• McCain

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Obama

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cheers...

I don't know how I feel about McCain. Every time I look at him, I feel like he might keel over..

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Thanks for the reset.

When will we know the final results for Florida, by the bye?

Well with 91% of the precincts reporting we've got:
McCain for Repubs

Clinton for Dems

This is a pretty huge win for McCain. He's stomping Romney big time.

As for Clinton, well, she was all but uncontested (no one else campaigned there as agreed upon). She'll undoubtedly really ham it up, tho.

Also, Guliani is expected to quit

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
As for Clinton, well, she was all but uncontested (no one else campaigned there as agreed upon). She'll undoubtedly really ham it up, tho.
How I hope Hillary's self-congratulatory conference turns out:
"My supreme victory in Florida, the retirement state, is all thanks to the support of my husband who I'll now consume in front of a live audience to ensure MOAR PRESS AND SENSATIONALISTIC COVERAGE *GLOOOORMPGlurgle..... Well honey that depends on how you define consum-CRACK*

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
"My supreme victory in Florida, the retirement state, is all thanks to the support of my husband who I'll now consume in front of a live audience to ensure MOAR PRESS AND SENSATIONALISTIC COVERAGE *GLOOOORMPGlurgle..... Well honey that depends on how you define consum-CRACK*

(insert Griff's Predator sound here)...

I am genuinely interested as to how she's going to spin this. Will she denounce the decision of the party to penalize Florida? She almost has to to make her victory there worth something. She's got shit for delegates to show for it.

Anyways it's good to see Guliani all but drop out at this point.

...9/11

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
I am genuinely interested as to how she's going to spin this. Will she denounce the decision of the party to penalize Florida? She almost has to to make her victory there worth something. She's got shit for delegates to show for it.

Oh, I just saw her on the news saying those votes count, and she has a major victory in a major state. To her credit, I think there is an argument about momentum being more important than actual delegates at this point. So let her toot her horn if she's willing to accept the appropriate backlash, the question is what will have a greater impact.

Anyway, more importantly, there's also talk down in Florida that they're going to run their own caucuses, generate new "phantom delegates" from those to replace the ones they lost, march them to Washington, and demand to be seated. That's right, Florida might controversially decide yet another election!

Griffith

Pfff, this is old news, I took him off my poll last night, he must have seen it and known it was ALL OVER!

Well, it's about damn time, I wonder who he'll endorse, or will he just sell his delegates to the highest bidder, since he's so principled? Anyway, enjoy this one last time:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/mysterious_traveler_entrances

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Griffith No More! said:
Pfff, this is old news, I took him off my poll last night,

Your prophecy came true again. Guliani is out.

Edit: Why would anyone consider an endorsement by Guliani to make a big difference? IT'S GULIANI, he barely beats "insert name here" ballots. Also I remember hearing that Obama was a write in vote and wasn't actually on the ballot. Anyone know if that's true or not?

P

Pencil-smith

Walter said:
The alternative can be found here.

Griffith

Romney is on the board in the SK.net poll! A major victory for him, not so fast front runner McCain. =)

Uriel

Awwww, last night was kawaii~~ ^___^

Seriously though, the chumminess was enough to make me feel sick, but it's better than bullshit we've had to content with of late. Both took a decent stand against McCain, probably hoping for people to put their vote to Romney, thus making the actual election easier for the Democrats. I still think the vote for the invasion of Iraq is going to be a clinching factor here... that and video games. By the bye, Obama and McCain, apparently, are the ones who've taken less of a stand against them.. which makes no sense, because surely Romney can see the skyrocketing market for them? [/pointless trail of though]

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:

Seriously though, the chumminess was enough to make me feel sick, but it's better than bullshit we've had to content with of late.

Well I didn't really watch all of it (but I saw the clips). I like it better than the bullshit drudged up in south carolina.
CNN constantly moving the cameras to the celebrities was making me feel sick much more than what was said on stage.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Uriel said:

Seriously though, the chumminess was enough to make me feel sick,

The faces Hillary kept making last night had my stomach turning. Seriously if she is elected President the country will be suffering from the terrable facial expressions she keeps making.

Also are they trying to say Hillary had something to do with the [Bill] Clinton years? I really like where she said,
It took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush so it's going to take a Clinton to clean up after the second.

Bush 1 wasn't even nearly as bad as his son. So by that logic Hillary is going to be the pit stain to the Clinton legacy.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea stuff like that really lends credence to the idea that we should nip this dynasty bullshit in the bud before it has a chance to fester.

Uriel

Super Tuesday is here.

Any of us here actually getting to vote? I know Bob has to wait a while...

I would have voted for Obama this year, but learned that he intends to cut NASA's budget. I understand that education needs more funding. I agree wholeheartedly. But don't take the funds from underdog/whipped-poodle NASA. Take that $10 billion from welfare, or defense. Some place that that amount is negligible.

If he wins, he'll can Project Constellation before it gets off the ground. :judo:

CnC said:
Sarcasm aside, I would prefer to have the money come out of defense but having him delay (note: not "cancel") the program isn't something to rake him over the coals for imo. What's Hillary's plan cut from, or does she reduce spending at all?

I've seen nothing but generic "Has a commitment to space" rhetoric from her. She's a no-go for me because of the "dynastic" issue. 20 years of rule under the same two families?
Given that that Space Shuttle is retiring in 2010 and there is already a four year gap before the Ares I vehicle will be ready to launch crews to Space Station, a five year delay of the Constellation program would leave the United States government without its own human launch capability for nearly ten years.

I believe the ISS is a piece of political garbage anyway, but this only compounds the problem. How thet hell are we going to support this monolith we've wasted so much money on? Or will we just let it burn up?

What bothers me about Obama deciding to nix Space funding is not altogether that it is NASA being cut, but rather that it ISN'T defense. To me that says that he doesn't have the huevos to cut it in the current "OMG Terrorballs!" environment. Instead he picks on the target least likely to offend the general populace, and then shoots the funds toward education, something that will win him support for very little effort.

It's purely vote seeking behaviour. This makes me distrustful. Smacks of G.W.

Top Bottom