Who will kill Griffith?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Lady Griffith said:
Well maybe he'll have Griffith's head in a jar after all. We know little about some of Griffith's followers...

LG

He was always a strange one, what with the mask and the whole "unhinging his bones" thing.

I just think Rakshas is cool. ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
A.S.s. said:
I doubt his capability though!

Yet Serpico is going to kill Griffith according to you? I think Griffith is going to die in a tragic motorcycle accident.

-Griffith

G

Genn21

No way in hell serpico will kill him he's more of a side character than a main one.

A nice twist would be griffiths greed finally getting the better of him and laying him to waste. No one would be able to hurt him then. Yet there would be no fight that way and miura would'nt want that. We'd need to see gut's & griffith duke it out the battle of the superpowers , causeality vs man.

I suspect a far more tragic ending tho. Miura loves to get the reader's feeling for the chars.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
kimchan said:
It's not really a theory I guess. I just think that it's possible that he meant it when he said he'd cut off Griffith's head.

He might be disappointed to know, through, that he wouldn't be able to do that :3. Maybe, he's in a way like Usui from Rurouni Kenshin? Usui said, after all, that he'd somedat take Shishio's head, but during his fight with Saitoh, it turned out that he in reality feared Shishio and keept saying that to fool the people around him, thinking that he wanted revenge, when he had alreday given it up a long time ago...
It'd be interesting, through, if, say... The battle between Gatts & company VS the Apostle Army & Griffith takes place, and the apostle army is defeated and Griffith flees into the woods or something, only to be stopped by Rakshas, who says something like "I said it before, didn't I? I'd take you read one day..." ;D

He was always a strange one, what with the mask and the whole "unhinging his bones" thing.

That he's strange, that I'll have to agree with :).. wonder what he looks like beneath the mask and the black clothes of his?

I just think Rakshas is cool. ;D

I agree with that too ;D

Griffith said:
Yet Serpico is going to kill Griffith according to you?

-Griffith

LOL! I almost forgot about that! Btw that was just my speculation!

Genn21 said:
I suspect a far more tragic ending tho. Miura loves to get the reader's feeling for the chars.

Like what? Like Gutz died while Griffith survived and live happily ever after with his princess charlotte in his new kingdom?

Note: This idea once crossed my mind, Berserk might really end in tragic such as the good guys got the retribution while the evils reap all the reward! It might be unlikely but let be realistic, that is how life works sometime!

Dark Wanderer

Genn21 said:

Well, I throught someone said before that Miura has said before that the manga will have a happy ending? Currently, I don't see how he could do that, through and he might have changed his mind...

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Didn't Miura say that the ending won't be totally desperate? That's significantly different than a "happy ending". Since I don't know Japanese and I don't have the link to the interview on hand, could somebody else clarify this?

I don't know... conventional thinking here dictates that Griffith will be killed but Miura has surprised us time and time again. Maybe he'll survive in the end.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I was kinda thinking about this and I seriously thought... What about Farnese? So far she has been quite a burden to the group with the whole "Can't fight thing". I wonder if maybe by the time she does get the ability to fight, she will end up hurting Griffith severly or maybe killing him but dying as well and giving some little speech about how she now knows what it's like to fight for something...yatta yatta yatta. Anyhoo those are my 2 cents... :-*

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What about Farnese?

What about Caska? Maybe she was the one that kill Griffith (becz out of the whole group only Griffith trust and care for Caska, maybe she got the opportunity to assasinate Griffith)?

That will be a interesting twist becz we know that Griffith was like a god to her and she would even die for Griffith. So who will expect that she was the one?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
A.S said:
What about Caska? Maybe she was the one that kill Griffith (becz out of the whole group only Griffith trust and care for Caska, maybe she got the opportunity to assasinate Griffith)?

That will be a interesting twist becz we know that Griffith was like a god to her and she would even die for Griffith. So who will expect that she was the one?

I don't know. He did use the body of her demonic child for his rebirth and she still seems pretty attached to that. Some bad stuff would have to happen in order for that to be plausible.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Didn't Miura say that the ending won't be totally desperate? That's significantly different than a "happy ending". Since I don't know Japanese and I don't have the link to the interview on hand, could somebody else clarify this?
He said that the ending "won't be a pessimistic one". This is in response to the interviewer asking Miura if the manga ending would be paralleled by the anime's. Anyway Psymont, why couldn't it end "happy" ? Stretch your imagination.

Dark Wanderer

Well, Miura's the author of the manga, so if he wants a happy ending, thent here'll be a happy ending there. The only question is if it'll be done in a good way. Some good endings are quite badly done, since the good ending wasn't really logic...

kingofloss

almost a llama!
Hm, maybe another interesting Theory would be, as some here already said, Caska, because, as we saw at the Tower of Conviction (right name?), her demonic Baby seems to kinda "use" other "Demons" to help her..SO, now, her "demonic Baby" obviusly is Griffith, so if he threatens her - or maybe if she will find her Love for Guts again, if he threatens him? - maybe this "Baby-part" of Griffith will..save Caska from himself? Seems kinda logical and unlogical at the same time ^^'
But maybe the Baby will cast all those killed by Griffith to kill Griffith..and itself? hm..
Oh, yes my first Post here, Hello!

M

medievald00d

Griffith COULD live and take his kingdom, and if Caska's memory returned, then Guts and Caska could live happily ever after, and Griffith could marry Charlotte and have a somewhat happy life....

Its implausible, but hey, it could happen. And then Griffith wouldnt have to die, and this thread would be pointless

Stop reviving old threads Kingofloss...

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Hmm, Rakshas maybe?

In my opinion...

rakushas.jpg
is to
griff.jpg

as

usui.jpg
is to
shishio.jpg

as

starscream.jpg
is to
megatron.jpg

^_^ The poor guy has no chance.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I think there will definitely be a show down between the two old adversaries. But someone else will probably play an equally important role in Griffith's downfall/death.
LG

Lady Griffith said:
But someone else will probably play an equally important role in Griffith's downfall/death.
LG

Caska would be the most suitable role for that, unless u r saying it is Puck! :p

R

Radzeke

HAS IT OCCURRED TO SOME THAT PERHAPS BERSERK WILL HAVE A GOOD ENDING? ONE WHERE GUTS AND GRIFFITH COME TO A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF EACH OTHER!?

NAAAH! GUTS WILL CUT GRIFFITH IN TWO FOR BEING A HOMOGAY! CASCA WILL HELP! THE END! GOOD CHOICE GUYS!

SKuLL LoRD
ghost.gif

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!
I doubt you needed to write it that annoyingly big, but anyways.

IMO All theories about anyone not linked to another plane of existance killing Griifith (Or by the time of his death "King Griffith") are off. Anyone remember when all the arrows passed through Griffith, that happened because he didnt live on that plane of existance. Caska while on the 'edge' is still not quite in another realm.I truely doubt any human besides Guts could kill him... of course thats as long as none of the people around griffith are really human. I think being around astral or whatever realm they are from people for long enough would affect your known realm.

Long block evil paragraph, how do you like it. Anyways, it could always be some wizard that hasnt been introduced yet...

R

Radzeke

THE ARROWS DID NOT GO THROUGH GRIFFITH! THEY MISSED HIM! HE IS NOT PATRICK SWAYZE!
ghost.gif

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
sKuLlLoRd_fEmt0_APocALYpSe said:
HAS IT OCCURRED TO SOME THAT PERHAPS BERSERK WILL HAVE A GOOD ENDING? ONE WHERE GUTS AND GRIFFITH COME TO A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF EACH OTHER!?

NAAAH! GUTS WILL CUT GRIFFITH IN TWO FOR BEING A HOMOGAY! CASCA WILL HELP! THE END! GOOD CHOICE GUYS!

I love you! *fangirl squeeeeee*

Considering that it was Guts who started the whole thing, I do think your first concept does have merit. The reason we feel so much sympathy for Guts is because of the pain he went through due to Griffith. But Griffith went through pain because of Guts as well. Guts left. You could argue Guts left because of Griffith, and that Griffith's revenge was just over the top. But Griffith is a very damaged person, the pain he felt upon Guts leaving was probably monumental. And the reason why Guts left is also because he was a very damaged person and didn't have the emotional latitude to realize what Griffith was really saying. Every act and intent revolves around one person when you're suffering, yourself. Guts was being acutely self involved when he left.

Not that this absolves Griffith of having done ugly things.

A good story has growth and since it all started with a lack of understanding, potentially it could end with deep understanding. :)

P

psymont

i believe that griffiths inner guts' baby will bring a sliver of humanity back into griffith heart and make griffith repeal all of his sadistic actions of the past few years .... including bringing back Judeau!!!!!(maybe pushing it) .... then griffith will end his own life leaving guts feeling torn because he finally saw the griffith he had once known, even if it was for just a moment ....

Top Bottom