The Dark Knight Rises

You could attribute that to being an IMAX thing, where the camera is loud and it;s known to get directors to re-dub some scenes. You also could probably hear
Bane talk at the beginning because none of the windows were shattered and there was no air in the passenger section as yet. Nope, I didn't notice that thing about the mask, I was too close, I may have missed it! >_<'

Oburi said:
I won't bother linking the trailer because I'm sure it will be removed but from what i saw it didn't look bad but it did have a few action scenes that were completely unrealistic. I can already tell that this movie will require massive suspension of disbelief, more than TDK. There was one scene where a football player is running for a touchdown and the whole field is blowing up behind him and guys are flying around and dying but he just keeps on running (dosn't hear it/feel it) until he finally runs into the end zone and turns around to see ... oh shit. Its comical.

lol. This is Batman we're talking about right?

Oburi said:
Yea, unless Nolan took some unused footage from Transformers 3.
Huh? I watched that scene and those explosions are rapid behind the running football player. He's in the middle of his run, barely takes a few steps forward and stops, turns around. His body language didn't show disbelief or fear, you only see his back. Didn't look unnatural to me.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Michael Caine >

And WOW, I can't believe they ripped off the party scene from Batman Returns! Other than that, the action and human drama seem interesting enough, though that football scene sure didn't look great. Still, what better way to establish Bane's soulless depravity than attacking our most sacred institution? Think of all the fantasy teams he screwed over with that little stunt! Anyway, I hate (love) to keep beating a dead horse, but if they're going to keep playing up the whole LEGEND ENDS thing, why didn't they just call it The Dark Knight Ends or Batman Ends since they're clearly trying to bring it full circle? Makes me think the legend really isn't going to end, or at least there had better be more than just one fleeting reference to "rising" to justify a shitty title that's going to continue to irk me even if this is the best film of all time. Actually, it would probably bother me even more then. I kind of hope it is bad so I can just forget about it altogether. =)

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Well I remember alot of people were skeptical about Heath Ledger as the Joker before the Dark Knight was released, and look how that turned out, so...despite the things we might worry about for the Dark knight rises, I wont give any opinion on what we have seen thus far untill we see the full film with all of the context.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Lord Leith said:
Well I remember alot of people were skeptical about Heath Ledger as the Joker before the Dark Knight was released, and look how that turned out, so...despite the things we might worry about for the Dark knight rises, I wont give any opinion on what we have seen thus far untill we see the full film with all of the context.

Skeptical when we saw the makeup, not when we saw him act and speak. Ledger was the only redeeming factor of that movie.
This new trailer is lackluster. Not to mention that horrible football scene. And yet again, Bale is almost nowhere to be heard, probably providing another boring and stale performance as Batman. So, who will carry this movie? I really like Tom Hardy, but i don't think they went in the right direction with Bane. As for Catwoman, another proof that Nolan has shitty taste in actresses.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
that football scene sure didn't look great.
It certainly didn't inspire horror or shock. My reaction was more like: "....Okay? What?"

It's largely the fault of the sound quality on this shitty handcam, but I'm not quite sure what to make of Hardy's accent. Is he supposed to sound like an evil British robot? If so, he nailed it.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Walter said:
It certainly didn't inspire horror or shock. My reaction was more like: "....Okay? What?"

It's largely the fault of the sound quality on this shitty handcam, but I'm not quite sure what to make of Hardy's accent. Is he supposed to sound like an evil British robot? If so, he nailed it.

Well...truth be told, the only voice Bane has had untill now was a stereotypical Luchador voice, so which of the two would you prefer? I know neither is the best option but Im sure it could be worse... :sad:

NightCrawler said:
As for Catwoman, another proof that Nolan has shitty taste in actresses.

I was upset when I heard that Kate Beckinsale was lobbying for Catwoman and nothing ever came of it. We've already seen her in latex. She's passed the Catwoman trial as far as I'm concerned. But no big deal, I suppose. Anne Hathaway, however, I'm more upset about. Never was a fan of hers, but that was irrelevant when it came to just how utterly stupid I thought she looked on her motorcycle on set for this movie.

Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman-Glasses-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg

You know something's wrong when the cool tech doesn't make you look any cooler.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Can't make much of Bane's so called accent, but mainly it's because of the shitty audio. I can say that there are many people in the spanish language that develop one hell of a weird accent. I'm not defending Nolan in any way, specially with the horrible Batman grunting voice. But I'm not going to jump into conclusions until I actually see the flick. I have question about what Bane was doing in the end though... It wasn't clear enough for me to figure it out I guess. Overall? I can't expect much really. I'm with the whole "Condtradicting tittle" ordeal btw.

Griffith

I actually have no problem with Bane's voice, he sounds sinister enough to me, bad audio quality and all. I'm also good with him being some super-competent terrorist killing machine.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
I actually have no problem with Bane's voice, he sounds sinister enough to me, bad audio quality and all. I'm also good with him being some super-competent terrorist killing machine.
Heh heh. I just saw the trailer, and he didn't sounded bad, but we'll see I guess.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I didn't mind his voice. That's the first time I heard it and it sounds pretty scary given the character. I'm not worried about that so much as Catwoman or some of that footage. That scene with Hathaway with a mask on is jarring. I think it's because of Hathaway herself though, i really don't like her and when she starts whispering it's just ... ugh. It's catwoman that irks me, I actually like Bane.

Griffith

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
The real estate in Gotham City has to be really good because that city is a death trap, your chances of not dying are better in Baltimore City or Detroit. :troll:

Yeah, can you imagine what the reputation and national news coverage of Gotham City would be like after all this shit? That's why nobody watches CNN in these movies, only local news; an outside perspective would immediately destroy the suspension of disbelief. I mean, if there was a terrorist on the loose in New York like the Joker in the last movie, it'd be the talk of the World. That whole city would be shut down and the President would send in the national guard. Plus, once it's established as a recurring problem or the trait of the city, the place would be economically ruined (Ra's al Ghul's plan initially). It really would be more like Detroit than New York or Chicago.

Oburi

All praise Grail

Notice this scene. I wonder if the batcave is finally finished now and either the police or some goons are going down the well.

It's probably Bane and his henchmen who discover the cave. Bane's character has a somewhat photogenic memory and he kinda deduces who Batman really is in the comics. So maybe that's tied into the movie as well.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1215113p1.html

It took me twice to figure out what Bane was saying. "When Gotham is in Ashes, you have my permission to die."

All was well, but that football scene doesn't feel right. Guess we all need to see it within the film to make final judgement.

I wonder where Bruce Wayne is when he hears the chanting and asks what it means. The man behind him who says, "Rise", is that Alfred? Sounded like him...

Thanks for posting that Proj, good quality! Naah, doesn't look like Alfred/ looks short for Alfred. Maybe just a regular inmate or someone known to Bruce somehow.

It's # 9 on IMDB's list of top movies and so what, doesn't mean anything because I think they are regular IMDB members voting on it. TDK and Inception's are rated higher than Star Wars or Seven Samurai or 2001: A Space Odyssey (# 90?! Seriously?! Grrr) which I'd happily disagree with. TDK is an excellent film no doubt, and over-rated in that regard.

Top Bottom