AOW Zodd and Wyald statue

HITReza said:
@ Aazealh and Armored_Berserk: please let us know what AOW replys!
Would be great if they changed it.

Sure, but it will wednesday, this tuesday is holiday in Japan.

Concerning the "non-scale", i have always thought it meant that the statue is not in a standard scale like 1/15 or 1/10 but something like 1/12. It's false?

Armored_Berserk said:
Concerning the "non-scale", i have always thought it meant that the statue is not in a standard scale like 1/15 or 1/10 but something like 1/12. It's false?
Yes.
If a model of a real object is out of proportion and/or varies from its true configuration it is a non-scale.

And here the answer:

Dearest **********,

Thank you for your question For ART OF WAR.

Regarding quantity of the fingers of ZODD’s wing, we would like to answer you as follows.

It seems That Zodd have different quantity of the fingers as you said. When we make All of Berserk statues, we are always sincerely careful represent imagination of the Original comics. However, when we develop and express the characters as three dimensional molding, sometimes there are difference in detail between the original Comics since the concern of molding& representing valance. While the comics is two-dimensions, as the result the item could not be 100% same from the comics because we have to care every angles of the statue, and whole balance of the body.

ART OF WAR are sincerely developing the statue under these conditions, and ALL of our Berserk items(of courde including ZODD &WYALD)was complied under supervision of Mr. Miura and Hakusensha(ART OF WAR are only allowed to make the items not to break imagination of the original comics, and also we are permitted to mold the statue attaching importance to whole balance of the item.)

Thank you for your kindest understanding, and we promise you we will reflect your idea when we make the statue, and do our best to represent as the original comics more than before.

Thank you very much and if you have any other question, please feel free to contact us at any time.

at your best service,
ART OF WAR
Songe Lee

Yes, but maybe it's right, maybe all statues are manufactured under Miura supervision. But this, we won't never know if it's true.

Could someone contact Miura to see if it's true? :ganishka:

What is certain is that they won't change the wings now...

Here the original message:

Regarding ........................., we would like to answer you as follows.

It seems That .................... as you said. When we make All of Berserk statues, we are always sincerely careful represent imagination of the Original comics. However, when we develop and express the characters as three dimensional molding, sometimes there are difference in detail between the original Comics since the concern of molding& representing valance. While the comics is two-dimensions, as the result the item could not be 100% same from the comics because we have to care every angles of the statue, and whole balance of the body.

ART OF WAR are sincerely developing the statue under these conditions, and ALL of our Berserk items(of courde including ..............)was complied under supervision of Mr. Miura and Hakusensha(ART OF WAR are only allowed to make the items not to break imagination of the original comics, and also we are permitted to mold the statue attaching importance to whole balance of the item.)

Thank you for your kindest understanding, and we promise you we will reflect your idea when we make the statue, and do our best to represent as the original comics more than before.

Thank you very much and if you have any other question, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thanks AOW :schierke:

EDIT:

We are afraid we won't. There would be serious balance problem if we remake the quantity of the fingers.
we are very sorry again for it and thank you very much for your kindest understanding.

Thank you very much and have a great day!

at your best service,
ART OF WAR
Songe Lee

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Armored_Berserk said:
Yes, but maybe it's right, maybe all statues are manufactured under Miura supervision. But this, we won't never know if it's true.

Yeah, I'm sure that even though he's not publishing the manga right now, he's got time to spend overlooking the sculptors at AOW's workshop... Like you said we can't know for sure, but I think it's more likely they just show the sculpt to someone at Hakusensha and that person validates it. Miura probably's only signed a formal agreement or something of the sort. I don't see how those errors could be made if he actively participated in the elaboration of each statue.

Armored_Berserk said:
Could someone contact Miura to see if it's true? :ganishka:

I've actually considered asking him in the past, but honestly I don't think I'd get an answer. It'd be way too inquiring.

Armored_Berserk said:
What is certain is that they won't change the wings now...

Well to be honest I didn't have much hope in the first place, because to resculpt it would be quite a pain in the neck for them. It's a rather big detail and they'd have to completely redo the wings. A loss both of time and money. And from experience I know they don't like to touch up a product over customer feedback once it's done. It's regrettable but at least they'll pay attention to it next time.

Anyway we've tried, can't do much more than that.

Direct link

gutsuo4.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BrandonRudy said:
sounds like someone is pissed off and jealous he can't afford one of these masterpieces!! :ganishka:

Relation with the rest of the thread? What are you even talking about?

G

Genome

nice pictures. I'm thinking if colors will be deferent from version 1 to version 2 like they did for the last Zodd item...

Ok fellaz, Zodd revelations is shipping, so I rquested double packaging so I Strongly urge you tomake sure the packaging is near indestructable,worth every extra penny to ensure this masterpiece arrives safely! Also, my zodd/wylad dio with 100 man guts culpt is already preorered and paid for BOOHYAAA! :zodd:INDEED HE IS IMMORTAL! :isidro:

HOLY MOTHER. The statue looks frickin' AMAZING. WOWOWOWOW. I just placed my order for Version 2. Truly truly an amazing piece.

On a side note, did anyone else hit the "order" button and 2 quantities came up for the statue? I had to actually hit "remove" to make it go down to one. I tried it a few times and it happened each time. However, I just tried now and it seems to be working normally (ie only 1 quantity). I hope my order went through okay since I hit "remove". One time in the past, when I ordered a statue, they emailed me shortly after saying that I placed an order for an empty cart... It was odd...

Top Bottom