what was the worst game you ever played?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I'm over halfway through XS1 on my second playthrough. Its still a fun game, I just wish that the battle animations were faster.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Majin Tenshi said:
I'm over halfway through XS1 on my second playthrough. Its still a fun game, I just wish that the battle animations were faster.

Really? I only wished that there was a mute button for MOMO's voice. But Xenosaga made me want to play through Xenogears again. *sigh* the memories :)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Majin Tenshi said:
-Apock-, theres this thing called an edit button... learn to use it or suffer stabity death.

If you though FFX was a movie, you should try Xenosaga. >:D

Movies can be good or bad. FFX was bad. Xenosaga is... well, I have no idea. I do own the game, mind you, but I haven't been able to afford modding my PS2 just yet.

Majin_Tenshi

Makkuro said:
Movies can be good or bad. FFX was bad. Xenosaga is... well, I have no idea. I do own the game, mind you, but I haven't been able to afford modding my PS2 just yet.
this is another one of those days when I wonder why europeans don't just import thier systems to begin with...

(what? All you need is a NTSC TV and your obvious english ability. I don't think many games get good translations besides english anyways)

Makkuro

Majin Tenshi said:
this is another one of those days when I wonder why europeans don't just import thier systems to begin with...

(what? All you need is a NTSC TV and your obvious english ability. I don't think many games get good translations besides english anyways)

Well, the problem is, import games are usually more expensive. What's more, it's far from all games that are actually sold as imports in Sweden. Usually, it's just the high profile titles, like FF games or Xenosaga.

You're right about the translation bit, though. The only console game I've ever seen translated to Swedish is Shadowgate for the NES. And it was a pretty crappy translation.

Majin_Tenshi

this is why you get a credit card and order them online. Or, (at least, i think it works around here) find a local gameing store and see if they do special orders.

Makkuro

Majin Tenshi said:
this is why you get a credit card and order them online. Or, (at least, i think it works around here) find a local gameing store and see if they do special orders.

I live in a small mining city in the extreme north of Sweden. We don't have local gaming stores.

Majin_Tenshi

Makkuro said:
I live in a small mining city in the extreme north of Sweden. We don't have local gaming stores.
I bet you still have a postal service. apparently internet too. All that leaves is the whole "credit card" bit....

Makkuro

Majin Tenshi said:
I bet you still have a postal service. apparently internet too. All that leaves is the whole "credit card" bit....

Yeah, well, I already get all my games by mail order. But even so, you can't really get a wide variety of import games in Sweden, unless you order from abroad. And that opens up a whole new can of worms and fees.

Makkuro

MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
no, they really make 'em. I think the one for Xbox is called evolution X or something, I forget the ps2 one. I'll look em up.

update- ps2 ones, here-http://www.emulatorzone.com/catalog/playstation2/Mod_Chips/
looks like they're sold out of solderless though, but that usb key+jumper one looks cool. There's an xbox one called Xecuter, too but it's at least $50.

Sw33t! I must try and find one of these babies in Sweden.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Ecco was great,actually.

Ever played Rival Turf on SNES??That's one of the crappiest beat them all ever made...

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
WORST GAME EVER:

Tie.

#1A - HYDLIDE (NES)

#1B - TOTAL RECALL (NES)

Now, some little-known facts about some of the things mentioned earlier in this topic.

"Street Combat (SNES)" - This game was actually an (equally crappy) Ranma 1/2 fighting game in Japan. US people took it, edited the sprites to random clowns and cyborgs, and released it in the states under the Street Combat title. How do you make a bad fighting game worse? Exactly like that.

DBZ - Ultimate Battle 22 for the PSX did indeed suck boulders. However, if you wanted to play a slightly less crappy version, DBZ - Ultimate Battle 22 for the Sega Saturn was a semi-decent version of the game. The best thing about it being the fact that it had SPLIT SCREEN. This at least doubles the fun factor of the game. =)

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I also have the Saturn version and never felt it was better than the playstation one.It plays totally different,it's a different game altogether.Overall,the game is more beautiful (except for the intro,which looks MUCH better on playstation...),but that's about it...

Top Bottom