Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Obama

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: 2008 Presidential Election

Walter said:
since neither of us like kicking a man when he's down.

my vote goes for "kick him". However in a few weeks nobody will really get the reference.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

I say save it for the bumper of a Fred you meet who deserves it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith No More! said:
I say save it for the bumper of a Fred you meet who deserves it.
Well, this one has a small picture of Fred looking agitated/pathetic. It's pretty amusing, really :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

I say kick him while he's down, the man is a flid.

I would like to request some information. I understand why Hilary and Obama are bumping heads over MLK, no thanks to their campaign teams, but what is all the hubbub surrounding Reagan? I don't know my Presidential history (lets be fair, why should I need to?) but I'm still compelled... I'd link to the videos, but can't find them now... too weary, man.. too weary.

Escalus

Kiss My Cons

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
By default shouldn't you remove Giuliani also? The guy is getting less votes then Ron Paul.

RP got 2nd place in Nevada on the 19th????
Beating out every other Republican except for Mitt?
WTF??!??

Griffith

Bob's statement is clearly accurate, what is the source of your confusion? =)

Escalus

Kiss My Cons

Griffith No More! said:
Bob's statement is clearly accurate, what is the source of your confusion? =)

Simply Add:
McCain
Huckabee
to the "getting less votes" list...
=)
i.e. we should no longer use RP as our litmus test for suckitude...it'll probably continue, this I know, but he has done well vs. the mainstream Republican candidates...

Griffith

It's worth pointing out that Romney destroyed with 51% of the vote in Nevada, meaning "RP" still remained a whopping 37% behind the winning mark despite being able to claim default runner-up status among a bunch of statistically insignificant bottom feeders in a total non-race. So yeah, that big second place finish isn't exactly setting the World on fire.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.

Being the good american citizen I am, I've been trying hard not to follow this election. Unfortunately everywhere I go it rears its ugly mug, so I suppose it's time I resigned myself and start paying attention. From what I have read so far, it seems like the media is attacking all other democratic candidates except for obama. In the constant bickering between Clinton and Obama, they always portray Clinton as the aggressor. While I don't think either one of them really has the high ground, some of Clinton's shots at Obama really are valid. What the media and Obama call just a couple "present" votes actually number something around 180, and while I don't know what they all are, many of them were pretty important issues. Also. I just read an AP article where they talked about how Edwards claims to be running on a mature platform, in contrast to all the childish arguing between C and O, but then they slam him for letting Lettermen mess up his hair on air and how that completely goes against his platform. What? Really? And from AP?

Anyway, I hate politics and politicians. The only one I respect is Al Gore, its too bad he's portrayed as a sore loser, hippy, emotionless-robot, cause I would love to see him run again.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Uriel said:
I would like to request some information. I understand why Hilary and Obama are bumping heads over MLK, no thanks to their campaign teams, but what is all the hubbub surrounding Reagan? I don't know my Presidential history (lets be fair, why should I need to?) but I'm still compelled... I'd link to the videos, but can't find them now... too weary, man.. too weary.

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2008/01/obamareagan.html

Basically the clinton campaign is taking something Obama said and twisting it.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Cheers, mate. That cleared a lot of things up.

Seems like a lot of arse biscruitry from the Clinton campaign. Olde Bill is becoming more a hindrance, these days.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Uriel said:
Seems like a lot of arse biscruitry from the Clinton campaign. Olde Bill is becoming more a hindrance, these days.

Yea it's getting pretty ugly pretty quickly, though we're not quite at the "John McCain fathers an illegitimate black child"-level of Carl Rove tactics yet. One good thing is most pundits are jumping on this and calling BS on both Clinton and Edwards for pouncing on Obama.

Escalus said:
i.e. we should no longer use RP as our litmus test for suckitude...it'll probably continue, this I know, but he has done well vs. the mainstream Republican candidates...

Yea I have to say I'm _extremely_ frustrated with what the media is doing in regards to RP. I have no idea why he doesn't even get a mention and yet the "top 4" republicans remain McCain, Romney, Huckabee, and Giuliani irregardless of who wins the states. I mean, as soon as a guy comes in second in a state you give him some bloody air-time. :chomp:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Escalus said:
Simply Add:
McCain
Huckabee
to the "getting less votes" list...
=)

Then again McCain and Huckabee have both won primaries. So they don't fall under the Getting less votes category. [Especially after just one time]

Griffith

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bill_clinton_screw_it_im_running

Well, it's about time.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Griffith No More! said:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bill_clinton_screw_it_im_running

Well, it's about time.

haha! That's great.
It actually was discussed a bit on Meet the Press, Bill's running for his third term. :troll:

Escalus

Kiss My Cons

CnC said:
haha! That's great.
It actually was discussed a bit on Meet the Press, Bill's running for his third term. :troll:

LOL
Regardless, Bill's my boy. Once he's back I'm switching candidates/parties. Word.

Griffith No More! said:
It's worth pointing out that Romney destroyed with 51% of the vote in Nevada, meaning "RP" still remained a whopping 37% behind the winning mark despite being able to claim default runner-up status among a bunch of statistically insignificant bottom feeders in a total non-race. So yeah, that big second place finish isn't exactly setting the World on fire.

1-22-08
Lousiana Caucus
McCain-1st Place
"RP"-2nd Place...

what if dey in da bayou??? dat make dem igsignnificant? :troll:

Note from GnM: Ron Paul encourages double posting; DON'T VOTE RON PAUL!

Griffith

Actually, yes, it is. The Louisiana primary isn't a battleground state for the nomination, it's insignificant just like the Wyoming primary that Romney won early on and nobody cared about (that insignificant win alone netted him more delegates than little Ronnie Paul), and Fred Thomson even came in second there. That's right, Fred "I'm a big stiff who just dropped out despite being a favorite of conservatives in the party, though I still have more delegates than Captain Ron" Thompson. Also, let's not forget that second is just first loser, so please, enough with the second place moral "victories" in flyover states, that's like being a double loser, that's losing at losing, that's like coming in 2 out of 3 in a losing contest... wait, nevermind, just post about it in the Ron Paul thread if you must. I don't even mean to especially pick on Dr. No here, it's just that when you make fun of someone like Fred Thompson, you don't have to respond to his fan club for days after. =)

Anyway, looks like Rudy is maybe taking his last stand in Florida, right now he's 10 points behind McCain and 8 behind Romney, that's a lot of ground to make up against two opponents, and this was basically the lynchpin of his campaign. Soon he and Ron Paul might be running for the office of Dog Catcher of the District of Columbia.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Some of the stuff Obama's been promising have started scaring me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWlpvOPKXc

:guts:

Griffith

Well, it (Vice President Oprah!) didn't hurt him in South Carolina where he's now being called the winner. It'll be interesting to see from here on out if there's anything to the claims that Obama has now been successfully framed as "the black candidate" to debase his support among whites in the upcoming contests.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
there's anything to the claims that Obama has now been successfully framed as "the black candidate" to debase his support among whites in the upcoming contests.

I'd quicker put that title's creation on the media rather than the Clintons.

Griffith

Not to derail serious SC discussion, which I welcome, but one good thing I can say about Romney...

rt_mitt_romney_070425_ms.jpg

He sure looks an awful lot like Bruce Campbell.​

Now I'm not saying this should be a major issue for anybody, but I wouldn't rule it out as a potential tiebreaker. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
Now I'm not saying this should be a major issue for anybody, but I wouldn't rule it out as a potential tiebreaker. =)

Well it is a bit of an issue. The same idiots that voted for bush saying he's the kind of guy they'd like to have a beer with would vote for Romney 'cause he "looks" presidential

S

Sanguinius

Griffith No More! said:
Well, it (Vice President Oprah!) didn't hurt him in South Carolina where he's now being called the winner. It'll be interesting to see from here on out if there's anything to the claims that Obama has now been successfully framed as "the black candidate" to debase his support among whites in the upcoming contests.

If anything being Black turns off Hispanic voters much more than white voters, which are important in some states both for the nomination and the election later.

Edit: Changed Latino to Hispanic as I got a complaint about the word.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sanguinius said:
If anything being Black turns off Latino voters much more than white voters which are important in some states both for the nomination and the election later.

Why would Obama being black turn Latino voters away from him?

Edit: rudeness.

S

Sanguinius

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Why would Obama being black turn Latino voters away from him?

Edit: rudeness.

http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10566696

Top Bottom