked metal, but now I like more metal, Progressive Music (I love prog!), Jazz, Electronica, and prolly alot of others that I can't think of. Also I love 80s pop, don't ask me why, I just do.

I'm into so many different types of music (basically everything), but I guess I'm mostly into metal so ill just jot down a few bands from the metal Genre (and I wont list they’re sub-genre’s).

Short List
Pink Floyd (favorite rock band of all time. I know its not metal but I had to add them)
Arch Enemy
Lamb Of God
Rammstein
Remembering Never
The Red Chord
Korn
Slipknot (the old albums)
Six Feet Under
Vader
Metallica
Martyr AD

ShinHell9

I started listening to the Shins alot, again. I'm listening to them so much that I'm buying all the singles for the one or two songs they never put on the main two albums.

Top Bottom