How do you think Berserk will end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello , this is my first post in this forum ,
I believe that the relationship between Guts and Grifis is very well explained by the relationship between Prome and Delos in gigantomakhia .
I believe in the Miura mind are two sides of the same thing, so , for me , berserk will end with Guts who understand and perhaps forgive Grifis. The conclusion , for me , can go two ways :
1 ) Guts defeats Grifis but understand his motivations and forgives him before killing him ( as ken shiro with Raul ) and destroys Falconia .
2 ) Guts , after having been in the situation of being able to kill Grifis , understands that Falconia is a necessity for the " normal people " in the world , and accept Grifis as one who can be "the ruler of the human world " and simply go its own Street

Hello
ps sorry for bad english

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
My 2 cents: At least Serpico has to buy the farm, or "defend" the Bridge of Parting, hm. Guts will fully defeat Griffith and then pull a Cowboy Beebop or even go full Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. This would be a fine death, a broken Dragonslayer, and all of that. He will either be forgotten by time, or even be despised for slaying the "Falcon of Light", yet he will be remembered by his surviving band members and "wife" + possibly son. He deserves at least that much and the Black Swordsman will exist on as a whispered myth. And the world? I don´t think that any of us older readers expected to see a planet wide merging of the Astral Planes to happen (episode 345/46 should be informative) and i don´t believe that it can be truly "undone", but i expect to see humanity head into a neutral or positive direction, freed of causality. Something comparable to the manga ending of Akira, a beauty that one.
I also hope to see the Idea of Evil again, in a small role (not as a boss or anything). Forgot: The volume count will be between 50 and 55.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Abbrà84,

Abbrà84 said:
I believe that the relationship between Guts and Grifis is very well explained by the relationship between Prome and Delos in gigantomakhia .

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
This is what i think of when i try to picture the end of Berserk, i think i wrote it a bit too dramatic and grandiose when a simple description would have sufficed, but that's the sort of mood I get, when I'm made to picture such a monumental moment. :guts:

I've always felt that while Guts and Casca will inevitably kill Griffith, no doubt by exploiting some fatal flaw brought about by the child, the rest of the God Hand will escape harm and retreat back into the deep astral world with their millennia-long plan in shambles. With Skullknight vowing to remain on watch for when they inevitably return with a new 5th (or however many they're missing). This allows Guts to live out his days (or hours depending on how that fight goes) as a human rather than force him down the same path of wraith-dom. Or maybe he will go through with it, there's a lot of factors we can't know at this point that will determine this.

The end reveals the omnipresent narrator who describes the most cataclysmic scenes of the manga, as well as the most personal scenes of Guts like they're describing a long lost legend, is Void, just as it was in the 97 Anime, mulling over how one man derailed the track laid out by God himself to such an extent.

But back to Guts, his fight with Griffith is only half his final battle. Before, during and most likely even after Griffith's defeat the beast will be Guts greatest foe. The biggest fight will be internal, between Guts sane mind (no longer tied to protecting Casca as much as it needed to be in the past) and the parts utterly consumed by revenge at any cost. Maybe it will end with Guts subduing and "taming" the beast, more likely he'll retake that part of his psych and fight alongside it as if it were an "ally". I'm strongly against Guts "falling" to the beast, at least not for any meaningful amount of time, especially not to kill any important friendly characters.

I mean I've tried to base my theories on what I've seen Miura do in the past and how the Berserk universe and characters work but in the end this is tainted by what appeals to me. Until we see where all this Elfhelm business is going, it's too hard to see an ending. The more immediate future of what will happen to Casca clouds everything behind it.

Aazealh said:
Hello Abbrà84,

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

ahahah

i don't find it stupid at all, prome is almost grifis and delos is a variation of gatsu, is the same pattern of characters.
anyway, i think that grifis and gatsu are two face of the same coin, grifis is not only bad, an gatsu is not only good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abbrà84 said:
i don't find it stupid at all, prome is almost grifis and delos is a variation of Guts, is the same pattern of characters.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because I think you're completely wrong and I don't even understand how you could think that.
Also the name is spelled "Griffith".

Aazealh said:
We'll have to agree to disagree then because I think you're completely wrong and I don't even understand how you could think that.
Also the name is spelled "Griffith".

ok,
i'm a host in your house and i respect customs and traditions! we'll have to aggree to disagree!
ok also for "Griffith", no problem, i don't speak japanese, and i'm not a filology and i've only repeat the version of the name that is in the version of the manga in my country.
Anyway, i think that the comparison between the characters, is uninportant in assuming the final of berserk, what is important, at least for me, is that "I" don't think that griffith is the absolute evil and Guts is the absolute good.
So, in the end of berserk, for me, it will become increasingly clear the mutual understanding between the two characters.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abbrà84 said:
ok also for "Griffith", no problem, i don't speak japanese, and i'm not a filology and i've only repeat the version of the name that is in the version of the manga in my country.

Sure thing, it's just so you know. I just assume anyone would want to know the proper spelling.

Abbrà84 said:
what is important, at least for me, is that "I" don't think that griffith is the absolute evil and Guts is the absolute good.
So, in the end of berserk, for me, it will become increasingly clear the mutual understanding between the two characters.

Haha, well, we'll see about that. Without going into absolutes, it's pretty clear to me that Griffith is evil and that Guts' anger towards him is well-placed. So I don't believe the 2 scenarios you've laid out will come to pass.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feeblecursedone said:
Hm,pre- ceremony Griffith? Definitely not. Femto/reincarnated Griffith? Probably/Possibly/Yes.

We're talking about the end of the series here, genius. Do I have to spell it out for you?

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
I wish some of these speculations came true... but most of these are too cheesy and way too predictable. There are just too many unexplained things to unravel some sort of true ending for the series. All I want is some point in the series is for Femto to get cannonballed in the face by Guts :guts:

Also I would want at least Zodd the Immortal to die some point in the series. But on that whole topic of him being "immortal," I feel sorry for the poor bastard who would try to bring him down :sad: Don't really know what that would bring to the table story wise, but just imagining what Zodd's dying words would be, peak my interest. Also to see his true body when he dies would be cool, like Wyald.

Imperator Hanseatic

Ultimately just a crippled neet who loves Berserk.
DANGERDOOOOM said:
just imagining what Zodd's dying words would be, peak my interest

I imagine if he died in a straight fight, he'd likely be at peace for having found a worthy opponent. Maybe a few words of congratulation to the one(s) who bested him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DANGERDOOOOM said:
Also I would want at least Zodd the Immortal to die some point in the series. But on that whole topic of him being "immortal," I feel sorry for the poor bastard who would try to bring him down :sad: Don't really know what that would bring to the table story wise, but just imagining what Zodd's dying words would be, peak my interest. Also to see his true body when he dies would be cool, like Wyald.

I have no doubt that Guts will kill Zodd eventually.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
When it comes to Zodd's death would it be best to have him die in an honourable battle like he presumably wants? Or something less befitting of a warrior to spite him and deny his dream?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Squiddot said:
When it comes to Zodd's death would it be best to have him die in an honourable battle like he presumably wants? Or something less befitting of a warrior to spite him and deny his dream?

I feel that the most courageous death would be for him to face off against a member of the God Hand. It would cement his status as a one-of-a-kind apostle who remained "his own man" in the end, plus they are actually overwhelmingly powerful opponents, which is what he sought before the Falcon of Light whooped his ass. Nothing in the manga shows Zodd caring much for honor –that's Grunbeld's thing– and it's kind of a ridiculous notion for an apostle (which is why Guts called Grunbeld out on it).

All that being said, I still really think Miura will give us a final Zodd vs Guts fight.

residentgrigo

I don´t think that Apostles are truly capable of honor by their vary nature. I would like Zodd to survive and be denied an honorable death or last duel. He has been a force of nature for centuries and a return to aimless wandering seems like a fitting end. A last fight against Guts seems logical to me too. Rule of 3 and all.

residentgrigo said:
I don´t think that Apostles are truly capable of honor by their vary nature.

The Count not sacrificing his daughter seemed like a honourable act to me, Femto even tried threatning him with putting him in the Berserk equivelant of hell and he still refused. So I think Apostles are capable of honor.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Would it be too far-fetched to think that if Guts defeats Zodd one day, Zodd might bend his knee to Guts in sign of respect/loyalty like he did with Femto? Sure God hand member is one thing and a human ( well extraordinary human ) is another one. I don't think its impossible given they've already had a temporary alliance against Ganishka.

Nothing in the manga shows Zodd caring much for honor

Well, his fight against Guts in Tudor's Stronghold could be seen as one on one honourable type of a duel, especially considering how enraged he got when band of the hawk interrupted the match and butted in. I do think he has some sort notion of honour even if its not as strong to shape him as a character in comparison to Grunbeld.

residentgrigo

Being repentant in death is meaningless if your life´s work was only death and misery. The Count didn´t even find the inner strength to kill his wife by himself (thx to the podcast crew for that detail i somehow overlooked), while she embraced her end. His truly died like slug in the end.

Zodd transformed in Vol.5 to stand a chance after loosing as a "man" (the arm wound is severe), which is an admittance of his weakness in a way. What´s fair in that duel?
I don´t care how any of the Apostles ultimately die (or not) but i would like most of their final fates to have an element of irony.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feeblecursedone said:
Would it be too far-fetched to think that if Guts defeats Zodd one day, Zodd might bend his knee to Guts in sign of respect/loyalty like he did with Femto?

Yes, it's far-fetched. No way that's ever happening. Zodd knelt because his natural master had displayed absolute power over him. That's not going to happen with anyone else. The most I could see him do, as a sign of respect to Guts in a hypothetical scenario, would be to nod his head.

Feeblecursedone said:
Well, his fight against Guts in Tudor's Stronghold could be seen as one on one honourable type of a duel, especially considering how enraged he got when band of the hawk interrupted the match and butted in.

I think that's far-fetched as well. He wanted to fully enjoy his duel with Guts, that's all. But he'd have killed him in the end, using his supernatural strength. Where's the honor in that? Zodd has a single-minded focus on testing his might, but that doesn't make him virtuous. If you want a beacon of honor in Berserk, Azan is where you should look. A man who wouldn't strike a fallen enemy, and whose main preoccupation is the safety of innocent people.

Feeblecursedone said:
I do think he has some sort notion of honour even if its not as strong to shape him as a character in comparison to Grunbeld.

He certainly does. He's not as devoid of morality and governed by his base instincts as the average apostle is. He has shown restraint and leniency in the past when it suited his interests, and even showed his distaste for the "festival" that occurred during the Eclipse by not partaking in it. But still, he's a monster content with butchering hapless men using power that puts him hopelessly above them. In the end, apostles are apostles, and there's a hard limit to the nobility they can display. Speaking of Grunbeld, if anything I think Zodd is much more honest than he is in that regard. He's not pretending to be what he isn't. One of my favorite moments in Berserk is when Guts calls out Grunbeld on being a monster who pretends to be a knight. It's spot-on.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pink-Dark-Boy said:
The Count not sacrificing his daughter seemed like a honourable act to me, Femto even tried threatning him with putting him in the Berserk equivelant of hell and he still refused. So I think Apostles are capable of honor.

The Count didn't "refuse" so much as "hesitate" to sacrifice Theresia, until he bled out and died. Miura chose to make it more ambiguous than an outright refusal to sacrifice his own daughter, which I think is pretty important given the kind of monster the Count had become.

And Femto didn't try and threaten him, he was telling him exactly what would (and did) happen to him if he died there.

residentgrigo

I don´t think that Zodd is either "evil" or capable of some inner good. I view him as the spirit of war, in a way. "Ending" his particular tale would feel weird to me. Even a property defined origin isn´t something i need. He just is. (Not that any of this has to do with Berserk´s ending.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom