Which character would you have tattooed on you?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Genn21 said:
Amazing and i thought all along it was a abv. whoops ! abbreviated version of japanese. Oh no guess all have to watch out for those guys who say white instead of caucasion , being racist.

captain%20obvious.gif

Goob job idenifieing the context of the post and clearly understanding it must be racism instead of a abbreviation char, that was a pure stroke of genius useing a whole post to note it out to.

Sort of like the way you clutter this board up with your mispelled words and basically annoy the shit out of everyone, including the moderators, who should have kept your name appropriately changed to garbageman or Shootin' the Breeze sectionman.
Much more fitting.

Kaminari said:
Slann, w/out a doubt. I know, some of you would say "but you're a girl!?". Don't give a damn. That demonic little vixen, is just too sweet of a representation (of myself, among other things) for a little detail like that to matter.

Otherwise, it'd be the behelit, logo (in japanese) or the brand. Agh. The brand & logo are so typical tho...I'd like to design something (ideally), from a scene in the manga or something. Perhaps along the lines of the pic of Femto hatching from the behelit. That would be pretttty nice.

Oooh, or a backpiece...Judeau...w/Guts & Griffith on opposing shoulders or some crap. Meoow, they'd complement my current tatts nicely, haha
:D

Wow...why not just an entire scene from the manga tattooed on your back.

thedarkhawk said:
LG, you're definitely lovely sick.
Guil

Definitely.

LG

KS

eyes? who needs eyes?!
number18 said:
This girl on another forum I'm on was talking about maybe getting Caska's brand...on the boobie...which is neat.
haha, JIL's crazy :p shouldn't gauge things by her.. but yeh, it is a cool idea... I'd say she's definitely getting it.. she never raised any negative points about not getting it

Wow...why not just an entire scene from the manga tattooed on your back.

LG
heh, that's actually not a bad idea ;) :D

i would either get the brand on the base of my neck.. where Guts has it, just lower, so it's hidden...

or the band of the hawk symbol on my shoulder.. that one is actually under slight consideration *shrugs*

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Lady Griffith said:
Sort of like the way you clutter this board up with your mispelled words and basically annoy the shit out of everyone, including the moderators, who should have kept your name appropriately changed to garbageman or trashcanman.
Much more fitting.

LG

Glad someone finally said it. 8)

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
kimchan said:
Glad someone finally said it. 8)

I think he's pretty funny. But the Captian obvious post was not one of his best. Glen21, don't loose your irreverent nonsensical charm to pointless bickering.

*hugz*

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Genn21 said:
Amazing and i thought all along it was a abv. whoops ! abbreviated version of japanese. Oh no guess all have to watch out for those guys who say white instead of caucasion , being racist.

captain%20obvious.gif

Goob job idenifieing the context of the post and clearly understanding it must be racism instead of a abbreviation char, that was a pure stroke of genius useing a whole post to note it out to.

Umm...no. Actually, Genn, the proper abbreviation relating to Japan is Jpn.
Your "abbreviation" shouldn't be used because of the racist connotations given the word during WWII.

SexyCharlotte

I was quoted 40 bucks for the Puck with chestnut burr. He's going near my ankle this weekend...I'll take a picture and show it off. Only about an inch high...so damn cute!!
LG

G

Genn21

TheSkyTraveller said:
Umm...no. Actually, Genn, the proper abbreviation relating to Japan is Jpn.
Your "abbreviation" shouldn't be used because of the racist connotations given the word during WWII.

The racist ability of the word depend's mostly on the person saying it to the one receiving it. If i was a ww2 angst fighter pilot who had his whole party kamikazied i might be useing it in that context if i was speaking directly to the japanese or behind there back's. This should be fairly obvious that the topic of the post was not in the name of a disparaging term for people of Japanese decent . It was ment as harmless , persuing it in a viscious manner makes it racist tho.

It's kind of the same arguement that can be applied here if a tree fall's in the forest and no one hears it does it really sound? The same can be applied to a racial abbreviation if its not being used in a racist manner or to dignify that race as inferior in any manner it can be taken as harmless and such that no one has heard it ( the bad side ).

That idiot's diatribe blew it out of proportion tho and by default left you replying for her emotional baggage/garbage. I could have done so but i only tend to flame futile jargon 1nce per topic.

Btw ww2's over japans one of america's no#1 friends ( iraq being no80 or something :p ) and i love asian food & people so if you dont like my non racist way's. Go kiss hitler's ass your doing the same thing as he is (was..) hunting down a certain sect you BELEIVE to have problems that makes your existance troubled.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Yeah, and when I call Vietnamese people gooks, it's their own damn fault if they perceive it as being racist.

G

Genn21

Makkuro said:
Yeah, and when I call Vietnamese people gooks, it's their own damn fault if they perceive it as being racist.

Well you put a racial tone on it. call them viet's and how racist does that sound ???

Same thing also you used different wording for a completly different group of people who's origin would'nt be perceived as racist if you shortenened the name of origin a little. For this to actully work makk.

Call them gooks in a jokeing way like a close friend he's not going to murder you about it maybe take it as a aggresive humourous gesture. Only way you can acheive your point is by blowing it out of proportion and useing some racist hillbilly who beleives because he's white that hes superior to everything else.

In a friendly enviormental manner tho . ive seen black people call other's nig , asian people call other's ricers , white guy's call other nig , white guy's call asian's ricers, and they laugh it off.

Its the type of person who says it what the meen by it and who receives it for it to be racism at all.

Btw i heard the brejnav boys say nigga does that make them racist !!!! hmmm ?

Lady Griffith said:
Sort of like the way you clutter this board up with your mispelled words and basically annoy the shit out of everyone, including the moderators, who should have kept your name appropriately changed to garbageman or trashcanman.
Much more fitting.

LG

I totally agrees with u! Genn21 look as though he is bibbering nonsense and most of the time i dunno wat the hack is he talking about ! Wonder which country uses this kind of modified english!

number18

a sci-fi bitch
KS said:
haha, JIL's crazy :p shouldn't gauge things by her.. but yeh, it is a cool idea... I'd say she's definitely getting it.. she never raised any negative points about not getting it heh, that's actually not a bad idea ;) :D

Sweet. I'll have to bug her for pics or something...though I don't really know her that well - just from Anime Boston and the cosplay forums. That's pretty badass though.

But back to tattoos again. I saw some girl the other day with two small circular tattoos on her shoulders...like, really I guess her upper arm, where the shoulder joints are. It was cool...A Band of the Hawk tattoo would be sweet there. but again...I would prolly just put a patch on a jacket as oppossed to a tattoo...nah mean? :D

KS

eyes? who needs eyes?!
yeh, i asked her about it the other day, she said she'll get it in the fall.... since tattoos can't be exposed to too much sunlight/being soaked in water or something like that...

yeh, that was where i was considering the band of the hawk symbol.. cause it follows the contour of the shoulder, with the wings of the hawk... but i dont think i'm gonna do it... too... i dunno, too invovled for my personal tastes :\

i was at ab- posing as the blonde haired gunblade theif :p (kept stealing oshi's gunblade)

SexyCharlotte

If you had it done near the shoulder....it would be pretty painful. I had a friend who had a Celtic custom made design put near the shoulder and he had to be held down by a couple of other guys because it hurt so bad. He may just be a big sissy, but I doubt that.Of course if any of you guys have tattoos you'll know that putting one on the bone, like the ankle, knee ( I've seen that) etc, is much more painful that getting one on your ass or your boobs.

I've worked around girls with lots of tattos...and they all say the same thing. Bone hurts.

I guess I should be grateful Puck is a simple design, will take 15 minutes if even that, because he'll be on my ankle bone.

LG

KS

eyes? who needs eyes?!
Lady Griffith said:
If you had it done near the shoulder....it would be pretty painful.
i dunno, i dont think so... i have enough meat/muscle on my shoulder where the tatt would go, so it wouldn't be a big deal... the other possible place would be behind the shoulder though, next to the shoulder blade... that one would hurt a bit more.. my friend has a dragon right there..

yeh, bones are supposed to be HORRIBLE... i want to get a tattoo on my forearm, and i know thats gonna kill... you have guts for getting it on your ankle bone... i definitely wouldn't want to get one there ><

Vishak

I'm a llama!
As soon as I finished watching the Anime I thought immediately about getting a tattoo. What do you think of having Guts face, where his sword is over his shoulder, and he's staring at you with one eye (I think it's on the cover of the first DVD that was released with English voice overs "War Cry" or something). I havn't really decided where I would put it though, the bicep may not have enough surface area.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Agent don't be so quick to judge or insult Genn21 I can't understand what your saying either, however it's not because you spout nonsense it's because your posts look like you ate all the abbreviations and internet talk you could find and then regurgitated all over your posts. Bah maybe I just hate internet shorthand. Anyway I want to get my avatar tattoed on my forehead.

don't be bustin on Genn, he be my boy. How about a tattoo of that pig demon guts fought when he first got the dragonslayer? exposed intestines, they're just beautiful.

SexyCharlotte

KS said:
i dunno, i dont think so... i have enough meat/muscle on my shoulder where the tatt would go, so it wouldn't be a big deal... the other possible place would be behind the shoulder though, next to the shoulder blade... that one would hurt a bit more.. my friend has a dragon right there..

yeh, bones are supposed to be HORRIBLE... i want to get a tattoo on my forearm, and i know thats gonna kill... you have guts for getting it on your ankle bone... i definitely wouldn't want to get one there ><

It's a known medical fact that women can stand more pain than men. The only place for Puck I ever had planned was on my ankle there...people have to look closely to see what it is. Then alas, I have to explain all about fairy dust and the magic of Berserk :D

LG

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Lady Griffith said:
It's a known medical fact that women can stand more pain than men.
Now I'm not calling women weak or frail Indeed I know women who could kick my ass. But where praytell did you hear that?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
don't be bustin on Genn, he be my boy. How about a tattoo of that pig demon guts fought when he first got the dragonslayer? exposed intestines, they're just beautiful.
Wow, all the morons gather around the great cause! For justice!

KS

eyes? who needs eyes?!
lg - oh i know, but thats still a lot of pain

SATAN said:
But where praytell did you hear that?
its proven fact that women have a higher pain tolerance than men.. evolution-dude, do you think you could give birth? fuck no... me neither
thats why they have a higher pain tolerance.. evolution and shite

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
KS said:
its proven fact that women have a higher pain tolerance than men.. evolution-dude, do you think you could give birth? fuck no... me neither
thats why they have a higher pain tolerance.. evolution and shite

Women don't have a higher pain tolerance than men, that's a myth. Almost all studies have actually shown the opposite.

Check these articles for instance:
http://www.freshangles.com/realtime/science/articles/97.html
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DyeHard/dyehard030417.html
http://www.scienceblog.com/community/article1451.html
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro02/web2/acunningham.html

Bill

Daydreaming....
KS said:
or the band of the hawk symbol on my shoulder.. that one is actually under slight consideration *shrugs*

That was the one I was thinking ;) The Hawk would be a cool tattoo to have, perhaps the brand as well but with the magical seal over it (from the recent chapters) cause that makes it look that much better.

Top Bottom