Who will be Guts' next ally?

Boonki said:
I think it was about 2 years ago when the guys with the big knuckles fought that one group, right? What's happened with him since?

2 yrs ago? I think only recently, last appearance in vol 22

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
Ok, revamping the whole "new band of hawks around Guts" comparison.

Serpico = Judeau
Farneze = Casca (old)
Isidro = Corkus (with a penchant to be like Guts as well)
Azam (when he joins) = Pippen
Puck = Rickert
Guts = Griffith!?

J

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
I'd see a Guts/Silatt alliance to be out of somewhat reluctance but remember the old saying to keep your friends close but your enemies closer..

:D. I remember Gorath in Raymone E Feist's "Krondor: The Betrayal" saying something similar to that: "You never know when a friend might betray you, but with an enemy, you always know what you might expect from him", or something like that :).

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
With an exception of Mule (who I think is for Griffith's bedroom kicks), most of Griffith's follower's seem to be apostles. Silat is a good warrior, but I don't think he fits the mold that the other main warriors of Griffith's army has set. There's been a lot of talk about Silat on this thread, but when is the last time he was mentioned in the book? Just curious. I think it was about 2 years ago when the guys with the big knuckles fought that one group, right? What's happened with him since?

Hmm, that's something i'd like to know as well: What happened? Perhaps, if we meet Silatt again, there'll be a flashback of what happened then. However, I still think he could be a potiental ally of Gatts. And as for him beign able to follow Griffith, I don't think that's something that he could do. He doesn't seem to be the type who's amazed beyond belief about what Griffith's doing, nor does hew seemt ob e the type who'd follow such a kind of "Miracle man" or whatever you could call Griffith ^^;

As for those of his army being apostles... Well, that isn't entirly proved yet; none of them has transformed yet :p. But I admit, that there's more than a few things that are "unnormal" about them...

Filthy Wretch

UHH FUUHHHH
I mean you could take that as a joke but Zodd seems to respect Guts especially after the fight on the hill of swords or maybe he will join because he thinks Griffith is the ultimate strong one and he wants to fight him from the opposite side. Maybe it's just me but I think it would be cool to see Guts, SK, Zodd, Serpico and Azan take on Griffith and his closest henchman or maybe even take on the god hand.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Filthy Wretch said:
I mean you could take that as a joke but Zodd seems to respect Guts especially after the fight on the hill of swords or maybe he will join because he thinks Griffith is the ultimate strong one and he wants to fight him from the opposite side.
This logic makes no sense. Why the sudden change of heart in Zodd? He's "known" Griffith was the USO since volume 17, and has since been a perfect puppy dog for him.

G

Genn21

I would not highly doubt that miura has never thought of teaming gutts up with a apostle. One who would either be his friend or hide in sheeps clothing and kill him later when the moment arises.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Genn21 said:
I would not highly doubt that miura has never thought of teaming gutts up with a apostle. One who would either be his friend or hide in sheeps clothing and kill him later when the moment arises.
Weren't you the guy who thought that Serpico was an Apostle all along? That was a good one.

G

Genn21

:D , I never said he was a apostle. ( dumbass har har har ) he was just a option on my topic you nuked. There were 5-6 possible people to chose as being potential people on the side of griffith who would backstab gut's if given the right chance and serpico was one of the choices.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Genn21 said:
:D , I never said he was a apostle. ( dumbass har har har ) he was just a option on my topic you nuked. There were 5-6 possible people to chose as being potential people on the side of griffith who would backstab gut's if given the right chance and serpico was one of the choices.
Oh my bad, it was Rickert that was your REALLY laughable option. Wow, thanks for reminding me !

G

Genn21

Walter said:
Oh my bad, it was Rickert that was your REALLY laughable option. Wow, thanks for reminding me !

I dont remember if he was a option or not ( now im really going off topic ). If you do good for you. there were 5-6 choices and it was a opinionated poll anyone could choose who they want. I do actully remember some voteing for serpico ( wow that completly makes your last post in vain.) Here's a tip try to remember thing's from a previous post that actully support what your saying and dont go against you.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Actually if you could remember your own post, this sadly relates. Your premise was that one of Guts own allies was an apostle ALL ALONG.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Walter said:
actually i think Rickert might join the new hawks but he never wont be against Guts either.
Guil

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Walter said:
Rickert in the Neo Hawks? What about his reaction in Chapter 183?
I know. But he may realize Griffith is saving the world from Kushan and sympathize with Mule and Sonia. I think there is not many chances he enters the Falcons... or he may enter with a Rakshas-like purpose. Anyway I'm pretty sure he has a role in the upcoming events, even if it isn't exactly at Guts' side. Kindof a 'third player'.
Guil

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... Im looking through 183 again, and there's one page that convinced me of your argument, Guil.

Page 13:

Rickert: "Take me with you!"
Guts: "I can't..."
Rickert: "Why?!"
Guts: "You can't hate Griffith."

The look on Rickert's face here... Definitely alluding to Rickert's role in the future. Guts recognizes the circumstances too.

How is this relevant to the topic? Well, it's an inverse subject of the original topic, "Who will be the next ally of Guts?" Now it's "Who will be the next ally of Griffith..." 8) .. Still not 100% sold, but Guil, you have me curious.

Top Bottom