Which character would you have tattooed on you?

actually i already have one it's the brand on my neck...same place as Guts', by the way geting a tat on your neck isnt the most pleasent feeling because they have to "dig" depper than usually, i just imagined what it feels like for Guts to be around apostles

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Got my lil Puck tattoo...as soon as I finish this recent roll of film in my camera I'll post it here. It's the exact same one that shows up here on the post reply space...lil Puck with his two chestnut burrs...kicking ass for Guts and all goodness!!

LG

And yes it did hurt. On my left outer ankle bone.

KS

eyes? who needs eyes?!
Bill said:
That was the one I was thinking ;) The Hawk would be a cool tattoo to have, perhaps the brand as well but with the magical seal over it (from the recent chapters) cause that makes it look that much better.
right...
the only problem with the hawk tattoo, is that it looks stragely like a nazi tattoo... for whatever reason, especially in red... it kinda reminds me of the tattoo ed norton has in american history x... even though the wings go down, instead of up...

it just looks questionable, especially since nobody'll know what it really is
and i wont get the benefit of the doubt being white with blonde hair ;(

SexyCharlotte

Mizar said:
Women don't have a higher pain tolerance than men, that's a myth. Almost all studies have actually shown the opposite.

Check these articles for instance:
http://www.freshangles.com/realtime/science/articles/97.html
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DyeHard/dyehard030417.html
http://www.scienceblog.com/community/article1451.html
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro02/web2/acunningham.html

Bullshit. The American Medical Association released a study in the New England Journal of Medicine that said specifically women need far less opiate painkillers during surgery than men, and it had nothing to do with men being bigger and heavier. Pound per pound, the amount milligram wise of painkillers needed still indicated women needed far less.

And I'd like to see you pass something the size of a watermelon through the opening in your dick and still say that you can stand more pain than a woman.

LG

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Lady Griffith said:
Bullshit. The American Medical Association released a study in the New England Journal of Medicine that said specifically women need far less opiate painkillers during surgery than men, and it had nothing to do with men being bigger and heavier. Pound per pound, the amount milligram wise of painkillers needed still indicated women needed far less.

That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with pain tolerance, maybe women just react more sensitive to those opiates, just like women react more sensitive to alcohol than men and get drunk sooner. I doubt the study you mentioned here was really focused on the difference in pain tolerance between men and women. Do you perhaps have a link to an article or the study itself or something, I'd like to have a look at their conclusions.
Whatever it is, fact remains that most studies (not all!) have shown that men have a higher pain tolerance than women. Note however that we're talking about certain acute forms of pain, not chronical forms of pain like cancer, where tolerance and experience of pain seem to be about equal between the two genders.
Take this recent study here for instance which was published in the April issue of Psychosomatic Medicine this year. 81 participants had to keep their hands in a bucket of very cold water as long as they could. The results were clear: men could keep their hands significantly longer in the cold water and reported less pain than women. So, I'm asking you, if women have such a high tolerance of pain, why weren't they able to keep their hands longer in the freezing water?

And I'd like to see you pass something the size of a watermelon through the opening in your dick and still say that you can stand more pain than a woman.

Yeah, ok, and I'd like to see you pass something the size of a watermelon through your NOSE and still say the same thing. Come on, don't you think it's a little unfair to compare the rather small opening of my dick with the opening of your cunt? (forgive me for my crudeness)

But the argument that women must have a higher pain tolerance because they have to go through the pains of labor sounds like common sense of the 16th century to my ears. Very easy thing to say and intuitively it sounds almost reasonable, but in reality it holds no ground whatsoever.

However, something that has been found in some studies and which sounds more reasonable to me is that actual changes in the hormonal levels (high oestrogen levels) in the women body before and during labor causes the pain tolerance to become temporarily higher. Also, some studies have indicated that pain tolerance in women is fluctuating along with their menstrual cycle. They found that when oestrogen levels are highest (during ovulation) their pain tolerance is higher and about equal to men's, but when oestrogen levels are lowest (+/- five days before period starts) their pain tolerance is lower. I haven't looked carefully at these studies myself so don't take my word for it, but what we probably can conclude from this is that the hormone oestrogen is playing some role in the experience of pain in women. Btw, the male hormone testosterone also seems to play a large role in the experience of pain; men with larger amounts of testosterone have a higher pain tolerance. Also one study showed that female rats injected with testosterone had a higher pain tolerance than normal females.

But this is all a part of a larger and much more complicated debate about things like kappa receptors and mu-receptors and whatnot, so there's really no definite conclusion reached yet about the differences in pain tolerance between men and women. And I'm no expert on this field so I better stop here. ;)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
This kind of discussion is so stupid. Can we please agree that pain tolerance has more to do with individual differences than what sort of apparatus resides between your legs?

Unless we're talking about a knee to the balls, that is.

G

Genn21

I'd never actully heard the myth or the accusation ... or even the theory when i asked a anatomy proffesor yesterday. That woman have a higer pain tolerance than men ???. Exactly where did this whole thing come out of. Speculation's like this are raw sewage for anti male discression/female domination type of fight's.

SexyCharlotte

Genn21 said:
I'd never actully heard the myth or the accusation ... or even the theory when i asked a anatomy proffesor yesterday. That woman have a higer pain tolerance than men ???. Exactly where did this whole thing come out of. Speculation's like this are raw sewage for anti male discression/female domination type of fight's.

Then how about you quit adding YOUR sewage to this discussion about tattoos and go start another thread? With the way you spell, it's amazing that you have the verbiage to even ask a professor intelligently about the utilization of pain differences. You should stick to what you know best: and here's a hint:
you know that name Walter gave you a while back?

LG

SexyCharlotte

Makkuro said:
This kind of discussion is so stupid. Can we please agree that pain tolerance has more to do with individual differences than what sort of apparatus resides between your legs?

Unless we're talking about a knee to the balls, that is.

And that's where this whole discussion is going to end. Mizar already got the knee to groin :D

( Mizar you know what I mean!!! ;))

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
getting back to the topic well a cool berserk tat for me would be on my back whit skully in his horse looking all badass as he always does whit zod in apostle form behind him roaring whit is wings open

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Lady Griffith said:
And that's where this whole discussion is going to end. Mizar already got the knee to groin :D

( Mizar you know what I mean!!! ;))

Oooh yeah, I know what you mean alright. But tell me, how did I handle the pain? ;)

But ok, this discussion is over, let's get back on topic. So where is the picture of that cute lil Puck tattoo of yours? :D

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
1) I would rather have Zodd (in a demonic cool sort of way) be tattoed on my back 8)

2) wow, Lady Griffith is sayin some hard cruel words for someone who wants to get a cute Puck tattoed on her ankle ;)

3) and just to tell you, a knee to the groin hurts ALOT! if i knee you in the puss it wouldnt hurt you as much, and its not because of pain tolerance, its because you dont have two sacks to protect!

SexyCharlotte

Don't mistake cute for nice ;)

I don't have a digital camera and right now, my camera film is at number 12 on a roll of 36 exposures.

The Puck looks exactly like the image that you see when you post your message...the message background is wallpapered with Puck and his two kick ass chestnut burrs flying through the air. I didn't have mine colored in...just the top of his head is bluish and the chestnut burrs I had outlined in black with a little green in it. The way he's colored sort of peach ( see the AOW figures of Puck) wouldn't show on my skin.

But he is damn cute.
As soon as the film gets used up he's getting posted here :) along with the rest of my Berserk collection.

LG

Top Bottom