AOW Zodd and Wyald statue

Armored_Berserk said:
OMG they have 7 fingers!!! What drama.... :troll:

Seriously, who cares?

If you want to be punctilious, Zodd does not open the mouth in this scene...Does this make the statue bad?

I take it you're referring to my post, so: Who said it's a bad statue? Don't assume things nobody wrote.
The wings look off to me, and everytime I look at them I think: Something's wrong.
If you don't mind, that's good for you - Enjoy your three-boobed Slann.  :casca:

royoak said:
I take it you're referring to my post, so: Who said it's a bad statue? Don't assume things nobody wrote.
The wings look off to me, and everytime I look at them, I think somethings wrong.
If you don't mind, that's good for you - Enjoy you're three-boobed Slann. :casca:

i can understand both of you!

yes its not like in the manga. And i don't know why AOW didn't put the details on it, its 100.000 YEN ... very very much money

but its a great HUGE statue, and i am shure it will be a great view on every display :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Armored_Berserk said:
OMG they have 7 fingers!!! What drama.... :troll:

Seriously, who cares?

I do. Why? Shouldn't I? Shouldn't this be a minimum accurate given the price? You can be as much of a fanboy as you want, but don't push your low (inexistent?) standards on other people.

royoak said:
The wings look off to me, and everytime I look at them, I think somethings wrong.

They look off because they are off. Something is indeed wrong with them, regardless of what some people might think.

G

Genome

Ok ok peace and everything like that guys.

I just checked another scene with Zodd and there is only 1 finger more peer wing on this item. To notice that just have a look at page 181 of volume 5 when Zodd is about to "escape" the castle where he was fighting with Gutts and Griffith. Enjoy :serpico:

royoak said:
The wings look off to me, and everytime I look at them I think: Something's wrong.
If you don't mind, that's good for you - Enjoy your three-boobed Slann. :casca:

Please don't compare a boob and a wing finger, it has no sense :casca:.

@Aazealth: You think it's not accurate because of the wings? Come on...all Berserk statues aren't accurate if you fix on details like that. I wonder who is the fanboy between me and a guy who count the fingers on a wing :schierke:

And don't forget the arrow on Guts statue, it should be on the shoulder, not on the arm :troll:

Yes it's expensive, but Zodd 3 was 38000 yen. Now compare Zodd 3 with this statue, the price is "logic" when we see the mass. Unlike to Zodd Revelations whose price (38000 yens too) is clearly abused...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
I just checked another scene with Zodd and there is only 1 finger more peer wing on this item. To notice that just have a look at page 181 of volume 5 when Zodd is about to "escape" the castle where he was fighting with Guts and Griffith. Enjoy :serpico:

It's already been said that the wings each feature one finger too many on this statue.

Armored_Berserk said:
@Aazealth: You think it's not accurate because of the wings? Come on...all Berserk statues aren't accurate if you fix on details like that. I wonder who is the fanboy between me and a guy who count the fingers on a wing :schierke:

The name's spelled Aazealh. And no, not many of those statues are perfectly accurate. However, this error was instantly noticeable and looks rather disgracious to me, as it does to other people. This is why it's been pointed out. Also, wonder no more, the fanboy's the one so eager to spend his money that he'll pathetically try to ridicule people that are simply pointing out defaults, in a majestic demonstration of intolerance and immaturity.

Armored_Berserk said:
And don't forget the arrow on Guts statue, it should be on the shoulder, not on the arm :troll:

Indeed. See? You noticed it as well.

Armored_Berserk said:
Yes it's expensive, but Zodd 3 was 38000 yen. Now compare Zodd 3 with this statue, the price is "logic" when we see the mass. Unlike to Zodd Revelations whose price (38000 yens too) is clearly abused...

You missed the point. What's logic here is to expect a faithful depiction of the scene represented. It's fine if you don't mind inaccuracies, but don't act as if they shouldn't matter to other people.

Also, wonder no more, the fanboy's the one so eager to spend his money that he'll pathetically try to ridicule people that are simply pointing out defaults, in a majestic demonstration of intolerance and immaturity.

:ganishka: OK mister "iknoweverythingmorethanothers"

Please revise the definition of "intolerance" and "immaturity" before using those words :schierke:.

I don't care if you don't like the wings, it's your choice but PLEASE don't be ridiculous by counting the fingers on it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Armored_Berserk said:
:ganishka: OK mister "iknoweverythingmorethanothers"

I imagine you mean "I know everything better than other people."

Armored_Berserk said:
Please revise the definition of "intolerance" and "immaturity" before using those words :schierke:.

I know their definitions very well, thank you.

Armored_Berserk said:
I don't care if you don't like the wings, it's your choice but PLEASE don't be ridiculous by counting the fingers on it.

I'm afraid you're the one being ridiculous here. It took me like a tenth of a second to notice that there were too many fingers on the wings. Certainly less time than you have spent trying to minimize it. Now that it's been said, it would be nice if you actually did respect other people's choices and opinions in the future. Thanks in advance.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
What's next? A Black Swordsman Guts with two valid eyes? Armored_Berserk, I can see your position on such a matter, but the thing is: it's still wrong. There's a huge difference between having an open mouth Zodd compared to a 7 fingered wing Zodd, it just shows how lazy AOW has gotten on producing quality products.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
it just shows how lazy AOW has gotten on producing quality products.

yes, if you pay 100.00 YEN there shouldn't be such a mistake! I totally agree with this point.
And after producing a Griffith with a "not-worth-80.000-yen-face" i though AOW goes back to detail.

But Armored_Berserk is also right: wayne, enough people don't care! its a great statue, a unique diorama :)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
HITReza said:
But Armored_Berserk is also right: wayne, enough people don't care! its a great statue, a unique diorama :)

Well that's their choice to buy and support near accurate statues, but don't expect me to like it. I want quality and accuracy regardless of price.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Armored_Berserk said:
And please don't forget that Zodd w/ Wyald cost 80000 yen, 100000 is for the exclu II with Guts.

Even if it cost 20,000円 it'd still be a regrettable error. It's not like a product has to reach a certain price before one can expect a minimum of attention to detail. The fact it's high priced only adds insult to injury. Besides, they didn't make the error in the past, so why start now? Turning a blind eye on it would be encouraging more inaccuracies in the future and in general, mediocrity. I can't see how that'd be a good thing.

Anyway, as i said i sent them an email. AOW has always been understanding, maybe they will correct this and everybody will be happy.

Instead of complaining on a board maybe you (by you i mean all people you don't like the wings) should have sent them an email (if you don't it before). I think it will be more effective.

Wednesday i will have an answer...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Armored_Berserk said:
Anyway, as i said i sent them an email. AOW has always been understanding, maybe they will correct this and everybody will be happy.

AOW hasn't always been understanding, no, but if they do correct it that would be good for the people who are going to buy it.

Armored_Berserk said:
Instead of complaining on a board maybe you (by you i mean all people you don't like the wings) should have sent them an email (if you don't it before). I think it will be more effective.

What's telling you nobody sent emails already? I sent one. And there wasn't really any complaints, people just legitimately pointed out that the wings were off and that they didn't like it. I don't know what your problem was with it in the first place. It's not like it's a small error that can easily be corrected or anything.

As far as the wing issue goes. I do wish it was accurate.

BUT one thing you guys have to realize is that with licensed product everything has to be approved by the licensor. So Miura or someone that works directly for him thinks this is fine. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't accept everything as perfect but it bears mentioning.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
chezzrok said:
Could someone post pics of the manga image as I have never read one!! Go figure..lol. Please post. :zodd:

I'm no expert on the matter, but I believe the SK policy is to tell you to bugger off for asking for scans.

Edit: You might have some luck buying the manga so you can read it. I would suggest your local bookstore.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
BUT one thing you guys have to realize is that with licensed product everything has to be approved by the licensor. So Miura or someone that works directly for him thinks this is fine. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't accept everything as perfect but it bears mentioning.

The exact procedure for product approval isn't known to us, so the extent to which such details are scrutinized is simple speculation and could widely vary. Once upon a time AOW couldn't even be arsed to correctly write proper names from the manga in Japanese, so personally I wouldn't take the editor's green lighting as a necessarily reliable indicator.

chezzrok said:
Could someone post pics of the manga image as I have never read one!! Go figure..lol. Please post. :zodd:

It's never too late to go buy the manga. I definitely recommend you to do so if you've really never read it.

Zodd-Wyald.jpg

Genome said:
When you speak of non scale do you mean you don't know the scale are the character is not proportional ?

My understanding of "non-scale", is that it basically means it's not perfectly proportional, and that certain liberties have been taken for whatever purpose (artistic, practical, etc). For example, a super deformed figure (like the Berserk key chains) are considered non-scale because the heads are much much bigger than the bodies.

Direct DK-NESS sup sup brotha' bet your pysched huh,sh!T i KNOW i AM!
Aazealh, thank foe posting the pics and my apologies if I violated any SK.NET rules by humbly requesting pics, so again my apologies. Well, It seems to me taht everyone has valid point regarding the sculpt. Admittedly I am a fanboy and minor stuff doesnt bother me. However, that being said for that kinda loot they need to be meticulous with the reprsentation and get lazy as my had earned dollars are not accrued by laziness, as I bust my ass fo ma'chedda!As for the guy tellin' me to "bugger" off or whatever YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO!

@ Aazealh and Armored_Berserk: please let us know what AOW replys!
Would be great if they changed it.

chezzrok said:
Direct DK-NESS sup sup brotha' bet your pysched huh,sh!T i KNOW i AM!
Aazealh, thank foe posting the pics and my apologies if I violated any SK.NET rules by humbly requesting pics, so again my apologies. Well, It seems to me taht everyone has valid point regarding the sculpt. Admittedly I am a fanboy and minor stuff doesnt bother me. However, that being said for that kinda loot they need to be meticulous with the reprsentation and get lazy as my had earned dollars are not accrued by laziness, as I bust my ass fo ma'chedda!As for the guy tellin' me to "bugger" off or whatever YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO!

maybe me english is so bad but i didn't understand 50% :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
chezzrok said:
Aazealh, thank foe posting the pics and my apologies if I violated any SK.NET rules by humbly requesting pics, so again my apologies.

No problem, but I still advise you to read the manga; you're seriously missing out.

HITReza said:
@ Aazealh and Armored_Berserk: please let us know what AOW replys!
Would be great if they changed it.

Sure man, if I get a reply I'll post it right away.

Top Bottom