Votes: 6 15.8%
  • McCain

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Obama

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It's more about limiting his general appeal than truly playing on racial bias, making him seem like he's "the black candidate" for black people only, at the exclusion of everyone else (to make it seem like he's the one with the problem, not the voters). Anyway, he won bigger in SC than people expected, and there's rumblings that both blacks and whites in the democratic party are none too pleased with the Clintons over some of their tactics. Also, McCain and Romney are really starting to go at it in Florida, where they're basically neck and neck while McCain is picking up some key endorsements.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
This time, the polls hit the nail on the head.

I'm a little dejected that Kucinich opted out of the race. It would have probably ended up being my wife's vote. Now we're both paying much closer attention to Obama, as he was Kucinich's recommendation. Now that he's gotten himself a gold star in SC, his momentum is bound to escalate. It's too bad for the Clinton campaign -- I agree with a lot of things she stands for, but the woman said something about being willing to do "whatever was necessary" in a defense situation, repeating "whatever is necessary" when someone asked about nuclear weapons. That and he soccer-mom stand on video games... Obama should have been my choice all along, I suppose. I'll finally add my vote to the Skullknight.net Primary 2008. Now, where are the screaming fans?

Edit - If he does go on to win the election, I'm looking forward to the time when Firefox adds "Obama" to its in-built spell checker.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
I'll finally add my vote to the Skullknight.net Primary 2008. Now, where are the screaming fans?

Wait, you can't vote in the general, can you? I thought you were a new arrival, not a citizen....

Anyways Obama gave a pretty nice speech on MLK day. I'll try and dig it up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0x_TpDris

if people find good speeches by the candidates please post them

S

Sanguinius

Griffith No More! said:
It's more about limiting his general appeal than truly playing on racial bias, making him seem like he's "the black candidate" for black people only, at the exclusion of everyone else (to make it seem like he's the one with the problem, not the voters). Anyway, he won bigger in SC than people expected, and there's rumblings that both blacks and whites in the democratic party are none too pleased with the Clintons over some of their tactics. Also, McCain and Romney are really starting to go at it in Florida, where they're basically neck and neck while McCain is picking up some key endorsements.

Are you saying this is somehow unique to him? What candidate is running openly or secretly as the white/black/hispanic candidate for white/black/hispanic people only?

Uriel

CnC said:
Wait, you can't vote in the general, can you? I thought you were a new arrival, not a citizen....

Not a new arrival, really -- but no.

I'm not willing to give up my British citisenry -- maybe one day, but not in the foreseeable future. Or are you implying I'm not worthy to cast my ballot onto this fine forums poll. Well, are ya!?

Griffith

Sanguinius said:
Are you saying this is somehow unique to him? What candidate is running openly or secretly as the white/black/hispanic candidate for white/black/hispanic people only?

None, but they'd all love to pigeonhole each other and limit their broad range appeal by making them come off as a specific group's candidate.

Uriel said:
Or are you implying I'm not worthy to cast my ballot onto this fine forums poll. Well, are ya!?

Limey. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
That and he soccer-mom stand on video games...

Yeah, good point here. Hillary is a fucking facist when it comes to games. I think that says a lot about what kind of person she actually is.

S

Sanguinius

Aazealh said:
Yeah, good point here. Hillary is a fucking facist when it comes to games. I think that says a lot about what kind of person she actually is.

Hillary has shown throughtout her political career a natural tendency for control freakery in all things.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:

That's why she needs Bill's help to get votes, she really doesn't have much to run on. Also, does anyone have the Reagan argument between Obama and Hillary? Google is failing me.

Never mind I'm retarded. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9r6My21Ehg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Is this right? Obama now has more committed delegates going into super tuesday?
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

Anyway it's been kind of a huge push of momentum for Obama, hasn't it? It's like a new person is publicly endorsing him every hour.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Anyway it's been kind of a huge push of momentum for Obama, hasn't it? It's like a new person is publicly endorsing him every hour.
It's all thanks to the SKnet poll.

And yeah, the media has definitely been firing off their Obama cannons in celebration since the S.C. results came in. I've had faith in the guy for a while, and I really do think he could make it as the Democratic finalist.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
And yeah, the media has definitely been firing off their Obama cannons in celebration since the S.C. results came in. I've had faith in the guy for a while, and I really do think he could make it as the Democratic finalist.

I know I voted for Guliani in the poll, :troll:, but yea I think Obama could make it. We'll find out in a week, I suppose, as he was "assured" to win N.H as well.

Uriel

The SK.net poll definitely helped..

But probably not as much as JFK's daughter and that other chap from the Kennedy family. Everything is coming up Milhouse for Obama right now. Apparently the polls are swinging in Hilary's favour for Super Tuesday -- but we'll have to see.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Everything is coming up Milhouse

oh great now I got water in my nose from laughing... thanks.

Hillary has to have a pretty clear victory in some states, tho. Even a close victory is bad for her as far as delegates are concerned (Nevada).

Griffith

I'm cautiously optimistic of Obama's chances. I was excited after Iowa and going into New Hampshire when it looked like he had a chance to bury Hillary early, believing that everyone secretly really wanted Obama, and the only thing holding it back was the fear that he couldn't really win. After Iowa, it seemed like a collective, "We're gonna do it, it's actually gonna happen, we're going to make it happen!" But Obama got a little too comfy, then the women of New Hampshire spoke, and Hillary was back up off the mat. From the point, from her victory speech on, it's been a very strange feeling, that feeling I got watching the Patriots this season, even when they were down in the 4th quarter, that feeling of inevitability. The Clintons, when was the last time they lost an election? They LIVE for this. Still, Obama has a real shot to shock the World (God knows there's enough people pulling for it), and I'd love to see it. Then again, everyone might have to settle for the Clinton/Obama/Clinton sandwich.

To sum-up: It wouldn't surprise me to see Obama win, but I would be surprised to see Hillary lose, if that makes sense. =)

These Clintons man, they're just something else...

images
"I'm scared."
images
"Bullshit. You ain't afraid of no man."
images
"There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man."

hillary-clinton.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
that sfx fits that picture surprisingly well :isidro:

as for the clintons it seems the past 2 weeks have been more about Bill than Hillary.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It may sound a little conspiracy theory-esque, but I think Bill's dominance in the headlines in recent weeks was a ploy to make America remember that Bill is associated with Hillary. As in, a vote for Hillary is a vote for Bill. He's no idiot, and no slouch to campaigning. I think all these little "slip ups" and "controversy" with the press was just a stage show for name association.

Griffith

I think there's an interesting, I dare say, male chauvinism angle to this too. Hillary's only getting blamed for Bill's little uproars about as much as she's being portrayed the victim of them. Questions like, "Is BILL hurting her, is HE doing too much, is HE going too far, should HE tone it down?" It's a fine line, and could be argued as just choice of words, but they're acting like she's not really the one behind it. Like he's running the show, or that she can't control him. I don't think this is a bad thing for her as it gives her another layer of insulation from criticism, and reminds people, "Bill's hurting her... just like with Monica, awwww." I just don't think it could be further from the truth. They know exactly what they're doing, and I certainly don't think it's anything she's not deliberately ordering or approving firsthand, but you might not think so watching some of the coverage.

Well, McCain and Romney are running neck and neck, about 2% apart at any given time (like 34 to 32%), the biggest lead I saw for McCain was 34 to 30 when 10% of precincts were in. Though right as I type this with 44% in, he's leading 35/32. Florida is winner take all, so one of them is going to be VERY disappointed to lose.

Also, there's rumblings Hillary might try to get the Florida vote to count since she's going to win it so big (in what was long ago established to be a state the Dems wouldn't be taking delegates from), pretty sneaky, "Well, if I win, they should count."

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
Also, there's rumblings Hillary might try to get the Florida vote to count since she's going to win it so big (in what was long ago established to be a state the Dems wouldn't be taking delegates from), pretty sneaky, "Well, if I win, they should count."

That would be quite the play. Really quite low.

Griffith

McCain is now the projected winner with 62% of precincts reporting in. He currently leads 36% to Romney's 32%. If it holds up, that's 57 delegates to McCain, giving him 97 to Romney's 67.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Romney's lead is honestly frightening to me. The man believes in every word of the Bible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOy8H1FsNrg&feature=related). Then again, he's a great straw man to throw against the power of Obama, should they both win their parties' nominations. :carcus:

Griffith

In a matter of hours, 82% of the results are already in, so by the end of the day. It's McCain, though.

Top Bottom